IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

7 hours ago, bungral said:

@Parzival so which do you prefer… transition or depth?

I have shared pics of both transition and depth

If done well, both are really cool.

But if I had to chose a preference, I would tilt towards depth 

I am a 3D psycho at heart (3D over 4k any day), and own a substantial 3D collection

Such a shame this format is not popular anymore (for home releases anyway)

That said, I am watching Jaws 3D tonight 🙂 (in the UK we are having all these retro releases in the cinema recently )

Hence for that reason, for me a nice lenti with real depth makes me do cart wheels  in my living room naked (the wife thinks I've gone mad) 😉

I was never a fan of FS (I used to infact sell them from my one clicks and I'd keep the single and double lentis)

All that changed when Weet came along and did all these Marvel releases 

Blew my mind, never thought Full slips could look so damm sexy

They took FS to a whole new level (no one does it like them). Unmatched!

So now I've started hanging on to FS too, mostly the Weet ones (but definitely made me appreciate them much more)..

Lentis still KING though!

The pleasure a great lenti edition gives is immeasurable 

Edited by Parzival
  • Like 9

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

@bungral somehow I can't watch your videos (tried two browsers), but thankfully I know most of them, some great choices.

That’s strange.  Took them on my phone and uploaded straight to the site.  They play on safari on my iPhone no issue.

Anyone else able to watch my vids on the previous page or are they busted for all?

Edited by bungral
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, bungral said:

That’s strange.  Took them on my phone and uploaded straight to the site.  They play on safari on my iPhone no issue.

Anyone else able to watch my vids on the previous page or are they busted for all?

@bungral I can barely see them on my iPad because they are way too BRIGHT! 😉

• Like 3

I haven't historically been much of a fan of lenticular, but several of these are changing my mind! That recent Manta Lab Matrix Resurrections lenticular has me reconsidering as well. 

As such, this is the only lenticular ANYTHING that I own. It's probably too mainstream for this challenge but I'm sharing it anyway. It's got a subtle depth effect that I appreciate, and I love the minimalism of this release. 

IMG_1778.jpg

• Like 28

This might be my first-ever forum post, but seemed like a fun challenge, so I’ll play.  I must admit, never been a big fan of lenticulars.  I prefer the full slips but will opt for the lentis if I like the artwork better.  When it comes to depth vs transition, I say take the gimmick and run with it and do a clever transition.  I’ve only got a few (The Hobbit Trilogy 3D, Coraline 3D and not pictured cuz they are in Canada where I live and I’m currently visiting the folks back in the states - the ET 35th Anniversary 4K box and the Jaws 45th Anniversary 4K). I’d say ET makes best use of lenticular and of the ones I have here, the Coraline one has the best depth and some attempt at transition with the gnarled branch reaching down to snatch the unsuspecting Coraline.  The Hobbits I never watch haha, but I think the rigid box with the recessed lenticular window is a cool idea.

BE0159F5-E2CF-4EE4-A87D-B0265EBF9D30.gif

81AF3CF0-6953-4370-86A8-8391248B79A4.gif

97ACCDB7-8E4F-4A97-96A9-1FE443C8B45A.gif

191BA267-C829-4FC8-A2EB-79C7BEC9B1B3.gif

• Like 31

Then I would also like to present my favourites. I also prefer Transition Lentis, I wish there were many more of them. It was hard for me to choose, there were a few other candidates. I chose Joker U'maina for first place, because it is simply a great and clear transition lenti, followed by the brilliant Captain Marvel Single Lenti from Fanatic Selection and the beautiful Apocalypto Novamedia Lenti. Another bonus place goes to the LaLa Land Lenti from then FNC Add Culture ( now SM Life). This is not a transition lenti, a normal lenti, but with beautiful colours and great depth, I love it !!!!

IMG_20220916_212300.jpg

• Like 33

I'm more of a full slip than a lenticular, so I don't have a clear preference between transition or depth.

I guess my best lenticular edition might be the Blade Runner Manta Lab DL, but I can't show it since it's still inside the OC.

