IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

Challenge #26

thank you @Mrdugan for this challenge, I love women so much so I will give my entry here

Wonder Woman 1984

Matrix Resurrections

Maleficent

Captain Marvel

Black Widow

my favorite actress if I have to choose would be Gal Gadot, I like her acting  actress and I can't wait to see her next film on Cleopatra, there is material to tell a great story

20230327_161426.jpg

• Like 20

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Week 27!

Vigilantism

IMG_20230327_154327.thumb.jpg.ffdb08c0b4176ce2879189f2a9dd67d6.jpg

• "Baader Meinhof Complex" - Red Army Faction (Vigilante's the nicest word I'd use for them)

• "La Haine" - Gang Going After a Cop (I guess that's revenge, but THE SYSTEM, MAN!)

• "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" - Lisbeth Salander

• "Watchmen" - Rorschach

• "Prisoners" - Keller Dover

Vendetta! (Speaking of vigilantes, I don't have "V for Vendetta")

IMG_20230327_154647.thumb.jpg.60a708754c40e46a1c56bd07a23ea7bb.jpg

• My "Amleth Trilogy"

• "The Northman" (Just got it!) - Amleth vs. Fjölnir

• "Hamlet" - Hamlet vs. Claudius

• "Haider" - Haider Meer vs. Claudius

• "Gangs of New York" - Amsterdam Vallon vs. Bill the Butcher

• "Inglourious Basterds" (Because I'm apparently obligated to mention the movie) - Shosanna Dreyfus vs. Hans Landa

• "True Grit" - Mattie Ross vs. Tom Chaney

Of that lineup, my favorite vigilante rewatch is "Watchmen", and the revenge rewatch is "True Grit". ...Well, it looks like it's technically Amleth/Hamlet, but you know.

Edited by camwjohn95
  • Like 20

Awards

Thank you @Veum for week 27 challenge - “vigilante or Revenge” 

My favorites in this genre are probably Hang ‘em High or Kill Bill but I figured I would post some other vigilante movies:

I Spit on Your Grave

Thriller (whose main character is said to be the basis for Daryl Hannah’s character in Kill Bill)

Irreversible

The Farmer

Rolling Thunder

AB1466ED-4EC5-439B-A9A4-FEE5C7317AA3.thumb.jpeg.ab4d15dd8797912f80391d0193b0e773.jpeg

• Like 22

Thanks for the challenge @Veum and thanks for the thread @extantsrevenge

Challenge #27

CHALLENGE 27 “VIGILANTE or REVENGE”  🩸 ⚔️🔫 🔨 🤲 🪓

My five movies aren’t necessarily my favorite movies, but they represent my favorite from a genre or archetype.

1.  The Dark Knight - The King of the vigilantes in his best movie. Is there any better vigilante than Batman?

46206C64-BB31-485A-AA71-809660AC8B67.thumb.jpeg.a89056b827ef6fad7c06f22cd172b399.jpeg

2. Predestination - I hate to give this away, because most of you have not seen this, but in this time traveling paradox, the criminal vigilante is hunted by a most curious antagonist.

3DCBF91B-2C46-4C3E-AADC-14CE0CC04318.thumb.jpeg.a3f1e84d829b821ce40a06192e18e783.jpeg

3. Memento - the script of this is the best of the bunch and Oscar-worthy.  Leonard will find his killer, and he’ll learn that Sammy Kanjis’ lesson is not what he’d been telling others.

25DEFD09-AA21-4A0A-B314-B648C86EB712.thumb.jpeg.93dfedd2bc6d09414634693b1b4cadf5.jpeg

4.  Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri - My favorite vigilante of the bunch doesn’t necessarily hunt her daughter’s killer, but she will break the law to force the police to act faster and better.

48FD176A-9D0A-4ADF-A313-2ABD9314D94F.thumb.jpeg.e71b2ea4650572e56837cc446fff572a.jpeg

5. Sucker Punch - though the vigilates live in a fantasy world, I can’t help but be sympathetic to both their imagined world and their real one.B9E9D214-24D6-475E-AE2C-9F9006876D84.thumb.jpeg.f4f227bcd70cca501707edfa5d33583f.jpeg

My favorite vigilante of all time is John McLane.

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Edited by Steelbook Indy
  • Like 15

• ★ Administrators ★

giphy.gif

Come on Psychos, some more activity here please. So few new posts in the last few days.

Thank you @Blu Magic Ray I really enjoy your pictures with the 4K & BD in Slips 🙏

@bilbon you-are-late-late.gif on that challenge 😲. Please keep an eye on which challenge is running.

