IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

Great variety here, and a great way to engage Psycho’s. Thank you @extantsrevenge et al 👍

To join the common herd, I too am not wholly convinced by lenti’s, BUT I have a few, and these have been picked out.

Firstly, the big guy Uncle D once wrote that FAC’s Prometheus was the greatest ever (perhaps I exaggerate his sentiment). As such, I went and bought it, and cracking depth it has too 👍

I don’t have many transitions, but some above look fantastic (and now on a wish list 😆).  Based on what I have, I have to therefore vote Depth.  I really like my Blufans Moulin Rouge and Nova’s Apocalypse Now.

DFE70A44-B896-4A19-B855-E6656A9BB0B5.jpeg

F49D01D7-0962-44E8-AAC6-470F4043F5F3.jpeg

05F9403D-70EA-4785-ADE0-B0F5FBD56982.jpeg

• Like 25

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive only been in the Premium space for a few years so I know I've missed some of the hotter, big-name items. And I don't own many lentis, as most of the time I opt for the fullslips.

Of the few I own, my favorite is the Novamedia lenti of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

This is a non-transition lenti, which is what I like. The depth effect makes the artwork jump out at me and simultaneously pulls me in, making me feel like part of the action. 

The Blufans Venom is always a stunner for me every time I see it.

And the WeeT Monster Hunter lenti rounds out the group.

• Like 30

Thank you @extantsrevenge for this excellent idea! I can't wait for the lovely discussions that will surely come 😁

I was simply going to lament the fact that I'm going to lose this first challenge as I tend to avoid lentis just because the loss of vibrance and clarity rarely seems to justify to me personally what's often not the best design. But then I saw@Trianna/ @MoneySniper's pictures of that beautiful set of the amazing 君の名は, and then also @InfiniteDoors' beautiful copy of The Prestige, and now there's a nonzero chance that I'll own copies of these before this challenge ends... such beautiful presentation of such amazing art!

• Like 12

I just realized that I don't have many lentis to choose from, but of the batch, I've got to give it to...

"Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind"...

...TWICE!

IMG_20220914_111802.thumb.jpg.3783a100686958388a0164a55d6fe0fc.jpgIMG_20220914_111753.thumb.jpg.c860a7bd279fd6b90c186de4775dc459.jpg

(Sorry about the picture quality)

I managed to put together a wonderful little custom one-click through the years. And these two lentis might be neck-and-neck the best in my collection. Don't worry, I don't actually have them stuffed together in the box set; I just slid one into another to illustrate my point with these pictures.

My favorite lentis are transitional... Changes up the photo, but not too much. It's easier on the eyes, sometimes even more so than depth lentis.

Edited by camwjohn95
  • Like 29

Awards

It is WELL documented across this site that for me, the best Lentis are the ones that have no depth and Zero transition …. (Go Team Fullslip) 😂

But even I…. (Swallows pride…. Clears throat)…. Yes Even I have Lenti’s within the collection.

I guess my Favourite would have to be Kimchi’s Iron Man O-Ring. Partly because it’s Iron Man, partly because it was the first ever Premium Lenti (not counting the Zavvi line) that I owned. If you’re a Marvel FS collector as I know many of you are, then you’re Royally screwed when it comes to Mr. Stark sadly.

Given that I am not a Lenti collector, I cannot say that I have given it too much consideration over Depth vs. Transition. Now that I am, I would have to say that I favour Transition and yet, of all the Lentis that I do own, I only have 2 Transition Lenti slips. The other one being FA’s Godzilla XL.

I do recall being very impressed by the Transition Lenti within FA’s Warcraft FS. 4 images in one Lenti. Feels kinda weird to admit that, like a dirty secret. 🤣

Lastly, I am also impressed with Blufans Venom DL. One of a few Dirty DL’s I own as they didn’t release a FS as a single, and most I am not impressed with at all. But they did a Bang up job with Venom for sure. 👍🏼

Anyway, rant over… here are some lovely Lenti pics 😁🍻

FE9F91D5-D0A9-467A-BCE0-96B7E5CE4BED.jpeg

AED42B33-E551-42C2-82D1-A031923CC752.jpeg

039AB037-BD96-4CAA-9918-9637C52D7C9A.jpeg

AAB4CB3E-7875-446E-9C94-6AA90277CAB3.jpeg

6096302F-E5E1-44A2-B48D-B3781B852AA7.jpeg

E91A01C7-47D9-48D9-8A8B-40330C26CF29.jpeg

F961A1A6-BEF8-47A1-BF50-4B9B837B0462.jpeg

6B02062F-330B-4B4F-8E90-83EADCF26595.jpeg

132ACD0C-C4C5-4B07-8772-2F58D69FF116.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Haha 1

I have never been that huge of a Lenti Fan.  Usually like to go with the full slip.  Really enjoyed both of these movie and sought out both of these.  

