IGNORED

Le samouraï (Blu-Ray) (Criterion Collection) [USA]

45Caliber

GROUPBUY LINK

Release Date: November 14, 2017

Price: $31.96

Purchase Link: Criterion

WvMVqQiUO8W03H1PGJcf0J5s64wNJe_large.thumb.jpg.ad867f0d4f59a1dbb1c00930b5f1c912.jpg

Disc features:

• New high-definition digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
  • Interviews with Rui Nogueira, editor of Melville on Melville, and Ginette Vincendeau, author of Jean-Pierre Melville: An American in Paris
  • Archival interviews with Melville and actors Alain Delon, François Périer, Nathalie Delon, and
    Cathy Rosier
  • Melville-Delon: D’Honneur et de nuit (2011), a short documentary exploring the friendship between the director and the actor and their iconic collaboration on this film
  • PLUS: An essay by film scholar David Thomson. The Blu-ray also features an appreciation by filmmaker John Woo and excerpts from Melville on Melville.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/criterion-production/release_boxshots/4756-78d21e065b5c50d51444162ad8d5fb05/306_BD_box_348x490_original.jpg

6 hours ago, nefilim said:

IMO Criterion should have it's very own section. It has very special releases. Just saying ...

@Masterblaster

I agree, the only issue being the Region A locked releases (as you mention in your Criterion thread). I throw a lot of funds at Twilight Time too, but they're region free, at least. 

4 hours ago, 45Caliber said:

I agree, the only issue being the Region A locked releases (as you mention in your Criterion thread). I throw a lot of funds at Twilight Time too, but they're region free, at least. 

I used to buy lot's of TT but then their subtitles turned to sh*t. Contacted them about it but they never aswered.

• ShadowWarrior changed the title to Le samouraï (Blu-Ray) (Criterion Collection) [USA]

Archived