IGNORED

atomicblonde's latest arrivals

9 hours ago, atomicblonde said:

Thankfully I was able to open this spoiler in a separate tab

Phew! That was a lot of hunt & peck phone typing to have to recall. ☺️

I already have one one click paid for and I feel the GotG vol 2 Blufans not far away

Better commit according to the info thread! Think I'll stick to the UE (maybe). I need the Rogue One 1-Click more.

have no clue what DMR is

Disney Movie Rewards! When you claim them for GotG2, got unlock these:

gotg2buttons1600x720heroa11501532226109.png.800caa7d613e6cc0ca2086a6320f6bf3.png

5 hours ago, 45Caliber said:

then a Resident Evil: The Final Chapter HDZeta steelbook sealed.

I meant to also comment on this in your previous post (as well as cut the reposted pics), but my edit timed out–that feature is not my friend. I was really impressed with these from @hdblueman's acquisition post. HDZeta is quickly becoming one of my new favorites (despite sometimes less-than-favorable marketing decisions, namely their 1-Click exclusives).

• Like 1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, nefilim said:

@atomicblonde those bulges (is that right word to use ??) could be glue to keep j-card in place. Dents are unfortunately dents. How was it was packaged ? I mean if those dents could have been caused in transit I would mention to seller that it was poorly packaged. If it was bullef proof only option is that those dents were already there...and again I would contact seller.

That's my 2 cents.

By the way - the movie is pretty sick puppy !!! LOL and it's kind of sequel. Do not remember the name of other movie but could find out if interested.

I can always count on you to know what's up!! I think you're right, majority of them look like bulges rather than dents now that you've described it to me. They packed it well so definitely not their fault if there are any dents. Looking at it now though it's really reassuring because they all look like bulges. Glad I freaked out for nothing! :P 

I LOVE this movie. I saw in a little indie theater back in 2011 or 2012 (can't remember when it came out right now) and I LOVED IT! I even got the books that they're based on (never read 'em though lol) and I bought the original movie Offspring. Gotta say though.. The Woman was AWESOME. Offspring was just garbage to me. I actually bought the copy I watched so I ended up selling it back to FYE (a movie/music selling and buying store) for like 99 cents lol. I just didn't want it in my house or anywhere near me!! But The Woman is great, probably gonna bust this baby open and rewatch it since I forgot to buy even a DVD or bluray copy all of these years so haven't watched it since my theater viewing!

12 hours ago, 45Caliber said:

As @nefilim said, the convex bumps could be from the glue, but I would be very leary from the concave ones. You may have jinxed yourself stating how lucky you've been. 1f614.png I don't have any Zavvis (yet), but I've read they can sometimes send them poorly packaged (like BB here, 1 of my shipped GotG2 showed up with the spine crushed!). I would contact the seller to inquire. In my experience they'll usually offer to refund even if they didn't initially offer returns. They don't want a claim filed or a bad rep and, in the end, the buyer has more power. Unless those dents were disclosed to begin with, EBay will force the refund by way of Buyer Protection.

I very much agree. I think I see one or two concave, debating if it's worth bugging the seller and/or doing a return or if I should just leave it be. Funny enough I've gotten maybe four steelbooks direct from Zavvi and they all came in pristine condition! Probably just jinxed myself though lol. I think I'm just gonna open it up and confirm my suspicions. I was gonna leave it be but if it's glue I don't want to return for nothing :P 

11 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

Yeah, that function 1f600.png I think it is one of the most useful tools ebay has. When you search an Item you always see so many prices and the ones on amazon are even higher 1f631.png, so it is actually quit interesting to see what they really go for. I was actually shocked when I saw the one for almost 900$. Since you wanted to open yours anyway and really wanted this item I think the deal is ok, now I really hope it arrives in perfect contion without any problem.

The John Wick Box is hugh, so I'm not suprised that shipping was high.

