IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

30 minutes ago, DParadigm said:

My personal favorite lenticular.

Great movies, Great arts and sharp Lenticular. Everything is perfect.

I prefer Depth lenticular over transitional. I am often quite bothered by blurry images in transitional Lenti and hard to focus to get one clear image off the transitions.734FAF14-3A87-4F10-BF78-104F0821CB31.thumb.jpeg.dbe6e5c4639494c9ad8fa54b29abdc6c.jpeg

Great pics there @DParadigm

I have the OC of Spider-Man Homecoming (but have not opened it as of yet) question, is that Lenti in the OC? 🤔 

Also love that Blu-fans Ant-Man, I could only find one in fleabay 🇺🇸 but they want an outrageous price from Japan $200 😳 

Antman Blufans Blu-ray Steelbook, lenticular slip, Flawless Mint, New/Sealed

Hover to zoom

Antman Blufans Blu-ray Steelbook, lenticular slip, Flawless Mint, New/S

Edited by Veum
  • Like 9

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Veum said:

Great pics there @DParadigm

I have the OC of Spider-Man Homecoming (but have not opened it as of yet) question, is that Lenti in the OC? 🤔 

Also love that Blu-fans Ant-Man, I could only find one in fleabay 🇺🇸 but they want an outrageous price from Japan $200 😳 

Antman Blufans Blu-ray Steelbook, lenticular slip, Flawless Mint, New/Sealed

Hover to zoom

Antman Blufans Blu-ray Steelbook, lenticular slip, Flawless Mint, New/S

Spider-Man Homecoming is OAB edition. Not from OC. I believe Blufans made 300 copies of 4K and 300 copies of 3D back in 2017 (or 2018 I can't remember).

Not sure about shipping on Ant-Man from Japan, but I have seen as high as $275 at some point. (So $200 is a bargain? LMAO)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fun challenge, @extantsrevenge! Here’s my entry, and they’re all BluFans. The Dark Knight just came out and was my intro to BluFans, and I am blown away by the depth and quality of this lenti. It’s so crisp and clear! I’ve kinda-sorta fallen away from lentis as I get older (not that I have all that many to begin with…) as they sometimes make me question if my eyesight is really that bad and/or getting worse! 😂 

4A5800ED-ECEE-4740-A4C3-14D21BDA10D4.thumb.jpeg.881fd3da23b1e28ad685b68871819ce3.jpeg

But it was because of the quality of TDK that made me spring for The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man when I saw a pretty fair deal on second-hand copies. I think I prefer a transitional lenti, but honestly I’m not too impressed with this Iron Man edition, which strikes me as being a bit too dark. But it was easily accessible on the shelf, alongside Hulk. I actually prefer to HDZeta Batman vs Superman that released a month or two back, but that one’s higher up on the shelf and in a OC box I sprung for, which is in a protective case, and I’m just too lazy right now to get it out. I just finished building a loft bed as a birthday present for my soon-to-be 7yo and am tired! This will just have to do for now! 😂😂😂

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

On 9/14/2022 at 11:37 AM, damships said:

I only started collecting premiums early this year. 😅 BUT, I have some that I’m quite fond of, especially when it comes to lenticular depth and transition.

For depth, quality and overall clarity, I have to go with the Manta Lab Tenet Single Lenticular Slip. It’s the cleanest lenticular I’ve seen in-person, and I love the depth with the title and explosion in the background.

For transition, I have to go with the HDZETA The Dark Knight Double Lenticular Slip. The back-side has an incredible transition between Batman/Joker and Batman/Joker covered in Joker vandalism (HAHA, “To Them You’re Just A Freak Like Me”, the Smiley over Batman’s face). This was the edition that got me into collecting! I saw it in a YouTube video and was like “Whoa…how come I don’t have that?!”. 

765A9A9A-B719-41DF-825D-954140066CB9.jpeg

856DCA25-D7EE-4B2F-9B17-0823CD8C35B3.jpeg

C3E233F6-E015-4AA2-8DDF-82EFA0CB7272.jpeg

Holy crap, that TDK is amazing! Love the big eyes over Batman! 🤣

• Like 5

Wow, there have been some great submissions so far.

