IGNORED

atomicblonde's latest arrivals

4 hours ago, 45Caliber said:

@atomicblonde I think the Kill Bill FSs were the second premiums I had in hand and I love them. I'm wondering if BB's going to release a Cabin in the Woods Steel with the 4K coming out soon.

There is no US steel relase of Cabin in the Woods ? UK has nice one.

Edit : Nice hauls @atomicblonde ...and sorry if I interrupted something. I'll get me coat.

lol.

Edited by nefilim

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, nefilim said:

Edit : Nice hauls @atomicblonde ...and sorry if I interrupted something. I'll get me coat.

lol.

Not that I've seen. And you didn't interrupt assuming you're an American Mac using steelbook collector. ?

Sheesh…one would think that Finland is an unfriendly place that is also actually cold.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

Not that I've seen. And you didn't interrupt assuming you're an American Mac using steelbook collector. 1f609.png

Sheesh…one would think that Finland is an unfriendly place that is also actually cold.

No no. Just people here are unfriendly and cold. Otherwise wonderful place !

?

9 hours ago, nefilim said:

lol.

You're not interrupting anything :D Always welcome in my threads!! And no, we haven't gotten any sort of release steel wise in the US. I was desperate for even the UK release and I was going to get it instead of even bothering with a bluray until I realized it's region B locked. I think Filmarena could do something nice with it, but I dunno if anyone will do it again. I avidly check the steelbook forums daily to see if any of my favorite films get made into a bluray! And thank you! <3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atomicblonde said:

You're not interrupting anything :D Always welcome in my threads!! And no, we haven't gotten any sort of release steel wise in the US. I was desperate for even the UK release and I was going to get it instead of even bothering with a bluray until I realized it's region B locked. I think Filmarena could do something nice with it, but I dunno if anyone will do it again. I avidly check the steelbook forums daily to see if any of my favorite films get made into a bluray! And thank you! <3

With 4K and Best Buy churning them out now (even for catalog titles like Starship Troopers & Close Encounters for the 4K releases), I don't think it's out of the questionen. Imagine how much great Disney stuff could have new steels now that they'll be doing 4K reissues!? Marvel, Star Wars, etc. ?

• Like 1

I'm super tired so this one won't be a long description. First three are from an eBay seller based in South Korea, The Aristocats and Melancholia from a very awesome seller I did a private deal with, Arrival from a seller on eBay based in WA (that I actually got my Passengers HDZeta and my Lara Croft lenticular two pack from), Cinderella and Black Swan boxset from another eBay seller based in Canada, and then Foxcatcher direct from Plain Archive! All are brand new and sealed aside from The Aristocats. Very happy. Now if my Czech Republic packages could come already that would be greaaat lol. Included a pic of my number on Foxcatcher since it's the very first purchase that came direct from the company (and Cap 1 Kimchi will be my first one from a GB -- cannot wait)! :D

Let Me In Novamedia (not a steelbook) / The Dreamers [Uncut] (not a steelbook) / Saw Novamedia (not a steelbook) / The Aristocats Zavvi / Arrival Lenticular Kimchidvd (another personal grail locked before it got too expensive!!) / Melancholia Plain Archive (not a steelbook) / Cinderella Full Slip Kimchidvd (my Cinderella 2015 Kimchi collection complete!!) / Black Swan Japanese boxset (not a steelbook) / Foxcatcher 1/4th Slip Plain Archive

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender (15).jpg

FullSizeRender (16).jpg

FullSizeRender (17).jpg

FullSizeRender (19).jpg

FullSizeRender (18).jpg

FullSizeRender (20).jpg

FullSizeRender (21).jpg

FullSizeRender (22).jpg

FullSizeRender (23).jpg

FullSizeRender (24).jpg

FullSizeRender (25).jpg

FullSizeRender (26).jpg

FullSizeRender (27).jpg

FullSizeRender (28).jpg

FullSizeRender (29).jpg

FullSizeRender (30).jpg

FullSizeRender (31).jpg

FullSizeRender (32).jpg

• Like 2

@atomicblonde And the hits just keep coming. I hope you give your mailman a nice tip for the Holidays. As long as my stuff makes it to the right house, I'm happy. The other day I got all my neighbors' mail, but luckily still my Edge of Tomorrow steel. Of course I've had packages never arrive over the years, but man would I freak if I ordered like a boxset and the post office lost it!

• Like 1

@atomicblonde Great new batch. Let Me In has an AMAZING finish, kept mine sealed for a long time but glad I opened it. Perks Of Being A Wallflower is also worth checking out, from the same line with an amazing finish

Anyone who like Eva, should definitely get The Dreamers lol, thats one I've kept sealed

Edited by psychoscot
  • Like 1

Awards

17 hours ago, psychoscot said:

@atomicblonde Great new batch. Let Me In has an AMAZING finish, kept mine sealed for a long time but glad I opened it. Perks Of Being A Wallflower is also worth checking out, from the same line with an amazing finish

Anyone who like Eva, should definitely get The Dreamers lol, thats one I've kept sealed

Ironically enough your posts I believe on the other forum in the topic for it actually convinced me to get it :D The way you spoke of it (coupled with the fact I do really like the movie) sold me on it!