Other very good ones would be the last DL Batman v Superman HDZeta, or the DL TDK Blufans, but they have already been shown several times, like some other editions.

So I have decided to go with three editions that share something in common and I love it, the tonality of colors.😍

They may not be the best lentis (I would say that WW DL Blufans is the best without a doubt, followed by WW DL Manta Lab and Logan SL Kimchi) but being one of my favorite movies along with the color theme, I had to have them.

In addition, the WW have a special affection since they are thanks to MP, Blufans being my first GB to be completed.😊

I hope Nils doesn't scold me too much, I promise to stick to what I've proposed from now on and I'm sorry I don't show more and better photos, I don't have much time lately.

20220916_184149.jpg

20220916_184237.jpg

• Like 29

I am not committed to fullslip or lenti, depth effect or transition. I just have to like the overall package. And the film, of course...😃

I hope I still found editions that weren't already shown by some others and that it works out here with the videos now....

For Transition Lentis, I like IT from Black Barons. I think it's well done, how not only the face disappears behind the balloon, but Pennywise can be seen in the balloon. Great!

And for Depth Effects, I really like Inception by HDzeta and Black Panther by WeET. Simply because I find that depth and image sharpness work and are implemented really well here.

• Like 24

• ★ Administrators ★

minion-surprise.gif

What a terrific post @raylight. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

@coupelle

Happy I Am Groot GIF by Disney+

@hansdermeister I really like that you posted even when you only own 1 lenticular and it is nice to hear you saw a few lenti you liked and maybe add to your collection. I think another goal of this challenge is that people can discover items they have not seen/heard of before. Especially since we live in a time where there is always the next thing coming it is kinda sad to only focus on the new. So to see older releases here is awesome.

Awesome @Radzio 😃

@jgbradbury thanks for accepting the challenge, it is very great for us to see more new members also taking part in this. Those are nice editions you showed.

@Sephiroth damn that Captain Marvel Lenti is cool, I completely forgot about that one, since my OC is sealed 😅, when this came out I even thought about getting an extra lenti and I think I bid on some but never won, and then it completely slipped my mind. I love your vids, like @Trianna with card and you even have our MP gloves on.

@Noir21 no scolding from me, your post is perfectly great for this challenge. And that Blufans WW DL is a stunner 😍.

4 Psychos posted that they would have a challenge for next week @R1s1ngs0n @InfiniteDoors @Gary K and @GuyIncognit0. I decided it will be most fair to use the List Randomizer from random.org to pick the member for next week.

giphy.gif

The Psycho Challenge next week will come from this guy 😵

5rdgyq.gif

@R1s1ngs0n, that can only mean it will be psychotic.

are_you_psycho_enough_gleaming_metal_gold.gif.b141f0c799a07acd797b780f2b2bd74a.gif

The current challenge is still running today and tomorrow, so I hope to see some more posts 😊. Tagging a few that come to mind @Fortis93 @GANTZ @Catgirl @ukade2327 @ksosk @bilbon @Hollywood E Rock @Cornbuster . Everyone else is also welcome to participate.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

@extantsrevenge You are a great master of ceremonies !! Congratulations 

Concert Vienna GIF by GREAT PERFORMANCES | PBS

The truth is that it is a pleasure to read this post, to know and share this hobby that we all love. Thank you all!

Thank You So Much GIF by Johnny Climax

On the other hand @extantsrevenge it seems that you have most of the OCs closed, if you need help just ask me. I know it's hard and difficult work but I'm an accredited expert, when I have finished you'll never see any annoying plastic wrap in your collection again. You can thank my work with some OC...........please preferably sealed.

Car Ok GIF

• Haha 14

Awards

So, ladies and gents. attached three of my favourite motives.

Just like Lindy, I like Fullslips more than lentis - but ther are some motives, which are really good.

Neverless - doesn't matter - I have both.

because OCs are in the house...

Pope.gif.254db25c6354a8627d1be934bc181e0e.gif

Some favourites...

