Media Psychos Monster Award

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★

Media Psychos Monster Award

For my submission, I decided to go with some more obscure releases and stick with my boutique labels so below are entires from Vinegar SyndromeMondo MacabroScream FactorySynapseSeverinEureka!Kino Lorber, Criterion, and Arrow among others.

I'm sure this is more than enough as that Godzilla set has 15 movies and the Gamera has 5  I think.  

Thanks for a Horror themed award @extantsrevenge!

IMG_8904.thumb.jpeg.486ee12fc89349b069fef58255b4ce56.jpeg

• Like 18

• ★ Administrators ★

Awesome and terrifying @Gary K. I don't know most of these, normally you should list what type of Monster is featured as these are lesser known titles, But the covers look very frightful, so I'm good in handing out the award 😨

1257508178_award_received_QuickTypographyPack_free_hand.gif.edb65516d6f16db7ecf8f2ca01e175fc.gif

Great selection @MikeH5856

award_received_alien_version_f.gif.7e6c37bc063fd78e792a663842f9b392.gif

@ShadowWarrior 😲, I did say limit the edition to max 35 😅, completely forgot about Men in Black, these really have lots of Monster. How did Bloodshot end up in your submission, not really have that on my card as a Monster Movie, same with Brightburn that is more Evil Superhero Genre.

award_received_predator_version_b.gif.c84e478dfc5daeb7b21b789ee0135893.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

Awesome and terrifying @Gary K. I don't know most of these, normally you should list what type of Monster is featured as these are lesser known titles, But the covers look very frightful, so I'm good in handing out the award 😨

1257508178_award_received_QuickTypographyPack_free_hand.gif.edb65516d6f16db7ecf8f2ca01e175fc.gif

Great selection @MikeH5856

award_received_alien_version_f.gif.7e6c37bc063fd78e792a663842f9b392.gif

@ShadowWarrior 😲, I did say limit the edition to max 35 😅, completely forgot about Men in Black, these really have lots of Monster. How did Bloodshot end up in your submission, not really have that on my card as a Monster Movie, same with Brightburn that is more Evil Superhero Genre.

award_received_predator_version_b.gif.c84e478dfc5daeb7b21b789ee0135893.gif

So what had happened was. I got all mixed up with the Halloween challenge and then excited and got all the pics done and had no SWAG! So an hour later wasted and I didn't really know if all would count 🤣 so I just posted them all!

• Haha 6

Just now, Reagh said:

34947575-BFAE-419B-B970-35891334F708.gif.de957d59690264935002bd7d95637de2.gif

F19514CB-9A97-4577-8027-11C25B74F43F.gif.7505862b3774f348cc95a31a55badf05.gif

4F88985D-9F10-4769-A61F-4DA74C37E484.gif.485ffd20f32d45bf6df97e596d5066b0.gif

I know it, you are so right!! I get so excited thinking about doing the pics all week! Then when I finally get the time to do it I go straight to the pics and am like ahhh yes that's done. Wait a minute.... No swag.

The funny thing is my wife helped me this time as she loves horror and monsters. I was like well we have to do these all over. She went upstairs and never came back down. 😂 

• Haha 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★

PDGG.gif

Thanks for the nice submission @CAYENNE-FAHRER 👍

award_received_predator_version_c.gif.94faac1fb473f971cbdf3cdc66273a23.gif

fe4f982fa97edb2bce956255b66f42d0.gif

It looks like this is going to get bloody @Mutantsmiley 😃, great selection.

Good question about Mars Attacks and They Live, I find Alien races that have only one goal and that is to eliminate the humans race very monstrous, but then I was wondering if that would basically classify most alien races as monsters. Then I though that maybe an Alien should not have a humanoid form to qualify as a Monster 🤔, that said, I'm still thinking about it. Maybe members have an opinion on this?

award_received_alien_version_e.gif.d5322d9a56ff5b73a03336189591c88d.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

PDGG.gif

Thanks for the nice submission @CAYENNE-FAHRER 👍

award_received_predator_version_c.gif.94faac1fb473f971cbdf3cdc66273a23.gif

fe4f982fa97edb2bce956255b66f42d0.gif

It looks like this is going to get bloody @Mutantsmiley 😃, great selection.

Good question about Mars Attacks and They Live, I find Alien races that have only one goal and that is to eliminate the humans race very monstrous, but then I was wondering if that would basically classify most alien races as monsters. Then I though that maybe an Alien should not have a humanoid form to qualify as a Monster 🤔, that said, I'm still thinking about it. Maybe members have an opinion on this?

award_received_alien_version_e.gif.d5322d9a56ff5b73a03336189591c88d.gif

🥤🤠 @extantsrevenge Nils for me “ALIEN(s)” are monsters in every form, take for example the Klingons

star trek generations GIF

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, Veum said:

🥤🤠 @extantsrevenge Nils for me “ALIEN(s)” are monsters in every form, take for example the Klingons

star trek generations GIF

😲 Klingons for example I would never consider as monsters, for me they are a regular alien race. I mean we have seen how they live, so nothing scary about them 😅. That is why I excluded Sci-Fi like Star Wars and Star Trek from the beginning. Thanks for mentioning this will help me finding an decision on this 👌

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

😲 Klingons for example I would never consider as monsters, for me they are a regular alien race. I mean we have seen how they live, so nothing scary about them 😅. That is why I excluded Sci-Fi like Star Wars and Star Trek from the beginning. Thanks for mentioning this will help me finding an decision on this 👌

Mad Come On GIF by UEFA

• Haha 4

• ★ Administrators ★

it's an interesting question.   What defines a monster - biology or psychology.  What a thing looks like, or what it does?

I think it should be the latter.   There are legions of humanoid or "man in suit" aliens and creatures that should be defined as monsters.

• Like 4