In theory, I prefer transitional lenticulars. The only problem is that I'm VERY picky with them and don't like to see any of the previous image while looking at another one. The HDZ Terminator is one of my favorite lentis because it successfully pulls off the effect. I see that someone else has already posted it so I'll move on to some others 😁

So until the tech improves a bit (or until retailers better understand how to successfully pull off transitional lentis), I prefer lentis with depth. My favorite is admittedly a sentimental pick. The Blufans Into the Spiderverse DL was one of my first premiums and is still one of my favorite slips. I absolutely adore this film and love how the slip really pulls you into the scene. The title really messes with my eyes because it looks like my thumb is behind it as I hold it. On the reverse side, Miles looks like he is about to kick you in the face. I love it.

NHhrJXg.jpg

ZFiqo1T.jpg

I also really like the HDZ WW DL, the Blufans GotG Root & Rocket slip, and FAC Top Gun as examples of other "Depth"lentis in my collection. The WW DL is probably my favorite of these three but it's a pain to get it out of the OC so I'll just show the other two here. I'm particularly impressed with Top Gun as it's one of the clearer lentis I have and I just can't believe it came from FAC, lol. 

OKiMCJT.jpg

uIMGHKF.jpg

Thanks for putting this together, Nils. Oh, and I have an idea for next week 😉

• Like 29

I don’t really have a favourite out of transition or depth.  Like them both when done really well so I’ll just post one of my favourites of each and a couple extra that I like.  For the purposes of finding a winner, I’ll side with transition.

T2 Nova is probably my favourite transition.  Notable mentions for The Terminator HDZeta and Ready Player One with this one being a Target o-ring amaray slip.

For depth I really like John Wick Nova original o-ring slips with 2 edging it for me.  Inception Manta or HDZeta and I’ll throw in IT Cinemuseum as I like the depth through the image.  It doesn’t really move so doesn’t capture well on camera.  Blufans TDK is class too.

• Like 16

Being Team Full Slip, I don't collect lenticulars as religiously as some, so the options are a little more limited. I prefer (as evidenced by my favorites below) a depth lenticular to a transitional.

I think I'm going to end up joining @cypheria078's hype train. I'm rather fond of my HDzeta Tomb Raider. Love the colors, love how sharp it is, and love Alicia Vikander. So, in summary, win-win-win. 😄

I also have a special place in my heart for my Novamedia Dredd. We'll call that one the runner-up. 

cyF5nim.jpg

• Like 26

• ★ Administrators ★
27 minutes ago, Parzival said:

Without question by favourite film and one of my most loved lentis 

The Hdz DL

Amazing imagery and depth both front and back 

I can almost see Rachel's cigarette smoke twirling 

@deckard99 what do you think of the Blade Runner edition?

20220916_011808.jpg

20220916_011815.jpg

It's a spectacular edition and lenti. One of my favorites! 

• Like 6

• ★ Administrators ★

Cool to see more and more Psychos sharing their favorites with us ☺️. I hope future challenges will prove to be as successful as this one 👍

Nice selection @Blu Magic Ray and you too @DParadigm the depth team is gaining ground.

Thanks for posting @MikeH5856 even when you're tired 😅

RgXW.gif

@GuyIncognit0 thanks for sharing. I think we're at 4 members now that wrote they have a challenge, now I have to figure out who to choose 😵, I'm so intrigued what the challenges are 👍

@bungral somehow I can't watch your videos (tried two browsers), but thankfully I know most of them, some great choices.

@antiapathetic that The Incredibles Lenti is awesome, I was very impressed when I got that myself. I actually have the OC from our GB.

@CryoSteel #teamalicia

RemoteOrneryHind-size_restricted.gif

glad to see I'm not the only admirer of her 😁

@Parzival you also picked some wonderful Lenti. Spider-Man OAB is I think the one posted most, but it truely is amazing.

@Freeformfreakout I see RPO FAC is catching up to Spider-Man OAB, I'm surprised to see that you're the first to post FAC GitS, also very nice with those colors.

@Cornrow thanks for sharing, I only have the OC and extra FS for Dune so I can't look at the DL, it certainly looks good 😍

Everyone that did not post yet

21268de9-b35b-452e-b8de-c56c5873c801_tex

• Like 21

Hello everyone,

I like the idea of this "week-by-week point-collecting-award". As @extantsrevenge Nils already said, its also fun and life is stress enough so I had somehow "other" thoughts by choosing my favo Lentis.

