IGNORED

Training Day (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Collector's Edition Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

ShadowWarrior

21 hours ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

It was. I long for those days...

Preach! I'm slowly picking up the Disney steels from that bygone era of Zavvi, haven't had to resort to eBay or international yet with the used market here being a good (and cheap) provider so far :D

Don't think I have a Training Day steel though so this better be good!

• Like 1

Awards

3 hours ago, tr0llhatt said:

Preach! I'm slowly picking up the Disney steels from that bygone era of Zavvi, haven't had to resort to eBay or international yet with the used market here being a good (and cheap) provider so far :D

Don't think I have a Training Day steel though so this better be good!

I'm thankfully nearing the end of that pursuit myself though I can't join you in saying it has been cheap...

Happy Music Video GIF by DJ Mustard

But they are gems in my collection!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Premium steelbook

704805AE-9F15-4D88-A409-80F5977BF902.thumb.jpeg.1a463d262a17d2094264a636e7701251.jpeg

Premium Extras

• Exclusive Steelbook
  • Exclusive rigid slipcase
  • A3 Theatrical Poster
  • 4x Character Art Cards

Special Steelbook Finishes

• Overall matt
  • Spot gloss talent and title treatment (front) and police badge (reverse)

Standard Steelbook

30BC0F34-6D94-4953-A670-58E2A31E6266.thumb.jpeg.afb2154d4f119fb10d7857f5af9c670f.jpeg

• Overall matt
  • Spot gloss map markings and title treatment (front)
  • Debossed bullet holes (reverse)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ajames212 said:

It's funny you say that because I was thinking how I don't own any steels with bullet holes. Or maybe I should check. 😆

Ha!  You need one buddy, everyone has to have one!  

Yeah, there aren't actually that many, but, it seems gimmicky to me now after it was used once or twice.  Maybe "played out" isn't the right wording.

One release, I can't remember which (MAG?), has the bullet hole in an acrylic case IIRC.  That was pretty cool.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swish said:

Premium steelbook

704805AE-9F15-4D88-A409-80F5977BF902.thumb.jpeg.1a463d262a17d2094264a636e7701251.jpeg

Premium Extras

• Exclusive Steelbook
  • Exclusive rigid slipcase
  • A3 Theatrical Poster
  • 4x Character Art Cards

• Overall matt
  • Spot gloss talent and title treatment (front) and police badge (reverse)

Standard Steelbook

30BC0F34-6D94-4953-A670-58E2A31E6266.thumb.jpeg.afb2154d4f119fb10d7857f5af9c670f.jpeg

• Overall matt
  • Spot gloss map markings and title treatment (front)
  • Debossed bullet holes (reverse)

Yeah I’ll just be get the standard edition.

Not a fan of the whole floating head thing with the premium edition.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ajames212 said:

It's funny you say that because I was thinking how I don't own any steels with bullet holes. Or maybe I should check. 😆

12 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Ha!  You need one buddy, everyone has to have one!  

Yeah, there aren't actually that many, but, it seems gimmicky to me now after it was used once or twice.  Maybe "played out" isn't the right wording.

One release, I can't remember which (MAG?), has the bullet hole in an acrylic case IIRC.  That was pretty cool.

Yeah fellas I have the Zavvi Ambulance 4K steel with 2 bullet holes on the front! :)

Ambulance 4K (Blu-ray)

• Like 2

• ShadowWarrior changed the title to Training Day (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Collector's Edition Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]
15 hours ago, tr0llhatt said:

I don't really like any of these steels, but the standard steel should've been in the CE as it's the best one of the two despite the car taking 1/3 of the front 🤣

Completely agree. Glad I have the previous iteration for this as both of these are actually pretty lame IMO. Still needs a “proper” WEA release from some one like Nova or Manta… 🤞🏼 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Completely agree. Glad I have the previous iteration for this as both of these are actually pretty lame IMO. Still needs a “proper” WEA release from some one like Nova or Manta… 🤞🏼 

I'm a bit surprised at how polarizing these two releases seem to be.  Over on reddit a brawl has broken out.  

I think the slip is pretty good, myself.  Maybe just because it feels more design-y.  As I said above, the bullet holes on the steel feel lazy, like . . . we've got an image on the back that is boring, let's put bullet holes on it and save it.

I'm curious, for those of you who don't like the slip, why you don't like it?  You know me, I can be convinced I'm wrong.  

@tr0llhatt

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

I'm a bit surprised at how polarizing these two releases seem to be.  Over on reddit a brawl has broken out.  

I think the slip is pretty good, myself.  Maybe just because it feels more design-y.  As I said above, the bullet holes on the steel feel lazy, like . . . we've got an image on the back that is boring, let's put bullet holes on it and save it.

I'm curious, for those of you who don't like the slip, why you don't like it?  You know me, I can be convinced I'm wrong.  

@tr0llhatt

It honestly looks like something I could throw together on my iPad in terms of design, and I would expect more than that really. I would rather they used actual movie release artwork. The second I see the old city skyline in silhouette in a design I feel it is lazy. Just like the bullet marks, it’s so over done. Just my option of course 👍🏼  

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2023 at 2:22 PM, Pbsw23 said:

Think I have the old one...... somewhere, if not I'll have to "hunt" it down. And yes, Training Day could use the premium treatment 😎

On 1/8/2023 at 2:32 PM, BreakBeatDJ said:

I'm curious, for those of you who don't like the slip, why you don't like it?

I havent considered the slip much/at all, but it's floating heads spam and done in a pretty amateurish way. Seems like some mspaint.exe project I could've done ......almost :P

Edited by tr0llhatt
  • Like 1

Awards