1st Kingsman was a surprise when i first saw it by how much i did enjoy watching.  Will still frequently drop in when its shown on cable, as it seems to be always on.  

Isle of dogs is one of my favorites over the last few years.  I enjoy Wes Anderson's animated more that his Live action.  It fits his style more.  Fantastic Mr. Fox still makes me laugh to this day.  

image.thumb.jpeg.a9533406ca3610fad308531f26fc4689.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5cb041fcb2a5bf12fb76d14605bc0a48.jpeg

• Like 28

Hello folks, my vote will go to depth lenticular over the transitional ones. There is something magical about that type, after staring at it for three seconds, every (intended) details will come to life and every bit of it is so oddly satisfying to witness.

My favourite out of my super small collection would be FAC Ralph Breaks the Internet.

IMG_5962.jpg

IMG_5965.jpg

• Like 28

Whelp, I’ve only got a single lenti premium at the moment, so I guess that’ll be the winner for me! Honestly not a huge fan of them in general, but the sheer ridiculousness of this FAC Deadpool lenti was hard to pass up. 

As for whether I prefer depth or transition that’s kind of situational. I’d probably say depth since it’s a bit more consistent (at least if it’s done well), but if transition is done smartly and executed well I could definitely see myself favoring that. 

• Like 19

Awards

13 minutes ago, Ryan.miller.429 said:

the sheer ridiculousness of this FAC Deadpool lenti was hard to pass up.

Oh and in addition to it being ridiculous I really liked how this didn’t go the seemingly standard route of photoshopping promo materials and actually used custom art (at least I assume). I’m just a big sucker that kind of stuff. Makes it feel more unique, and I feel results in a higher quality lenti as well.

• Like 9

Awards

My favorite Lenti -- Joker U' Mania (RIP 😥)

FotoJet.thumb.jpg.03c3ad527ceaddc3f547b025f37e0e46.jpg

My other favorites in my collection:

Black Barons IT (2017)

Manta Lab Matrix Resurrections DL

HDZETA Jumanji (One of my favorite movies and John @Masterblastersold me his #3 😍)

Some new arrivals!

20220914_181021.thumb.jpg.43a776f1daa1aefe86a6e6cc562c5912.jpg

• Like 32

• ★ Administrators ★

Lentis tend to be my favorites and while I love a good transition I also love depth and clarity.  I thought I’d include two of the first I ever acquired and a new favorite and avoid some of the more popular (though excellent examples) that have already been posted.  

Rush - Kimchi DVD -  for a nice racing transition was one of the first I purchased a few years ago 

FC792A7F-F573-4505-83A2-55223B7BD04C.thumb.jpeg.2a2c1fac405ddc96ab6bdc7f381ed68c.jpeg9D31D9AB-A9D8-4D32-8FBA-311B3FBF6B11.thumb.jpeg.c007b2c620d8aace4fb98e7f8243c76c.jpeg

Once - NovaMedia - also an early acquisition and an amazing example of depth and clarity. 
2F890BEA-AFB3-48F9-9162-AF346D719226.thumb.jpeg.b733ddfc7cc1d239e48f01ce97d8d14a.jpeg

Benedetta - The On - Well, for what I think are obvious reasons.  
5572897B-AE0A-4B33-9BF4-51615B4FED1E.thumb.jpeg.098eaa8845c7a260bdc70c2ee1575a7b.jpeg

E4802259-7EA0-445C-A56F-7E1EA8B9CB9C.thumb.jpeg.cf07136cd12d100ed700bf02b310277c.jpeg

@extantsrevenge - I also have an idea for a challenge.  

• Like 30

My favorite lenti is BR2049

fantastic artwork, colors and quality.

i‘m also in live with mantas DL WW - great depths, sharp, gal… and mantas Constantine Lenti B because i love the image and quality.

in general Most important point for lenti imo is artwork im general and the quality, hate blurry, pixeled stuff 

7CD865AB-8D10-4AEB-B196-49881CD485FA.jpeg

B82753F2-FC75-476C-BB04-CBB8236406EF.jpeg

A13AFCCD-E12D-4AE1-BB6B-9A0D721FB4D6.jpeg

• Like 23

cannot believe this is first weeks challenge, currently every steelbook i have is very safely packed away for a house move.

and the other big joke is most, if not all my collection are lentis.

so currently i cannot take part in this simple of challenges 😭

Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants 

and @Pbsw23 your dirty little secret is out now xD 

so your not a all fullslip guy after all paul xD 

you must finally feel sordid right now, i mean lentis whats up with you man xD 

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

basil xD 

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

• ★ Administrators ★

Really happy to see so much activity already within only 1 day ☺️

giphy.gif

Lots of great editions posted. It is funny to see some choices and then realizing that I got them too but either totally forgot about them or have not seen them in ages (because I have to much stuff 😵).