Hell Or High Water, Kimchi

Lenti_HHW.thumb.jpg.4c0ef74d60c2866227b25f0c6eaba714.jpg

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Kimchi as well

Lenti_SPM_2.thumb.jpg.963a24cce9df648542ac9e6066aa2da3.jpg

Lenti_SPM_1.thumb.jpg.859246816d1b8fad9f614f9ad7c69fc2.jpg

Kill Bill V2, Nova (btw - with wonderful Oneclicks!)

Lenti_KB.thumb.jpg.8d41d7c701dcd8ae4973fc20ee342725.jpg

• Like 26

• ★ Administrators ★
3 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

minion-surprise.gif

What a terrific post @raylight. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

@coupelle

Happy I Am Groot GIF by Disney+

@hansdermeister I really like that you posted even when you only own 1 lenticular and it is nice to hear you saw a few lenti you liked and maybe add to your collection. I think another goal of this challenge is that people can discover items they have not seen/heard of before. Especially since we live in a time where there is always the next thing coming it is kinda sad to only focus on the new. So to see older releases here is awesome.

Awesome @Radzio 😃

@jgbradbury thanks for accepting the challenge, it is very great for us to see more new members also taking part in this. Those are nice editions you showed.

@Sephiroth damn that Captain Marvel Lenti is cool, I completely forgot about that one, since my OC is sealed 😅, when this came out I even thought about getting an extra lenti and I think I bid on some but never won, and then it completely slipped my mind. I love your vids, like @Trianna with card and you even have our MP gloves on.

@Noir21 no scolding from me, your post is perfectly great for this challenge. And that Blufans WW DL is a stunner 😍.

4 Psychos posted that they would have a challenge for next week @R1s1ngs0n @InfiniteDoors @Gary K and @GuyIncognit0. I decided it will be most fair to use the List Randomizer from random.org to pick the member for next week.

giphy.gif

5rdgyq.gif

are_you_psycho_enough_gleaming_metal_gold.gif.b141f0c799a07acd797b780f2b2bd74a.gif

The current challenge is still running today and tomorrow, so I hope to see some more posts 😊. Tagging a few that come to mind @Fortis93 @GANTZ @Catgirl @ukade2327 @ksosk @bilbon @Hollywood E Rock @Cornbuster . Everyone else is also welcome to participate.

Thanks so much for organizing this @extantsrevenge! It’s even more fun than I expected.  I love having a “structured” way to show parts of our collection and get to know more about members, their tastes and personalities.   Well done, sir.  

Well Done Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

i usually prefer fullslips but some lenticulars are great. i prefer lenti with transition as from my point of view these can "tell the story" much better. i will use some examples from the  previous posts - bruce wayne transforms into batman, clark kent into superman, similar effect with terminator, ready player one, joker or eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. all of these (and a lot of other) can show what the movie is about, what happens there. and that is fantastic, i think, to express this with 2 pictures. 

my personal pick-ups from my collection: 

1) the incredibles - how the normal family changes to the superhero family, great effect with direct connection to the film plot.

2) spotlight - main title + main actors change into the newspaper article. wow!! i love that movie!

3) a most wanted man - this one is minimalistic as it changes only small pictures on the right. these dont tell story by themselves but show some scenes/characters from this great and underestimated film. 

the incredibles 2.jpg

spotlight.jpg

a most wanted man.jpg

• Like 23

8 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

giphy.gif

5rdgyq.gif

You did good, squirrel.

el-lleve-shake-hands.gif

• Haha 13

...I'm a fan of both... 😀 Full-Slip & Lenti-Slip... 👌👍

A hell of a lot of cool examples have already been mentioned and shown here... 🤩👌👍

...there are many beautiful ones Lenti's... with some I just like the Lenti itself and at others, the effect is just awesome... 🤩👌👍

...my favorites, from my collection...