I actually wonder sometimes how I can keep up with the release madness from FA, with all the other premium releases from all the other retailers it is getting a little out of hand at the moment, so I really hope this will calm down soon.

It really is!! It helps me gauge how much they've been actually selling for as well as see if any items ended without being sold that I could message the seller and be like "do you still have this?" I've gotten some buys that way :D Yeah Amazon is AWFUL!!! And I was shocked too! I know this is the first FA and it's really short run but almost a grand for a bluray steelbook with nothing special other than what's included and of course the chance to say you have it... I won't ever pay more than maybe $700 for a single steel and even then that was again just for AASB. After this I am not going to pay any crazy prices again. I actually just got Elektra FA on eBay last night for less than $300 brand new and the guy actually lives near me. That was my only other super grail so thankfully it only goes down in price from here lol! I really hope so too, as this means a lot to me and I'm going to be super cautious about this one. I even plan to put the container of my steels in the car with me rather than the UHaul when I move out of state in March to ensure nothing happens!

I knoooow but I hated it ? I was already spending a little over $100 for the box and then the slowest shipping was almost the cost of the box ? It's worth it though, would rather pay that than the upcharged ones on eBay. 

I know!!!! So many announcements from Nova and FA and HDZeta right now alone, let alone Blufans and the like! My wallet is crying. I've actually almost maxed at least two of my credit cards. I'm truly in for it and honestly hope to god that we don't get anymore crazy announcements until later on.

11 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

@atomicblonde about the problem with The Woman. That is the one frustrating thing about Steelbooks, sometimes you think the item looks great but when you inspect it more closely dents can pop up everywhere 1f62b.png The stuff in the middle looks like glue, can you feel if there are any dents? Did the seller package the item carefully? I think depending on how much you paid I would ask for a partial refund.

They packaged the item very well! I think it's glue and I've felt the bulges and it seems like it could be glue. I'm just going to go ahead and take the wrapping off tonight to see if there are any dents or if it's all glue so I can let the seller know if there are any. You guys are super helpful!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 45Caliber said:

Phew! That was a lot of hunt & peck phone typing to have to recall. 263a.png

Better commit according to the info thread! Think I'll stick to the UE (maybe). I need the Rogue One 1-Click more.

Disney Movie Rewards! When you claim them for GotG2, got unlock these:

gotg2buttons1600x720heroa11501532226109.png.800caa7d613e6cc0ca2086a6320f6bf3.png

I meant to also comment on this in your previous post (as well as cut the reposted pics), but my edit timed out–that feature is not my friend. I was really impressed with these from @hdblueman's acquisition post. HDZeta is quickly becoming one of my new favorites (despite sometimes less-than-favorable marketing decisions, namely their 1-Click exclusives).

As you know we both committed and I'm so glad we did! I swear without GBs I would be a lost dog paying too much on eBay all the time!

Thank you for the info!! I see those in all of my Disney movies but I'm so laaaaazy I never redeem anything because I forget about it.

HDZeta makes some of the prettiest steelbooks!! That's exactly why I hopped on that Wonder Woman HDZeta one click SO quick lol! Consistent quality too which I really like. I actually ended up buying Passengers HDZeta as well since I've really been liking the look of it. Hopefully it'll be here soon! :D

11 minutes ago, atomicblonde said:

I think I'm just gonna open it up and confirm my suspicions.

If you get an ugly surprise, all is not lost. I sold my first 2 damaged GitS SBs and pretty much recouped my costs. I did the same for a Logan I got all busted up from Best Buy. There are definitely buyers out there who aren't quite as picky and who are just happy to get the steel (not sure who the real psycho is). As long as you disclose and there's interest.

• Like 1

Nabbed all of these from someone in a steelbook Facebook group! I paid 140 euros total for the four (shipping was free since I bought more than three steels), and then they threw in the brand new Gone Girl bluray as a total surprise for free! So sweet!!! This has been my favorite buy yet for sure. So great to find awesome collectors and the person I bought these from was truly super kind. So so happy, got such a good deal and some really hard to find copies :) Glad I have Ghost Rider because I have another title coming!!

