IGNORED

Media Psychos Quarter-Slip Edition Award

extantsrevenge

• ★ Administrators ★

Welcome Media Psychos Members!

We're happy to introduce another Packaging Award to you. It is the

Quarter-Slip Edition Collector Award

giphy.gif

Like the other packaging awards this one will also have multiple stages. Each stage will be harder to get and we will introduce the other stages at a later point.

1st Stage: Quarter-Slip Edition Collector (Members need 10 Editions to get this)

2nd Stage: (will be introduced when Stage 1 has reached at least 50 submissions)

To get the Quarter-Slip Collector award and follow up awards or other packaging awards you are required to have a specific amount of releases with that packaging type and you have to show us a nice picture of that, really simple. The picture has to include your Media Psychos member card or other Media Psychos stuff, it can be a simple piece of paper on which you write your member name @ mediapsychos.com (for example). It really doesn't take that much time to add something like that and makes the pictures even more exciting for the community.

Important: Pictures for for the Quarter-Slip Edition Collector Award have to show us the Frontside of the Quarter-Slipss! No Spine pictures are allowed!

Definition of a Quarter-Slip for this Award!

All Premium Editions that are named by the retailer as Quarter-Slip are eligible for this award!

Please don't confuse a regular J-Card with a Quarter-Slip. Most Premium Quarter-Slips are covering the back of a Steelbook, and the lower quarter of the front (while also covering the sides in that quarter area). They are open at the bottom, so you could slide them down or up. That is the most common design used on Premium Releases. If you have a regular release that is like that it is also okay to use for this award. See this post a for an example.

There are some alternate Premium Quarter-Slip designs, these are only allowed to use when the edition is officially named Quarter-Slip by the Premium retailer!

The award design was done by @Cornbuster 🙏

1166714628_MPQuarterAward1.png.4e10c24ff185450f3407c50e85b28724.png

Special thanks to @raylight for all the award gifs he made for this and other awards 🙏

A list of all awards can be found in our Award Central. It will continue to grow with many fun awards for you to get.

We hope many of you participate. And don't forget to show your appreciation for all the great pictures posted here and give them some likes 😊

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★

Thanks for participating in our Quarter-Slip Edition Collector Award and for sharing all these great looking editions with us.

giphy.gif

Congratulations @extantsrevenge @pluto57 @hal56 @Mithrandir2320 @Boilersteel @raylight @Pbsw23 @Tonic24k @Blu Magic Ray @sobmaster @Gary K @Wail @JojoFrance76 all of you made this exclusive list and you're now proud owner of the Media Psychos Quarter-Slip Collector Award.

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

• ★ Administrators ★
5 minutes ago, CAYENNE-FAHRER said:

here my

1.jpg.ed8d9ba49e1bf4c8063e7a502e9183ab.jpg

Damn It Wesley Snipes GIF by IMDb

I did not anticipate such a submission. For me all the editions you included are regular releases with a J-card. Not real Quater Slips. I think I need to add more info 😅, but how can I best explain this 😵

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

Damn It Wesley Snipes GIF by IMDb

I did not anticipate such a submission. For me all the editions you included are regular releases with a J-card. Not real Quater Slips. I think I need to add more info 😅, but how can I best explain this 😵

I'm sorry for good Üdi but I have to agree with Nils on this. I think it refers to any premium release that is released with just the bare steel, without any slip.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• ★ Administrators ★

I added this explanation to the OP

Please don't confuse a regular J-Card with a Quarter-Slip. A Quarter-Slip is covering the back of a Steelbook, and the lower quarter of the front. It is open at the bottom, so you could slide it down or up. It is mostly used on Premium Releases. See this post for examples.

If anyone is having a better one, please let me know.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

vor 5 Minuten schrieb extantsrevenge:

I added this explanation to the OP

Please don't confuse a regular J-Card with a Quarter-Slip. A Quarter-Slip is covering the back of a Steelbook, and the lower quarter of the front. It is open at the bottom, so you could slide it down or up. It is mostly used on Premium Releases. See this post for examples.

If anyone is having a better one, please let me know.

Hi Nils,

according to that description, a WWA like Alita would count too, right?

20220803_112538.jpg

20220803_112553.jpg

• Like 7

Found this in the net. Perhaps it helps:

image.thumb.png.9acecbfc26e940fb1f7d0f0cfef8759f.png

(greetings to schneijo @Schlumpfhausen)

from left to right:

• "C"-Card (The Da Vinci Code)
  • "J"-Card (Aladdin)
  • Backpaper (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri)
  • "J"-Card, mirrored (The Road)
  • O-Ring (Die Hard)
  • 1/4 Slip (The Aristocats) / Slip covers 1/4 of front cover, mostly Steelbook. Editions from Asia often have em-/debossing or other finishes

If this is correct, then Üdi's editions would be 1/4 slips in my opinion.

Tv Show Smile GIF by Ash vs Evil Dead

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• ★ Administrators ★
15 minutes ago, hal56 said:

Hi Nils,

according to that description, a WWA like Alita would count too, right?

20220803_112538.jpg

20220803_112553.jpg

Here I would say yes, that is a Quarter-Slip. I think if we not just limited it to Premium Quarter-Slips, this could actually help some members.