I think at the moment transitional lenti are in the lead, but depth Lenti seem to catch on.

@SilentasKnight that Alita looks great, I only have the sealed OC, so have not seen that one in person. Are you more in the depth lenti camp?

@MoneySniper for the second time Fight Club 😮, now I wish I had that as extra single. At least I have two of the Your Name 😂

@CAYENNE-FAHRER very nice, that Joker has a cool effect. I think the new BvS will find its way into many collections it is stunning.

@hal56 I'm so happy to see you post here (even when you had your reservations about this Award idea 😉). I love that Terminator too, thankfully I have an extra single Lenti in addition to the OC.

@Parzival no problem to show Lentis that are already posted, I'm looking forward to your selection.

@JiumJium that Spider-Man is a great Lenti, thankfully I got the edition now, was really stupid to not join the GB back in the day.

@cypheria078 HDzeta really does some great Lenti. I like the Tomb Raider too, because it has ALICIA 😍

@Reagh also wonderful transitional Lenticulars.

@InfiniteDoors that Harry Potter Lenti is really great, thanks for sharing.

@JojoFrance76 no problem for not showing a card, thank for participating even when you're on vacation.

@damships very nice to see that TDK lenti, that is a coll transition. But my Set stays sealed.

@KubricksYarbles nice choices, the Moulin Rouge reminds me that Blufans released the awesome Romeo + Juliet Lenti at the same time.

@Veum yeah kinda hard to choose when there are many editions you love. Great selection.

@TechSpec924 recently I hear many members say that they most likely go for the Full-Slip. If I don't get the OC, I'm also more likely going for the FS. I'm sure we will touch the FS challenge in the future too,

@piphany thanks for posting even when you don't have any Lenti to show, becoming part of the conversation and sharing your thoughts is great. Also great that you found some Lenti that you really like.

@camwjohn95 another fine early Kimchidvd release 👍

@Pbsw23 🤣 yeah even a FS maniac can become weak sometimes 😜. FAC had some really awesome Transitional Lenti cards included in their editions, shows how much could be possible, so I would love to see more do it. Especially the Marvel Lenti are most of the time only depth lenti 😥 which is getting very repetitive when 3 or more different retailers do the same movie.

@bossjon 👍

@fatneko thanks for sharing, what would be 2 more depth Lenti that you really like?

@ajames212 more great choices. The Godzilla King of Monsters and Godzilla ( @Pbsw23 showed) from FAC really turned out great.

@Ryan.miller.429 thanks for sharing, no shame in only having one.

@ShadowWarrior that The Matrix Resurrections turned out to be fantastic, makes me almost want one.... but then I think about the movie and instantly it is okay for me to not have it 🤣

@ncraft really great to see so many different choices. I like those too.

@HeightOfFolly that is indeed a great Lenti, do you have 2 more that are at the top of your list?

@Rambo oh the second time the Alita Blufans is posted 😮, more great stuff.

@Gary K

giphy.gif

@Rockntoni87 stunning, I really like several of the Lenti for WW releases must be because of Gal 😍

@Basil you could still post about your favorite Lenti and include a BS, I think I would allow that for you, since I know about you moving soon 👌

Damn I did not realize that we already got this many replies 😮. I wonder how many who look at this now are instantly running to ebay to check if they can find one or two of these awesome editions 🤣

• Like 30

In 2019 I started collecting premium editions, actually Lenti Editions were not, according to the focus, rather Fullslips. But over time I also liked the Lenti Editions. Changing motifs in the Lenti Editions are not really my thing, but I have two editions in my collection that I really like. With the Lenti Editions, I prefer the depth effect, the 3D effect. Here are a few pictures of my most beautiful Lentis, I like the whole Edition. The image motif and the depth effect.

image.thumb.jpeg.b51b2e14fe6ed99b2d20ac3baca58259.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b4a4760e59542bad85dc4d6bb4c54c61.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.405de81852c4b830fd538978ede8cd10.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.86c480f5af05b48397fb40862b8ea805.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.14f75bd5b3a6961b21cc3e3a2ab1983b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f5b665185a130c04e0de65361eac4cd5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.742a62c40918c13b6220cb636bb6869c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.797e9b5140aacc24bf95b67f12320d84.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ce1bb1abee931f319e7b7786b5acb676.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.af6ad1242b37b71ae740fa0865476962.jpeg

Edited by Blu Magic Ray
  • Like 26

10 hours ago, Basil said:

cannot believe this is first weeks challenge, currently every steelbook i have is very safely packed away for a house move.

and the other big joke is most, if not all my collection are lentis.

so currently i cannot take part in this simple of challenges 😭

Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants 

and @Pbsw23 your dirty little secret is out now xD 

so your not a all fullslip guy after all paul xD 

you must finally feel sordid right now, i mean lentis whats up with you man xD 

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

basil xD 

Time to search them out 😂 

oh no toys GIF by ABC Network