IGNORED

Dr. No - 60th Anniversary (Blu-ray Special Edition Steelbook) [UK]

Sidewinder

If only it was 4K that would even be better.  Eventually you would think the Bonds will be released on 4K disc, why not on the 60th anniversary.  Excited to see if any of the other films will be released with slips this year.  Unfortunately, poster artwork doesn't seem to be MGMs thing, as they are sticking with themed artwork, but I will take what I can get.

• Like 3

• R1s1ngs0n changed the title to Dr. No - 60th Anniversary (Blu-ray Steelbook) [UK]
3 hours ago, Boilersteel said:

Instant purchase.  Bond fullslip with goodies and steelbook, I must be dreaming.  Even though it looks like the steelbook could have been designed by a 2 year old I need this.  Thanks for the heads up!

Tbh it goes well with the previous steels which featured artwork taken from the title sequences. 
But as a stand-alone steel that commemorates the 60th anniversary of the most successful movie franchise in history, it’s ‘mildly’ disappointing.

• Like 4

• R1s1ngs0n changed the title to Dr. No - 60th Anniversary (Blu-ray Special Edition Steelbook) [UK]
3 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Tbh it goes well with the previous steels which featured artwork taken from the title sequences. 
But as a stand-alone steel that commemorates the 60th anniversary of the most successful movie franchise in history, it’s ‘mildly’ disappointing.

Agree entirely with you.  If this didn't come with a slip and extras, it would have been a very disappointing release (instead only mildly disappointing).  Zero effort was put into the design of that steelbook which is a shame for the first Bond movie on the 60th anniversary.  Being just bluray also makes me shake my head.james bond GIF

• Like 7

• R1s1ngs0n changed the title to Dr. No - 60th Anniversary (Blu-ray Special Edition Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]
vor 1 Stunde schrieb deckard99:

Wow, I love this steel! I hope we get a complete set of 007 shape art steelbooks! 

Dr. No

File:Red Circle(small).svg - Wikipedia

From Russia With Love

image.png.9eaec8885db2bc5f00d308b60037faad.png

Goldfinger

File:Red triangle with thick white border.svg - Wikipedia

@deckard99

Too much variations I think...

Better we should keep the line look !

Instead of using 

1515108509_Bildschirmfoto2022-07-28um00_00_20.png.f0f8d0fc7eb33d13e523394cf89ccaac.png for "From Russia With Love", I recommend438402602_Bildschirmfoto2022-07-27um23_58_05.png.bfbf4caa61824e345145c4086f593717.png...

As You can see I did not use the same design as for Dr. No, because this truly iconic symbol has been rotated 180 degrees - namely counterclockwise (!).

( 🤔 ...  should we consult @ksosk for further refinements of this already highly complex artistic design ? )

• Haha 6

Wow so this is not 4K? On one hand I like this but on the other hand I worry this means we won't be getting a 4K edition of Dr. No for the 40th Anniversary next year? I already have a Blu-Ray of this so I'm holding out for a 4K HDR version of Dr. No and am REALLY hoping for all Sean Connery Bonds to receive the 4k disc treatment (at least Dr No, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger, and Thunderball).

• Like 2

So far 9 Bond Bluray steelbooks announced between Amazon France and UK releases.  Dr. No, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, The Man With The Golden Gun, Octopussy, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough, The Living Daylights, and License To Kill.  The only one left that doesn't have a steelbook is A View To A Kill.  Would hope that this isn't missed and will just be announced at a later time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boilersteel said:

So far 9 Bond Bluray steelbooks announced between Amazon France and UK releases.  Dr. No, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, The Man With The Golden Gun, Octopussy, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough, The Living Daylights, and License To Kill.  The only one left that doesn't have a steelbook is A View To A Kill.  Would hope that this isn't missed and will just be announced at a later time.

No release for Live And Let Die? 

• Sad 1

@Boilersteel thanks for the info, bud.

I (reluctantly) created all remaining threads.

I’m sure those who already have the previous steels will be pleased to add these to their collection but to be honest I would have much preferred to have one great release for Dr. No than this bunch of underwhelming steels.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• R1s1ngs0n changed the title to Dr. No - 60th Anniversary (Blu-ray Special Edition Steelbook) [UK]
  • ★ Administrators ★
20 hours ago, ksosk said:

The circle is going to move slowly to the centre of the steel with each title haha. 

This design takes courage to submit for approval. I cannot even describe it!

The design i bet took weeks to work out , probably even months .... have to get that circle RED that was probably the hardest part for the designer ....  😄

• Haha 11

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Boilersteel said:

Just shipped from Zavvi.  Although steelbook does look beyond lame, stoked for the slip and the extras.

Most of these Bond steelbooks are pretty sh*t for an anniversary release.

I would've rather had EverythingBlu (who are doing First Blood) or Plaion Pictures (who did Cyborg) doing something special for these.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

Most of these Bond steelbooks are pretty sh*t for an anniversary release.

I would've rather had EverythingBlu (who are doing First Blood) or Plaion Pictures (who did Cyborg) doing something special for these.

Yeah agree, feel they could make some awesome slips.  There is so much great artwork out there.  All these steelbooks and this slip only focus on the opening credits.  Hopefully MGM gets this out of their system, as now "almost" all of those opening credit steelbooks have been made.  Would like to see some poster artwork on 4K steelbook releases whenever they get released, but I know I am just dreaming.

• Like 1

I'm curious to hear from you Bond collectors.  What editions do you think are the best out there?  I have all the original DVDs from waaaayyyyy back in three boxes.  But I haven't kept track of any special editions that have come out in the last 15 years.  Is this release as good as it gets for Bond?