IGNORED

Goodfellas (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Digipak Collector's Edition) (The Film Vault #002) [UK]

R1s1ngs0n

• R1s1ngs0n changed the title to Goodfellas (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Digipak Collector's Edition) (The Film Vault #002) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]
  • R1s1ngs0n changed the title to Goodfellas (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Digipak Collector's Edition) (The Film Vault #002) [UK]

Sadly I'll be passing on this edition from The Vault... whilst I enjoy Matt Fergusons art and look forward to seeing a premium finish, I think the lack of respect shown to the character of Tony Montana is deplorable. Sorry Zavvi but you've dropped the 8-ball on this one. A Tony Montana Green Card is a must with this edition and you've failed to deliver. 

• ★ Administrators ★
4 hours ago, V303 said:

Sadly I'll be passing on this edition from The Vault... whilst I enjoy Matt Fergusons art and look forward to seeing a premium finish, I think the lack of respect shown to the character of Tony Montana is deplorable. Sorry Zavvi but you've dropped the 8-ball on this one. A Tony Montana Green Card is a must with this edition and you've failed to deliver. 

tony Montana was in Goodfellas?!?!?

Cracking Up Lol GIF

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Sure he was. Remember, at the beginning of the movie when he works at the food stand, he says to Manny “I’m gonna get the peppers, get the peppers” 

Exactly... can't believe you guys missed it! 

I also fondly remember his performance in Blade Runner too! The scene where his coke gets wet in the rain towards the end gets me every time 😪

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.... now say hello to my little friend!!!”

Screenshot_20221014-002214_Zavvi.jpg

Screenshot_20221014-002254_Zavvi.jpg

I absolutely love that artwork and think it’s the best among the 4 packages. BR is also very cool and original.

Scarface is a mixed bag for me - the illustration itself is wonderful but if you watch the accompanying clip closely, Tony doesn’t look very much like Al Pacino 😅

One thing that worries me a bit is the ToC-like acetate slipcover and the printed(?) logos on it.

Obviously, I would have loved seeing that artwork on a glossy steel (maybe in the future?!) but otherwise, it looks like a solid package for a film that has so far gotten no love in that department.

• Like 5

On 10/14/2022 at 6:15 PM, R1s1ngs0n said:

I absolutely love that artwork and think it’s the best among the 4 packages. BR is also very cool and original.

Scarface is a mixed bag for me - the illustration itself is wonderful but if you watch the accompanying clip closely, Tony doesn’t look very much like Al Pacino 😅

One thing that worries me a bit is the ToC-like acetate slipcover and the printed(?) logos on it.

Obviously, I would have loved seeing that artwork on a glossy steel (maybe in the future?!) but otherwise, it looks like a solid package for a film that has so far gotten no love in that department.

Agree will all this... 

Frustrating that they extract a Steel and increase Price £10 compared to other recent Slip releases (£40)..., must be much better profit margin on every department for Warner... 

p.s, not sure if mentioned, but also Vice Press selling poster + slip package bundles...,, but separate postage for both items, kicks price up a bit.... 

Edited by DarkCloud
More info

• 1 month later...