IGNORED

The Fisher King - Criterion Collection Blu-Ray [UK]

nefilim

Rekease Date : Live

Price : € 29.95

Purchase Link : Cdon.fi

Notes : A fairy tale grounded in poignant reality, the magnificent, Manhattan-set The Fisher King, by Terry Gilliam, features Jeff Bridges and Robin Williams in two of their most brilliant roles. Bridges plays a former radio shock jock reconstructing his life after a scandal, and Williams is a homeless man on a quest for the Holy Grail—which he believes to be hidden somewhere on the Upper East Side. Unknowingly linked by their pasts, the two men aid each other on a fanciful journey to discovering their own humanity. This singular American odyssey features a witty script by Richard LaGravenese, evocative cinematography by Roger Pratt, and superb supporting performances by Amanda Plummer and an Oscar-winning Mercedes Ruehl, all harnessed by Gilliam into a compassionate, funny modern-day myth.

• New, restored 2K digital transfer, approved by director Terry Gilliam, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
  • Audio commentary featuring Gilliam
  • New interviews with Gilliam, producer Lynda Obst, screenwriter Richard La Gravenese, and actors Jeff Bridges, Amanda Plummer, and Mercedes Ruehl
  • New interviews with artists Keith Greco and Vincent Jefferds on the creation of the film’s Red Knight
  • Interview from 2006 with actor Robin Williams
  • New video essay featuring Bridges’s on-set photographs
  • Footage from 1991 of Bridges training as a radio personality with acting coach Stephen Bridgewater
  • Deleted scenes, with audio commentary by Gilliam
  • Costume tests
  • Trailers
  • PLUS: An essay by critic Bilge Ebiri

1111.thumb.jpg.8b10c17fccb63e76e805108a03321d02.jpg

Ordered !

Btw.

@45Caliber @psychoscot @RhodW do you know any site or forum or anything where one could get real value of criterion releases ? In ebay some dvds have huge asking prices. And I happen to own many of those. Did not find anything at criterionorg forum. Tho took only very quick look ...

I'm thinking of selling CC dvds and like to get right price.

Thank you !

38 minutes ago, nefilim said:

Ordered !

Btw.

@45Caliber @psychoscot @RhodW do you know any site or forum or anything where one could get real value of criterion releases ? In ebay some dvds have huge asking prices. And I happen to own many of those. Did not find anything at criterionorg forum. Tho took only very quick look ...

I'm thinking of selling CC dvds and like to get right price.

Thank you !

I don't off-hand. I say survey what people are listing for, undercut them by some amount and allow a best offer within your limits of how low you're willing to go. The demand will ultimately determine the cost.

Archived