12 minutes ago, raylight said:

Found this in the net. Perhaps it helps:

image.thumb.png.9acecbfc26e940fb1f7d0f0cfef8759f.png

(greetings to schneijo @Schlumpfhausen)

from left to right:

• "C"-Card (The Da Vinci Code)
  • "J"-Card (Aladdin)
  • Backpaper (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri)
  • "J"-Card, mirrored (The Road)
  • O-Ring (Die Hard)
  • 1/4 Slip (The Aristocats) / Slip covers 1/4 of front cover, mostly Steelbook. Editions from Asia often have em-/debossing or other finishes

If this is correct, then Üdi's editions would be 1/4 slips in my opinion.

Tv Show Smile GIF by Ash vs Evil Dead

Here I would say NO, the Aristocats is closed at the bottom. For me it is another type of J-Card.

I really need to start asking for feedback in advance more often. Because for me it was so clear what a quarter-slip is, but I see now how dififcult it can be.

• Like 5

vor 27 Minuten schrieb extantsrevenge:

Here I would say yes, that is a Quarter-Slip. I think if we not just limited it to Premium Quarter-Slips, this could actually help some members.

Here I would say NO, the Aristocats is closed at the bottom. For me it is another type of J-Card.

I really need to start asking for feedback in advance more often. Because for me it was so clear what a quarter-slip is, but I see now how dififcult it can be.

Then the definition of a 1/4 slip would be:

• covers the full back of the edition, not going "around the corner" to the top front
  • covers 1/4 of the bottom front cover
  • is open on top and bottom

right ?

Edited by raylight
  • Like 6

• ★ Administrators ★
14 minutes ago, raylight said:

Then the definition of a 1/4 slip would be:

• covers the full back of the edition, not going "around the corner" to front
  • covers 1/4 of the front cover
  • is open on top and bottom

right ?

Thinking Math GIF

I just noticed that this is getting very complicated now. I looked at my picture and saw that I included I Saw the Devil, because it is named a Quarter Slip by Plain, but it has a normal J-card going around, not like the others. And I saw the same on my Tangled Kimchi, Le Grand Bleu Kimchi, Thor 2 and Frozen even have the sides covered, but all are named Quarter-Slip from the retailer 😮. Damn.

I guess every Premium releases that is named by the Retailer a Quarter slip is eligible for this Award. Regular releases only the ones like these.

What do you think?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

Thinking Math GIF

I just noticed that this is getting very complicated now. I looked at my picture and saw that I included I Saw the Devil, because it is named a Quarter Slip by Plain, but it has a normal J-card going around, not like the others. And I saw the same on my Tangled Kimchi, Le Grand Bleu Kimchi, Thor 2 and Frozen even have the sides covered, but all are named Quarter-Slip from the retailer 😮. Damn.

I guess every Premium releases that is named by the Reailer a Quarter slip is eligible for this Award. Regular releases only the ones like these.

What do you think?

The Original Series Yes GIF by Star Trek

• Like 4

vor 12 Minuten schrieb extantsrevenge:

I guess every Premium releases that is named by the Reailer a Quarter slip is eligible for this Award. Regular releases only the ones like these.

What do you think?

I think the definition of a Quarter Slip is now accuarately defined and therefore all premiums not fitting this descripiton should be excluded too.

Just because a retailer calls a cow a dog it doesnt bark.😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

• ★ Administrators ★
8 minutes ago, hal56 said:

I think the definition of a Quarter Slip is now accuarately defined and therefore all premiums not fitting this descripiton should be excluded too.

Just because a retailer calls a cow a dog it doesnt bark.😄

😮 you are more strict than I am 😂

I ended up with this now.

Definition of a Quarter-Slip for this Award!

All Premium Editions that are named by the retailer as Quarter-Slip are eligible for this award!

Please don't confuse a regular J-Card with a Quarter-Slip. Most Premium Quarter-Slips are covering the back of a Steelbook, and the lower quarter of the front (while also covering the sides in that quarter area). They are open at the bottom, so you could slide them down or up. That is the most common design used on Premium Releases. If you have a regular release that is like that it is also okay to use for this award. See this post a for an example.

There are some alternate Premium Quarter-Slip designs, these are only allowed to use when the edition is officially named Quarter-Slip by the Premium retailer!

• Like 7

vor 1 Stunde schrieb extantsrevenge:

Here is my submission for Stage 1. I actually like Quarter-Slips a lot, since it gives you the chance to see the nice Steelbooks from WEA releases without opening the editions 😅

MP Quarter Slip Award 1.JPG

Happy Oh Yeah GIF

...looks very good! @extantsrevenge ...fantastic 1/4 Quarter-Slip Collection! 👌👍

...Drive, T2, Leon, Avengers: AoU, GotG... ect.

I Like Bingo GIF by WNBAClapping Applause GIF

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
2 minutes ago, Gladiator_MV said:

@extantsrevenge ...but where is the Gladiator Zeta 1/4 Quarter-Slip?! 😉😁😄

Bored Married With Children GIF  🤣

i-have-it-rdj.gif

So since @R1s1ngs0n is on vacation

bond-james.gif

I will simply give myself the award 😂

giphy.gif

@pluto57 👍, exactly what I wanted to see.

award_received_quarter_slip_edition_collector.gif.02004231c50ca8922fe7911fd4127fa2.gif

You

trickster-the.gif

@hal56 😂. But kinda nice to see that the award is not out of reach if you don't got the premiums lying around 👍

award_received_quarter_slip_edition_collector.gif.82b85627dc8eb48485701700e833de0c.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6