Nice @camwjohn95 @Catgirl @Mrdugan @Steelbook Indy

Our next challenge will come from @hal56 I wonder what tasty idea he had

giphy.gif

could it be something that makes you question his sanity

ben-affleck-gigli.gif

I mean @R1s1ngs0n reaction was

d8facdn-10afd261-cd4c-4174-8979-3250dbb0

I can promise you it will be controversial

giphy.gif

Be sure to check back later 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

thank you @Veum and @extantsrevenge for CHALLENGE 27 “VIGILANTE or REVENGE”  🩸 ⚔️🔫 🔨 🤲 🪓

I like this challenge, there are a lot of favorites of mine that would fall under that range of categories. 

1) Cyborg

2) I Saw the Devil

3) Nobody

4) the Revenant

5) the Sting

IMG-945812915.thumb.jpg.183f01e7e729c1c29ec1766f95fae7a3.jpg

There are many more that I could rewatch countless times.

-the Dark Knight Trilogy

-Kill Bill

-Upgrade

-Death Wish

-the Crow (watched this in a Drive-In back in 94)

But my absolute favorite revenge movie is I Saw the Devil, I have posted this film for other challenges too. It's one of my top 10 of all time. 

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, guri008 said:

challenge 27 - 

gladiator - 

braveheart -

revenant -

aken - 

sorry for the previous comment that i clicked while working on it by mistake 😕 sorry

challenge 27 - vigilante / revenge. thank you @Veum 

kill bill - this is the first movie that comes to my mind when it comes to the revenge and probably my most favourite in this sub-genre

braveheart - mel gibson was also waiting for his revenge while he was fighting for scotland

gladiator - similar to the previous one - russel crowe was fighting to get his revenge

revenant - obvious revenge to the one who left him (almost) deadly injured

taken - saving her daughter

IMG20230402105306.jpg

• Like 14

Hey guys,

since the Academy Awards are still fresh in our memory, I thought it would be fun to have a 

challenge in stark contrast to them.

So without further ado and to the absolute dismay of @R1s1ngs0n, I present:

CHALLENGE #28: BEST OF THE WORST:

Show us 5 movies who either won a Golden Rasperry Award  for Worst Picture or Worst Actress/Actor and - in addition to these five - choose one movie you think is the most unfair winner of Worst Picture of the Year.

Any format is allowed.

It´s time to go through the lowest depths of your collection and dig out the campy, the infamous and the really bad.

Show us what you got

Elizabeth berkley GIF - Auf GIFER finden

I will stick with Worst Picture Winners, so here we go:

1990: The Adventures of Ford Fairlane:

image.thumb.jpeg.9971d6f220985bf566f947cd476b80ce.jpeg

Always liked this one: Andrew Dice Clay at the top of his game and Ed O´Neill giving an incredibly funny performance as the dim cop still holding on to his bands only hit „Booty Time“. Great R-rated comedy stuff, unthinkable to be greenlighted in these oversensitive times.

1991: Hudson Hawk:

image.thumb.jpeg.d634058543e75ed9984dadf417686985.jpeg

Clearly the audience didnt know what to make of this one. Definitely a Love or Hate it movie. I find it an immensely entertaining slapstick/acktion/adventure/comedy-ride with Willis in Moonlightning mode and a great cast with Sandra Bernhard and Richard E Grant shining, playing a most eccentric couple.

1995: Showgirls:

image.thumb.jpeg.f004519d309d51ed313d90c024ae5c02.jpeg

Yes, the movie is bad. It s not really erotic, suspenseful, featuring a good storyline or capable acting. It falls flat in all these categories but I does so in the most entertaining way. A classic.

1996: Striptease:

image.thumb.jpeg.32aeba8d0f08940f08a2d9c22865682d.jpeg

A deserving winner with an awful lead performance by Moore but this one has to been seen for the absolutely hilarious performances of Burt Reynolds as sleazy congressman Dilbeck and Robert Patrick as small time crook, stealing wheelchairs from hospitals.

2000: Battlefield Earth:

image.thumb.jpeg.22e08a02e621cb4e34803357b9a2beea.jpeg

Battlefield Earth is definitely in the so bad its good category: it is an art in itself, to waste a good book and excellent cast as effectively as here and its also fun to witness the hilarious overacting of Travolta as the villain. A glorious failure.

The one movie most undeserving receiving Worst Picture for me is

Rambo: First Blood Part II:

image.thumb.jpeg.79bd2e2697265b6123ee33b37206f6ec.jpeg

Sure, its not the best Rambo movie (nothing tops First Blood) but its a Top Action movie, expertly made and with a hero that became an Icon.