IMG_4807.JPG

FullSizeRender (9).jpg

FullSizeRender (10).jpg

FullSizeRender (11).jpg

FullSizeRender (12).jpg

FullSizeRender (13).jpg

FullSizeRender (14).jpg

FullSizeRender (15).jpg

FullSizeRender (16).jpg

FullSizeRender (17).jpg

FullSizeRender (18).jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 45Caliber said:

@atomicblonde That Ghostrider is sick. I've wanted it since I saw it in someone's gallery here. 

Agreed!!! I think I found Ghost Rider on eBay first but thankfully my offer on one expired and I got it waaay cheaper through this nice person and it's brand new and sealed and everything! Ghost Rider is one of my favorite older Marvel films along with Elektra and Daredevil. The sequel was garbage though lol.

• Like 1

Also, totally forgot to list what they are! Sorry.

Ghost Rider Filmarena / Under The Skin Novamedia (not a steelbook) / Blue is the Warmest Colour 1st edition Plain Archive (not a steelbook) / I Saw The Devil PET Slip Plain Archive

And then just a regular ol' Gone Girl bluray courtesy of the sweet seller I bought from :P

Edited by atomicblonde
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

@atomicblonde that is another great order you got. And the price seems really good, congrats. The Ghost Rider Slip is terrific, not really a fan of the movie but that edition is simply 1f60d.png

Thank you!! I see it as a karma makeup for how much I've paid for some of my grails on eBay lately lol. The edition is TRULY one of a kind! Now that I own Ghost Rider and another Marvel title from FA is on the way, I'm gonna have to preorder The Punisher (it's also one of my favorite movies from back then, I miss that older era of Marvel) :P

One of my grails -- Elektra Filmarena -- has officially been captured in brand new condition and from someone who actually resides here in my state as well!! The seller was super nice and was willing to go down on price as he firmly believed that he would rather sell it to someone who deserves it rather than the highest bidder. It came today in some bulletproof packaging with the most bubblewrap I've seen next to Masterblaster's packaging lol! I also reaaaally wanted this copy of Passengers from HDZeta badly due to how awesome the lenticular is and due to my love of Jennifer Lawrence. 

All in all I'm very very happy!!! :D

FullSizeRender (19).jpg

FullSizeRender (20).jpg

FullSizeRender (21).jpg

FullSizeRender (22).jpg

FullSizeRender (23).jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

Congrats on securing another grail! Can you really call it personal grail when there are multiples? What's your true grail? SP Box? 263a.png

I'd say my true grail is definitely the Sucker Punch box set. And it's usually everyone's grail but I do really love As Above So Below. But if I had to pick only one steelbook (or steelbook set) for the rest of my life to own, it would hands down because Sucker Punch HDZeta! I want to open it up so bad but I'm trying not to since out of state move :( I'm really debating how much longer I can hold out on not opening it. Maybe I'll just buy some slips to cover the steels and bubblewrap for the box as a whole. I just don't think I can physically handle not opening it!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atomicblonde said:

I just don't think I can physically handle not opening it!!!

I say open it, then bubblewrap the hell out of it for the move. I like the slips, but they can sometimes be frustrating. With the BF Force Awakens DL I got, it's a little too tight in one size, and it's kind of swimming in the next size up. Also, I don't know what to do with the poster that comes separate (why do they have to have loose stuff? Better to put it all in a "Special Box" like the Manta Logan). With the poster it's too tight for the big slip and the next size up and for an FAC box. I guess sleeves are the best option in cases like that, but not as nice to display in.

1 hour ago, atomicblonde said:

it's usually everyone's grail but I do really love As Above So Below

I think I confused this movie with Catacombs and never watched it because I thought I'd already seen it.