1. Gladiator HDZeta 4K Lenti-Slip... I like the white very much it is crystal clear... 👌👍

image.thumb.jpeg.2b14731df4621d338f64d735a9e83a4a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d31f7e0721b519860a2da4bf1d91056c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4592352cd805f925f7d4b5e2d84e0ddd.jpeg

2. The German Predator 3D Lenti-Steel... I just love the effect... 🤩👌👍

image.jpeg.3b40f82bd6bc96429cbaeef64966c7e6.jpeg

image.jpeg.1fa3cf9d191b985782271307f5d96e9b.jpeg

image.jpeg.6e4c1cdc5ce18c911f3a42d4c9722dab.jpeg

image.jpeg.02bc86ee3c31f742b69a93d4522b0583.jpeg

image.jpeg.ea4dc98921a5a7697cacdb46f1312321.jpeg

image.jpeg.f6d72211f90355fddcdc4d13190beaee.jpeg

image.jpeg.cb3641ed8410e52c612456da6d1c55b1.jpeg

image.jpeg.c47e0fc7ba0fb7927a6cacb3ab71e1cd.jpeg

image.jpeg.53054b04886b272d74017be6a6b42a91.jpeg

image.jpeg.bab013966bca39d53e30aa4935b20aaa.jpeg

image.jpeg.450ed6b0f1fb9158c38cd5e435515a2d.jpeg

image.jpeg.d893b15adec520320923c65d67af8f55.jpeg

3. FAC LOVE, ROSIE... Lenticular Magnet EDITION WEA Steelbook... I just love the effect... 🤩👌👍

image.jpeg.4f598e000ebd1726d0252490e1b15db2.jpeg

image.jpeg.485e86d90050af8f0a8e5a2a4556a9a7.jpeg

image.jpeg.a8c28df42ceeca9b79f364f763458ff3.jpeg

image.jpeg.a20e401cbe10acc70998e3f2ca9a196d.jpeg

image.jpeg.ee245bc83375eef3f4a0d5c7ae6c4db7.jpeg

image.jpeg.174e827113dd7d683005d33c3b792343.jpeg

image.jpeg.e8ad0a8ebae4a019d8b5175399975656.jpeg

image.jpeg.57d874051dab56116ba053dd0a7c2b8e.jpeg

...Absolutely great live... 👌

(Marvel & DC), left it out now because there are also some nice things... 😉

...the, The Hateful Eight (Kimchidvd Exclusive #042) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Korea] Lenticular is also absolute fantastic... I just love the effect... 🤩👌👍

3.jpg.3590fc92da772bdaf362f0bab95a92f9.jpg

...there are so many beautiful ones... 😄

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

I work as a pharmacist at a hospital, on on opposite shift of my wife, currently, so haven't had lots of time to be active, and for that, I apologize to this awesome community. I'm also older, so I'm not the greatest with technology and forums, but I saw this challenge and had to add my submissions! I also have misplaced my membership card, as soon as I find it it will be included with future submissions in this challenge. That being said, my favorite is: 

2972689D-FA40-426B-B285-BF1F7D84C053.thumb.jpeg.4a37399364f84fb33769540867d72b6b.jpeg

300! Most of my premiums are one clicks, and I leave most of my collection sealed, but I do have some lentis, like:

C67ABCFF-EB7A-4C11-B8C5-521ED0DADAF7.thumb.jpeg.a2704878da1e226b8e2c26b2aab877c3.jpeg

E29DFB8A-F4C7-4E3A-A320-6A35D37E000E.thumb.jpeg.3dd013f4732254a67c01456d23118d3b.jpeg

My Edge of Tomorrow double lenti, which I love! And:

3DA20650-EDC1-4CDF-9AEC-893ADF712F6B.thumb.jpeg.44f6bff503c67ec1b6d46a29610af300.jpeg

Logan, another of my favorite movies! Finally, I love:

4133CF4B-45BF-40F0-8601-CEDCE3DFF188.thumb.jpeg.68a398fb89718ddbd1789cf3a599ff8a.jpeg

Interstellar! These are all depth lentis, so I guess I like them more; these are all beautiful! Thanks for looking!

• Like 25