Normally I prefer Fullslips instead of Lentis, because my eyes do not "allow" to see the full Lenti effect e.g. in depth, same for 3D effects. :(

If I have a Lenti with a "changing" effect, I like it more,because it's more rare and not so often used.

But now lets have a look at my "chosen ones" and why ?

The "why" in this case is really simple because collecting "Premium Blu-ray editions" is more for me than simple "search and buy". With some movies I also combine memories and emotions...thinking of youth...friendships and also maybe people who are not "there" anymore. So some of my edition have a special place in my heart. 😇

I dont want to prefer one and say "this is my absolute no. 1" but these three editions have a special place in my heart.

No.1: The "Media Psychos Matrix Lenti" card.

IMG_8086.thumb.JPG.cd374752483a41fe0ffc6735ed8e193c.JPG

why ?

• reminds me of the first big "special sale" @MP where I took part in. Wasn't cheap in the end but for me a good chance to get some editions I was searching for a long time.
  • reminds me of the community and friendships that have developed here @MP
  • very rare

No.2: "Tomb Raider"

IMG_8087.thumb.JPG.1f5cd0216564ad937a6ca94556027331.JPG

IMG_8088.thumb.JPG.ee679911471f76612edaf63f4b62f5fb.JPG

IMG_8089.thumb.JPG.79bf245bd4c5e6e64a33b9bd2ddb16a9.JPG

why ?

• what should I say...Playstation 1 + Tomb Raider. We (my friends and me) played all the "Tomb Raider" titles for weeks...no, months...in the end...years. 😄 We loved that game and I especially love Angelina Jolie. She's such a beautiful woman. And somehow a little bit crazy, tough and "different" to all these other Hollywood "barbies". 😁 Ok, thats also somehow personal taste but I like her. I'm still waiting for a special premium release of the "Tomb Raider" series but I think It will never happen. :( So I'm glad I have this Lenti edition.
  • On top, as an extra...I got limitation number 288. Sounds not "special" but if you have birthday on the 8th auf August and you adore Tomb Raider and Angelina, it's special enough. 😃
  • also rare
  • as mentioned above I prefer "motion lentis" instead of "depth lentis" so I'm still waiting for a "Tomb Raider" release with "striptease Lenti effect" of Lara Croft. 😂

No.3: "Rambo"

IMG_8082.thumb.JPG.b397947bb5df20cb486647d49f437cc7.JPG

IMG_8083.thumb.JPG.81efb562af5f5afcf07949bca2b10dc6.JPG

IMG_8084.thumb.JPG.e2d60e2e9844f1d0017074630260fe60.JPG

why ?

• Puh, what should I say ? It's just RAMBO ! This guy has also a special place in my heart. Surely not the best action movie of all times but of course of the most mentioned and seen movies of all times. Sly as Rambo is a ikone...a legend. A movie figure everyone all over the world knows and likes because he's tough, he's full of power and emotion and...not to say that I prefer violence but...he's a weapon in person. Especially in these days when things change around the world and war is part of our lifes (e.g. in Ukraine) you think a little bit different about "uncut versions" in movies and why people should not see what war really means. And if you have seen the uncut version of e.g. "John Rambo" you might slightly have gained an impression what "war" really means. :( So please stay together...also in the forum and reach out a hand to people who need help or just think different.
  • the sentence "what is it ? it's blue light. And what does it ? It lights blue." is just mentioned hundred of times in my youth between my friends. Thats also the fact why I collect all versions of the Rambo movies. If someone has a heart...I'm still searching for the "John Rambo uncut Steelbook". This one is now a holy grail and not payable anymore.
  • When I got the special edition from Nova with limitation number "008", it was my second birthday.😎👍 This one will never leave my home. This one is priceless for me.
Edited by raylight
  • Like 28

Bonjour à tous.

Bravo pour l'organisation de ce challenge. Je suis épaté de voir autant de belles pièces.

Pour ma part, mon lenti préféré est "Les gardiens de la galaxie 2". Je trouve les couleurs éclatante, un superbe effet de profondeur et l'effet avec Groot et Rocket est magnifique.

IMG_6808.thumb.jpg.e36f49d8803caf74d17fdb9b4f1687c9.jpgIMG_6809.thumb.jpg.588eaba9bfcf4b8e3dd2968c5e5bf8ec.jpg

• Like 22