Ex Machina (4K UHD/2D Collector's Edition Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

ShadowWarrior

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Veum said:

Decisions, decisions, do I want that rigid slip case w/sb/cards or just the gorgeous SB? 🤨 

Decide Which One GIF by TipsyElves.com

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I decided to go with the slip but like @AndroiDad75 said this is the last chance I'll be taking on a slip from zavvi unless it involves everything blu, like the first blood set.

@Ryan @AndroiDad75 I did not quite understand the problem with the slip, would you mind elaborating on the problem for me? 🤔 

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Zavvi does not make slips that can compare with premium retailers like Weet, HDZeta, etc. so if that's your expectation that you're probably going to be disappointed. To me Zavvi is in the space between mass market and premium along with outfits like Arrow, ToC, and Second Sight. If I see a steelbook I like for $35 but I can also get a version with slip & goodies for $50, then usually I go for the $50 one since the difference is not much. In this case, even if the slip isn't that great I'd like to have the book, so for me it's worth it. YMMV!

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

Zavvi does not make slips that can compare with premium retailers like Weet, HDZeta, etc. so if that's your expectation that you're probably going to be disappointed. To me Zavvi is in the space between mass market and premium along with outfits like Arrow, ToC, and Second Sight. If I see a steelbook I like for $35 but I can also get a version with slip & goodies for $50, then usually I go for the $50 one since the difference is not much. In this case, even if the slip isn't that great I'd like to have the book, so for me it's worth it. YMMV!

Yeah that is the way I’m thinking! 😉

Just ordered! :)

Ex Machina - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Special Edition Steelbook (Includes Blu-ray)

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

Yea ik but they charge more than arrow and second sight. And it's not just the quality, I've had some damage issues as well. Second sight and arrow still make better slips just compare your carlitos way to the witch from second sight or to arrow robocop. I think there both made better imo.

• Like 3

Awards

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Yea ik but they charge more than arrow and second sight. And it's not just the quality, I've had some damage issues as well. Second sight and arrow still make better slips just compare your carlitos way to the witch from second sight or to arrow robocop. I think there both made better imo.

I think they do also but are they putting out this title I want Ex Machina, I do not think so… have to go with this one since Zavvi is putting it out! 🙌 :)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

My thinking exactly. 

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
39 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Damage is definitely a concern. Last couple of times they shipped to me they used a box, so I'm crossing my fingers. Luckily I'm not too fussy with minor issues as these will be opened and enjoyed. Just hope no major damage this time. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2022 at 2:36 PM, deckard99 said:

Have to agree, I have 2 zavvi slips and they are just "ok" not in the same league as Nova, HDzeta Manta etc and light years away from the masters Plain Archive. That said they are better than the first wave of Blu-fans slips. The original phase 1 Marvel slips were just awful, folded card, no sealed edges and the lenti effects were just terrible, really cheap looking in every way, yet at the time everyone was in love haha! Zavvi slips are basic but well made "ish"

All that said this is a really nice steel but not a patch on the original which was one of the top 10 most out there steels ever made, its truly a work of art.

• Like 4

Awards

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...