An unmissable american classic.

The Jury was way off here and this is further proofed by the other Worst Picture Nominees in 1985, including Rocky IV and Michael Ciminos Year of the Dragon (wtf?!!).

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Thank you @hal56 for this most difficult challenge 😲.

I actually don't own many of the movies that had the questionable honor of winning the Golden Rasperry Award for Worst Picture or Worst Actress/Actor. When I looked at the winner lists I was surprised which of the movies I have did win one of these awards, since it is not many I assembled all of them.

- Brand new worst actor from this year Jared Leto for Morbius, I kinda get that prize, the Movie was bad and the performance also not good.

- The only Movie I own with a worst actress win is Snow White and the Huntsman - Kristen Stewart, I guess the studio felt the same way and did not add her to the Steelbook because of that 🤣

- Worst Actor Kevin Costner for Robin Hood, looks like the Razzi hate Kevin Costner, I don't get this award.

- Fantastic Four Worst Movie, I only own this one as part of my complete Filmarena collection, I don't have a copy to watch this shit and I get why it got the award (even when it had to share with Fifty Shades of Grey), both unwatchable trash.

- Star Trek 5 got worst Movie and worst actor 🤬, even when this is the weakest Star Trek moie it is still better than most stuff being made, so getting such an award is not okay.

- Transformers Revenge of the Fallen got worst Picture, I guess they need to award more well know movies instead of the real bad stuff that is getting made.

My "Most Unfair Worst Picture Winner" is Rambo 2, honestly when I saw that, the Golden Rasperry Awards lost all credibility for me. Stallone was also awarded worst actor for Rambo and Rocky in that year. Oh I forgot to include Rambo 3 in my picture he also won worst actor for that. Rambo 2 is a Cult Classic and a damn good action movie and one of the best movies of the year.

Challenge28.thumb.JPG.dea01ed0598d6cb56b49a2455954d020.JPG

• Like 15

vor 5 Minuten schrieb extantsrevenge:

Thank you @hal56 for this most difficult challenge 😲.

I actually don't own many of the movies that had the questionable honor of winning the Golden Rasperry Award for Worst Picture or Worst Actress/Actor. When I looked at the winner lists I was surprised which of the movies I have did win one of these awards, since it is not many I assembled all of them.

- Brand new worst actor from this year Jared Leto for Morbius, I kinda get that prize, the Movie was bad and the performance also not good.

- The only Movie I own with a worst actress win is Snow White and the Huntsman - Kristen Stewart, I guess the studio felt the same way and did not add her to the Steelbook because of that 🤣

- Worst Actor Kevin Costner for Robin Hood, looks like the Razzi hate Kevin Costner, I don't get this award.

- Fantastic Four Worst Movie, I only own this one as part of my complete Filmarena collection, I don't have a copy to watch this stop using inappropriate language and I get why it got the award (even when it had to share with Fifty Shades of Grey), both unwatchable trash.

- Star Trek 5 got worst Movie and worst actor 🤬, even when this is the weakest Star Trek moie it is still better than most stuff being made, so getting such an award is not okay.

- Transformers Revenge of the Fallen got worst Picture, I guess they need to award more well know movies instead of the real bad stuff that is getting made.

My "Most Unfair Worst Picture Winner" is Rambo 2, honestly when I saw that, the Golden Rasperry Awards lost all credibility for me. Stallone was also awarded worst actor for Rambo and Rocky in that year. Oh I forgot to include Rambo 3 in my picture he also won worst actor for that. Rambo 2 is a Cult Classic and a damn good action movie and one of the best movies of the year.

Challenge28.thumb.JPG.dea01ed0598d6cb56b49a2455954d020.JPG

Thanks for your contribution, Nils.

And - like you said - even if it may look difficult at first glimpse to meet the challenge, when looking up the award history, its astounding how many good movies have received it.

• Like 6

• ★ Administrators ★

😲 @hal56 I have not even seen The Adventures of Ford Fairlane, Striptease or Battlefield Earth and you own copies 😲

sacha-baron-cohen-respect.gif

1 minute ago, hal56 said:

Thanks for your contribution, Nils.

And - like you said - even if it may look difficult at first glimpse to meet the challenge, when looking up the award history, its astounding how many good movies have received it.

Yes, it is very surprising. I also looked at the supporting actor and actress lists and it would have added several more movies

15e64acb00519dbda900b36cca1df053.gif

Also, I wonder why Batman & Robin was not even nominated for Worst Picture, but at least she won 😆

tumblr_op9hqdyWe61rrkahjo2_540.gif

• Like 6