Got these in the mail yesterday, just forgot to post them lol. Two from a seller on eBay and then the last one (Prisoners) direct from @STEELARCHIVE themselves! Thanks for making it possible! Now if only I can get the damned The Neon Demon Steelarchive copy in my collection! Sad though because I ordered Jurassic World FA AFTER I ordered a three pack of Jurassic Park 1-3 FA and that package has been held up in customs apparently (at least ISC New York) since the 20th. Really think they might be lost at this point since I've had two other packages go through the same ISC in NY within only 2-3 days. It sucks because I bought Jurassic World to match the others so if I don't get them what was the point of getting it? :( I paid a hefty penny too so all around the situation is sucky. Giving it maybe 2-4 more weeks and if it stays stuck in the facility I may just have to call it a loss and ask for a refund. But I want what I paid for, not a refund :( Sigh, I guess we'll see!

I still need to gather my Utah buys as well as some recent pick ups too but I'm being lazy. Maybe I'll do it while I'm procrastinating this week and while I'm going through my DVD/bluray collection to see what I want to sell off. In the meantime I'll be crossing my fingers Jurassic Park 1-3 magically shows up!!

Zombieland MondoCon / Jurassic World Filmarena / Prisoners Steelarchive (not a steelbook)

FullSizeRender (24).jpg

FullSizeRender (25).jpg

FullSizeRender (26).jpg

FullSizeRender (27).jpg

FullSizeRender (28).jpg

FullSizeRender (29).jpg

Edited by atomicblonde
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, atomicblonde said:

if only I can get the damned The Neon Demon Steelarchive copy in my collection!

This really is a grail at this point. The very limited run became even more limited and now it's through the roof (at least @Masterblaster indicated that I probably don't want to know the value and I believe he's right). Only wish I'd discovered MP when the GB first went live, would've been an instant buy for me.

I ordered a three pack of Jurassic Park 1-3 FA and that package has been held up in customs apparently

I don't have experience yet with something this big going through customs, but it may have just been flagged for that reason. Not everything that comes out of the Czech Republic is as innocent as a JP box set!

while I'm going through my DVD/bluray collection to see what I want to sell off.

I really need to do this too. I'm running out of display room for steels and this just simply won't do. At least some of the boring old amarays I've upgraded can now be responsibly recycled!

Edit: Nice hauls, btw! I could take that JW off your hands if you need me to. I only really like that and JP1 (JP3 a little, but the optical effects need some cleanup).

Edited by 45Caliber
ps
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, nefilim said:

@atomicblonde You know that Zombieland MondoCon slip has UV black light effect ?!

Yes I do know! :) It came with the mini blacklight for it, haven't messed with it yet though.

5 hours ago, 45Caliber said:

This really is a grail at this point. The very limited run became even more limited and now it's through the roof (at least @Masterblaster indicated that I probably don't want to know the value and I believe he's right). Only wish I'd discovered MP when the GB first went live, would've been an instant buy for me.

I don't have experience yet with something this big going through customs, but it may have just been flagged for that reason. Not everything that comes out of the Czech Republic is as innocent as a JP box set!

I really need to do this too. I'm running out of display room for steels and this just simply won't do. At least some of the boring old amarays I've upgraded can now be responsibly recycled!

Edit: Nice hauls, btw! I could take that JW off your hands if you need me to. I only really like that and JP1 (JP3 a little, but the optical effects need some cleanup).

Funny enough Masterblaster said the same when I mentioned I wanted As Above So Below Filmarena in my original list :P I actually technically have one on lock it's just the matter of being patient you know?? Lol. Just gotta remind myself the day will come!! And I feel that. I also wish I would've found it when the GB was going. Life seemed to be so much simpler then, lol. 