As for Eva, I LOVE Eva Green so much. She's up there for me and among my favorite actresses (such as Natalie Portman, Jennifer Lawrence, Angelina Jolie, etc). Feel like Eva's vastly underrated though. I felt the same about Natalie and then she finally got her day and won the Oscar for one of my favorite movies, Black Swan. Eva just needs to do a movie with Darren Aronofsky and maybe she'll finally get the recognition she deserves! :P 

Receiving steelbooks will probably be 10x slower from here on out as my only arrivals will be my steelbook packages from Czech Republic tied up in customs (maybe... maybe sometime this year) as well as my group buy items as they come. Captain America: The First Avenger Kimchidvd steelbooks are supposed to be here today if not tomorrow so I'll post pics of those later once I get them! But otherwise, just Czech SBs held up, GBs, and then maybe the occasional private sale. :)

These all came from one person aside from the last one (the Blufans) came from @Zeefy! I got it a little while ago but forgot to post :P I don't have much info but I'm gonna assume the ones from the private sale are all Zavvi (I know National Treasure 1&2 are for sure, and I think 2012 is as well if I'm remembering right). Wish Daredevil could get the premium treatment, and maybe from FA so I can have it next to my beautiful Elektra copy! National Treasure was sold out from Zavvi so I got both NT1 and NT2 for a good price brand new. I know it's dumb but they were minor grails for me as I admittedly love the movies. Now I'm posting this quick, browsing a little, and then heading to bed lol.

National Treasure Zavvi / National Treasure 2 Zavvi / Daredevil / 2012 / In Time / The Lego Batman Movie Blufans

FullSizeRender (33).jpg

FullSizeRender (34).jpg

FullSizeRender (35).jpg

FullSizeRender (36).jpg

FullSizeRender (37).jpg

FullSizeRender (38).jpg

FullSizeRender (39).jpg

FullSizeRender (40).jpg

FullSizeRender (41).jpg

FullSizeRender (42).jpg

FullSizeRender (43).jpg

FullSizeRender (44).jpg

• Like 4

I got my Cap 1 Kimchidvd in the mail from Mr. @Masterblaster himself and I got the package I thought was lost from the Czech Republic that I was very much looking forward to!!!! Weirdly enough it was stuck in ISC New York since the 20th with NO movement and then suddenly I got an update this morning saying that it had arrived at my local post office out of literally nowhere?? I'm not mad as I really wanted my Jurassic Park steels BADLY to match my Jurassic World and because I love the movies so much. Now I can stop freaking out about that and start crossing my fingers for my two other Czech packages!! Woohoo!!!

Captain America: The First Avenger Lenti Kimchidvd / Captain America: The First Avenger Full Slip A1 Kimchidvd / Jurassic Park Filmarena / Jurassic Park: The Lost World Filmarena / Jurassic Park III Filmarena

FullSizeRender (45).jpg

FullSizeRender (46).jpg

FullSizeRender (47).jpg

FullSizeRender (48).jpg

FullSizeRender (49).jpg

FullSizeRender (50).jpg

FullSizeRender (51).jpg

FullSizeRender (52).jpg

FullSizeRender (53).jpg

FullSizeRender (54).jpg

• Like 3

@atomicblonde Yes, congrats on finally getting your JP set! For next time, when a seller offers to send you another, say yes and give it to me please. ? I still need to get my JW Nova slip, but had to put on the brakes after recent spree. I was fortunate enough to get my reserve request for Cap A1, which I didn't realize I needed until the GB was closed. Dreams really do come true here at MP. 

• Like 1

I have so many things to post that I've gotten (like John Wick FA maniacs box, Foxcatcher Full Slip PA, and so much more) but I'm soooo lazy lol. And I'm going to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal in Hollywood on Friday so I'm not gonna bother until after since I might buy more stuff while I'm out there in Cali.

I did in store pick up and got the BB WW steelbook!! It was crazy how many copies were already sold/claimed by the time I got there only 30 minutes after opening... Only 4 copies left out on the floor! But that's okay because I got mine and they were kind enough to put the store pick up sticker on the back of the steel instead of the front and I got it off pretty easy too. This is WAY prettier in person. The gloss is gorgeous and for some reason the art looks way better than I remember??? I just felt this was a necessity for my collection and I couldn't skip it, and now I'm VERY glad I got it!

