IGNORED

Old Ladies

OLD LADIES, those old collector's editions, limited, or very very special; true gems out of reach of blockbusters and regular retailers.

Ā 

A few days ago Jean-Luc Godard died, and I put together all the editions that I have of his work. Seeing them together, I once again took in my hands some old editions -even on DVD- that today are almost impossible to buy; very careful and special editions that are part of my collection.

Ā 

This is a thread to share those "old ladies", out of the blockbusters, out of the current usual retailers; veteran very special -or unique- editions that, over the years,Ā they are still wonderful. Like an event.

Ā 

And as special as the first day.

• Like 2

Jean Luc Godard Ensayos (Jean-Luc Godard Essays)

Ā 

Marvellous collector's edition of Godard's audiovisual essays, and some experimental films, with a presentation by Alain Bergala for each of them; also including the great book ā€œJean-Luc Godard. Thinking between imagesā€, 512 pages, and which includes Godard's ideas throughout half a century of cinema, from 1960 to 2010, through an extensive and unpublished compilation of interviews, conversations, classes and other fragments.

Ā 

In the spoiler I include some photographs where you can read the original titles of the films included.

Ā 

E3.jpg

E4.jpg

Ā 

E13.jpg

Ā 

Spoiler

E5.jpg

Ā 

E5B.jpg

Ā 

E6.jpg

Ā 

E7.jpg

Ā 

E8.jpg

Ā 

E9.jpg%C3%A7

Ā 

E10.jpg

Ā 

E11.jpg

Ā 

E12.jpg

Ā 

E14.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

PS: This edition -like the three following about Godard films- was released by ā€œIntermedioā€, a Spanish retailer that for a decade and a half provided some of the best editions in the world in the field of auteur cinema, receiving international recognition for it, and some awards; offering the best image and sound quality available at the time, interesting additional content, and interesting texts to reflect on the films written by reputable critics.

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jean-Luc Godard Ficciones (Jean-Luc Godard Fictions)

Ā 

Collector's edition with some of Godard's Fiction films, including presentations by Alain Bergala for each of them.

Ā 

I include a photograph where you can read the original titles of the films included.

Ā 

F1.jpg

F2.jpg

Ā 

F4.jpg

Ā 

Spoiler

F3.jpg

Ā 

F5.jpg

Ā 

F6.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jean-Luc Godard y el Grupo Dziga Vertov (Jean-Luc Godard and the Dziga Vertov Group)

Ā 

This is a collector's edition that includes the films of Jean-Luc Godard in the Dziga Vertov Group, including a presentation for each film, and a 64-page book with texts by well-known critics linked to "Cahiers du Cinema - Spain" and by the Godard himself.

Ā 

In the spoiler I include a photograph of the back cover where you can read the original titles of the films included.

Ā 

DV1.jpg

Ā 

DV2.jpg

Ā 

DV16.jpg

Ā 

Spoiler

DV3.jpg

Ā 

DV4.jpg

Ā 

DV5.jpg

Ā 

DV6.jpg

Ā 

DV7.jpg

Ā 

DV9.jpg

Ā 

DV10.jpg

Ā 

DV11.jpg

Ā 

DV12.jpg

Ā 

DV13.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Histoire(s) du cinƩma

Ā 

Edition of ā€œHistoire(s) du cinĆ©maā€, by Jean-Luc Godard, including as additional content ā€œ50x2 years of French cinemaā€ (1995); a libretto with a dialogue between Jean-Luc Godard and Serge Daney; and other additional texts written by known critics about this work included in PDF format on one of the discs.

Ā 

HC1B.jpg

Ā 

HC2B.jpg

Ā 

HC3B.jpg

Ā 

Spoiler

HC4B.jpg

Ā 

HC5B.jpg

Ā 

HC6.jpg

Ā 

HC7.jpg

Ā 

HC8.jpg

Ā 

HC9.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Diario de una mujer casada (Diary of a married woman)

Ā 

In 1964 Macha MƩril played the lead role in "The Married Woman" (Une femme mariƩe), by Jean-Luc Godard. Given the extraordinary reception and controversy aroused by the film, which exposed for the first time in France taboo subjects for the time such as contraception, abortion or extramarital relations, the actress decided to compose a book based on the images and words of the film. The result was a peculiar re-assembly of the frames and dialogues, or, as she herself says in the epilogue, a kind of "paper copy, ripped from the same film".

Ā 

This collector's edition is a facsimile of the original book published in 1965, including here the DVD of the film, the exclusive presentation by Alain Bergala, and the trailer for the film that Jean-Luc Godard personally edited.

Ā 

MC1.jpg

MC3.jpg

MC4.jpg

Ā 

Spoiler

MC5.jpg

Ā 

MC6.jpg

Ā 

MC7.jpg

Ā