Maybe that is the case? When I posted in the USPS subreddit about it to get some opinions someone though I bought bootlegs and said to suck it up and wait since they were bootlegs and I saved money on them anyway. I corrected them and told them how much I paid and that they're steelbooks and honestly not super cheap. And I guess you're right!! I love spending my time reading the DarkNetMarkets subreddit in my spare time since I love reading people freaking out about their illicit overseas drugs in the mail probably being seized by the USPS or customs. Meanwhile I'm over here like THEY'RE STEELBOOKS not bootlegs or anything illegal! Please send them to me!!!! I wouldn't be surprised if I'm flagged though because I've had 2-3 packages ship from Canada, 2-3 ship from Czech Republic, 1 ship from Russian Federation, 2 ship from Germany, 1 ship from France, and 2-4 ship from the UK. I wouldn't even care if they took a peek, just get it out of customs already! Lol. 

I only have one duplicate amaray and that's of As Above So Below and I'm definitely not getting rid of it since the amaray is just as rare as the steel imho. Well a little less rare, but still very limited and very special to me! But I just really need to get rid of duplicates as well as stuff I really don't need. Hopefully I can get some decent money for it all!

And thank you!! Also that is the sweetest offer ever. I actually would've said yes because I absolutely am weird about matching sets, but I just heard back from the seller and he said this has been the norm for him and that if another 3-4 weeks pass without any movement, he'll send me another Jurassic Park set :D He offered me a refund too but I want the set more than I want my money back. I'm just grateful he had more of them and that I'm not gonna die inside now. So so grateful. Also, you are the sweetest and the best! One thing I gotta say about MP is I'm glad I met you! Always love our lengthy conversations and your kindness!! :D 

• Like 1

@atomicblonde Oddly enough, having all the movies in a franchise is the one thing I'm not obsessive about. If there's a sequel I didn't like, I don't really care if it's missing from the lineup; like the conspicuous absence that will be between my Cars 1 & 3 steelbooks. Yes, please don't die inside, that would be a loss felt by the whole community!

2 hours ago, atomicblonde said:

One thing I gotta say about MP is I'm glad I met you!

Awww, man. It's equally sweet of you to say that. You made me day. As I said before, your enthusiasm is infectious and I like hearing about what you've got coming and what you're after next, though I sometimes pretend curse you for forcing me to buy things that weren't on my radar!

• Like 1

Another big lot!! All of them except for one (Beauty and the Beast FA) came from an eBay seller from South Korea. I was supposed to get another package today but I took a nap thinking it didn't need to be signed for and of course it needed to be signed for apparently ? So I'll pick it up tomorrow when I drop off some packages. I think I might go out tomorrow and get away for a little bit anyway.

Oldboy Full Slip B Plain Archive / The Cabin in the Woods Slipcase (not a steelbook) / Kill Bill Vol. 1 Lenti Novamedia / Kill Bill Vol. 2 Lenti Novamedia / Kill Bill Vol. 1 Full Slip A Novamedia / Beauty and The Beast Filmarena

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

FullSizeRender (5).jpg

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

FullSizeRender (7).jpg

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

FullSizeRender (9).jpg

FullSizeRender (10).jpg

FullSizeRender (11).jpg

FullSizeRender (12).jpg

FullSizeRender (13).jpg

FullSizeRender (14).jpg

Edited by atomicblonde
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

@atomicblonde I think the Kill Bill FSs were the second premiums I had in hand and I love them. I'm wondering if BB's going to release a Cabin in the Woods Steel with the 4K coming out soon.

Best part is I only paid about $35 a piece for each Kill Bill :D I still want to get the vol. 2 full slip like the vol. 1 full slip, it's just the seller I bought from didn't have it in stock anymore. Maybe later! And god I HOPE so... If that ever happens or a premium happens please tag the crap out of me... That is one of my favorite movies hands down!! One time I watched it three times in a row in one day lol. I put it in the DVD player and it'd end and I'd just replay it again. I used to do the same for Knocked Up a lot ??