Now I'm off to catch up on things. Can't wait to see more people's copies of this!!! :D

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, atomicblonde said:

I did in store pick up and got the BB WW steelbook!! It was crazy how many copies were already sold/claimed by the time I got there only 30 minutes after opening... Only 4 copies left out on the floor! But that's okay because I got mine and they were kind enough to put the store pick up sticker on the back of the steel instead of the front and I got it off pretty easy too. This is WAY prettier in person. The gloss is gorgeous and for some reason the art looks way better than I remember??? I just felt this was a necessity for my collection and I couldn't skip it, and now I'm VERY glad I got it!

Now I'm off to catch up on things. Can't wait to see more people's copies of this!!! :D

Yay! I'm glad you were able to secure one. There seemed to be quite a few at my store, but I was there when they opened. It was so weird talking to a whole group of strangers about steelbooks, too. One guy was telling me all about his recent scores, including the Zavvi Night of the Living Dead I covet and was telling me what a fan of Alex Ross he is, who did all the Monster covers.

I agree, too, it does look much better in hand and I should know since I now have 3 of them after my preorder delivery finally arrived this evening. Now it's a game of "which one should I open and hope it's not dented behind the j-card"! Best Buy's awesome…??

• 1 month later...

Can you guys believe it has been at least a month and a week since I've posted any new steels/hauls?? I've been REALLY busy and I haven't had the motivation to take pictures of my latest special editions as well as steels so I fell behind but since I got my Punisher from Andre in the mail today I felt it was time to at least post some of the ones I've picked up. Many thanks to forenhase for letting me get one of his extra copies of The Punisher!!

Take Shelter Plain Archive (not a steelbook) / The Lion King Best Buy / Suicide Squad Target (not a steelbook) / Foxcatcher Plain Archive / Chucky Lenticular Movie Collection (not a steelbook) / Superbad Best Buy / Wonder Woman Target (not a steelbook) / Stranger Things Target (not a steelbook) / The Punisher Filmarena

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

FullSizeRender (5).jpg

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

FullSizeRender (7).jpg

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

FullSizeRender (9).jpg

FullSizeRender (10).jpg

FullSizeRender (11).jpg

FullSizeRender (12).jpg

FullSizeRender (13).jpg

FullSizeRender (14).jpg

FullSizeRender (15).jpg

FullSizeRender (16).jpg

FullSizeRender (17).jpg

FullSizeRender (18).jpg

FullSizeRender (19).jpg

FullSizeRender (20).jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, atomicblonde said:

I felt it was time to at least post some of the ones I've picked up

About time! I wanted that SS Digibook, but I think now I'll just stick with adding the Nova Lenti to my Dredd order. The Harley only has the 4K, which is supposed to be a bad 4K transfer, so I want another edition that has 3D and I'm out!

I'm super tired but I took these pics this morning and forgot to post them of steels from GBs plus steels I got from John/Masterblaster as well as a couple of steels I've been too lazy to open that were from e(vil)Bay. The Moana is a one click but I don't feel like opening it just yet so the back isn't the back of the front lol. The Neon Demon was an ULTIMATE grail for me and so was the Constantine Manta Lab one click (and such a low number!!!) coupled with the AASB FA. I am so grateful that thanks to MP I've been able to track down most of my grails/most wanted items and for such reasonable prices too! Thank you MP!!! And a special thank you in particular to @Masterblaster!! ??? @45Caliber Now my turn to taunt ?

Moana Kimchidvd One Click / Straight Outta Compton Filmarena / Wonder Woman jbhifi / Kingsman: The Secret Service Kimchidvd / The Neon Demon Steelarchive / Constantine Manta Lab One Click / Don't Breathe Filmarena / As Above So Below Filmarena

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

FullSizeRender (5).jpg

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

FullSizeRender (7).jpg

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

FullSizeRender (9).jpg

FullSizeRender (10).jpg

FullSizeRender (11).jpg

FullSizeRender (12).jpg

FullSizeRender (13).jpg

FullSizeRender (14).jpg

FullSizeRender (15).jpg

FullSizeRender (16).jpg

FullSizeRender (17).jpg

FullSizeRender (18).jpg

FullSizeRender (19).jpg

FullSizeRender (20).jpg

FullSizeRender (21).jpg

FullSizeRender (22).jpg

FullSizeRender (23).jpg

FullSizeRender (24).jpg

Edited by atomicblonde
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Skid Mark said:

@atomicblonde awesome thread and so many great additions getting added to your collection. I spotted a Saw edition from Septemberish I've never seen before.  The slip looked really cool. I'm a sucker for anything shiny!  Where'd you hunt that one down from? I think I need it! Thanks. 

Thank you so much!! I'm slowly but surely trying to build my collection as much as I can. Within the span of only a few months I've already built it a lot between GBs, private sales, etc. I plan to get cases and display everything properly and take pictures once I make my move out of state early next year since there's no point in putting in so much effort only to take it down and do it all over again lol. I'm a sucker for shiny things, the Saw movies (admittedly I already have the Jigsaw Zavvi steelbook on preorder already), and horror movies in general. The person I got it from has more I'm sure so I'll send you some links in PM! I think you do need it!! And no problem :D