IGNORED

atomicblonde's latest arrivals

4 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

@atomicblonde

Great haul. I'm talking to a guy now to get an Alien at cost (he ordered 3) because I cancelled my preorder and like all BB steels lately, it's impossible to get now.

Yet again I'll have triple-dipped now on a movie I didn't love. The book in the Target digibook is pretty sweet, though,

Thank you!! I honestly wasn't planning on getting Alien from Best Buy after the Mantalab pictures were released and I signed up for the one click on that GB. I even didn't plan to get the Filmarena one whatsoever until they showed pictures of the steel and eventually the editions and I gave in. Same happened with this one! I just really like the embryo sort of design for some reason and that it's unique. :P I don't know how the deal is going but if you check eBay there are some that are only like $5-$8 over the original price (shipping included in that overage). I almost went for one because I'm super lazy but opted against it and now I'm glad I did since Kong was there and all. Unless the cheaper copies have sold out now that collectors know it's out of stock at Best Buy and rushed to buy it like me lol.

I'm triple dipping not even counting the plain bluray copy. But now I feel like an idiot because I didn't realize Target is doing a digibook and I just got a plain old slipcover copy at Best Buy today. A part of me is too lazy to bother returning it anyway haha. I hope you find a copy of the steelbook at a decent price though!! :D 

• Like 1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@atomicblonde

Deal done at $6 over cost. He even opened it for me and sent pics to make sure there weren't hidden dings (he wasn't afraid of trying to return it, if so) and he sent me the pics of the 3 sealed before that. I guess he found 1 in store before getting the 2 he ordered for shipping and they all looked good. At least the BB has the 4K, which isn't in the Manta or digibook. Here's the pics of that, btw. Watched it last night before opening.

• Like 1

Okay I received these in the mail earlier today and just opened them a few hours ago! Both from sellers on eBay, one in the US (on the Lara Croft lenti combo pack) and the other from South Korea (the PA Blue is the Warmest Colour). Neither of them are steelbooks but they're special editions and I prefer to keep everything in one place :P

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

image4.JPG

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

@atomicblonde great new finds, keep em coming ?

Thank you so much!! It means a lot to hear that :D I have PLENTY more on the way so I'll probably keep updating this as I go. Crazy to think how much my collection has expanded in the span of only maybe 2 weeks or so now! It's very nice to share finds with people who pop in and genuinely appreciate them! It's one thing I absolutely love about this hobby. :)

Another day another haul!! I still haven't taken pictures of the steelbooks from Utah but I'm being lazy lol (that and I think I'm gonna return a few due to quality of the steels and overexcited buys -- like why did I buy the Underworld pop art steels... they're so ugly and not even worth $9.99 a piece lol.. I'll hold out for a premium release and return these). I'll probably get to them eventually, but a pile of all of my new steels is growing!

Now onto my haul! I'll actually do a short lil list of info this time. Antichrist Lenticular (just a simple little special edition, not a steelbook) is from a seller on eBay. The Hostel steelbook is from Zavvi. The Shallows Black Barons, Krampus Filmarena, The Huntsman: Winter's War Black Barons, and As Above So Below Filmarena amaray are all from @Zeefy! And last but not least, my beautiful Gone Girl Blufans lenti is from @PRIAPISM :) 

Maybe the AASB Filmarena amaray will fill the void of me not having my biggest hope and dream steelbook wise aka the AASB Filmarena steelbook until my lucky day comes (if it ever comes) where I get to own the steelbook, too! One of my favorite movies easily. Just rewatched it the other day. Really going to treasure this AASB amaray, not even sure I'll even bother opening it.. At least not until after I move early next year so it doesn't get damaged! I'm also glad to get the Black Barons copy of The Huntsman: Winter's War as I have the 4K version from Best Buy and I'm not a big fan of it. Might sell it now since I really like the Black Barons better and don't really need a duplicate there.

Anyway I'm still VERY VERY excited and I still have SO many on the way... Keep hoping for more surprises, just very excited Zeefy's finally arrived as I just wanted to hold the AASB amaray so bad lol.

FullSizeRender (0).jpg

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

FullSizeRender (5).jpg

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

FullSizeRender (7).jpg

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

FullSizeRender (9).jpg

FullSizeRender (10).jpg

FullSizeRender (11).jpg

FullSizeRender (12).jpg

FullSizeRender (13).jpg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, nefilim said:

Awesome haul !1f44d.png

Thank you so much!!

46 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

@atomicblonde You're on a tear! I'm liking that Hostel. That's one of the problems on here, I see stuff I wouldn't have thought to look for that I now have to get. 

I have no chill... and a little too much spare change at the moment after the old house sold lol. I'm getting fairly down though so what's coming is probably what's left, aside from some extras from Masterblaster and then GB buys. And I'm the same way!!! I didn't even know a Hostel steelbook existed until I saw someone else's collection, and then found it while scoping out Zavvi's steelbooks. 90% of the buys in my latest haul and in general are from finding them in someone else's steelbook collection or "latest" steelbook thread and then I die inside. ? And today I got an eBay alert for "as above so below filmarena" and it was $299.00 brand new and I ran to eBay so fast ready to buy it now only to see it was the amaray I already have (and only paid about 75 pounds for) so I was over it lol. I actually got a few more steels in the mail today that I took pics of but forgot to send to myself, so you'll see more of my dum dum self not chilling in a few minutes here. ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, atomicblonde said:

and then I die inside

Love it, I mean not your actual dying inside, but the passion.

today I got an eBay alert for "as above so below filmarena" and it was $299.00 brand new and I ran to eBay so fast ready to buy it

After watching Guardians V2 I picked up Tues and being so impressed by how amazing it looks I so wanr to overpay for the Blufans version of the original to go with the new one, but I…must…be…strong…!

Cabin Fever from Zavvi while Mulan and Treasure Planet are both from a private sale on Facebook. Finally got both for very good prices instead of the crazy ones on eBay. Hopefully I'll find a mint Aladdin for a good price soon! :) 

Do you have feelers out on these private sales. Maybe I can find the GotG BF on Facebook. Love that Cabin Fever, btw. The only Disney steels I have are Cars and Cars 3 (on preoder) because my little one loves those characters so much. I did get quite a few of the standard blus for him, though; too many to list really, with a focus on the vaulted ones so he doesn't miss a window for when he might enjoy them!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

@atomicblonde nice new additions again. Good luck with finding AASB FAC. I actually did not like the movie, it is one of the films I actually don't want in my collection but need to keep it because I have the complete Filmarena collection 1f600.png

Thank you so much!! And actually I FINALLY found it and nabbed it!! They're starting to go for crazier prices and I got lucky and found a mint opened one on eBay as well as got Don't Breathe Filmarena from them too! It'll be on its way soon I can't wait to have it in my hands!!! And I know everybody likes complete collections, I'm starting to get that way about Filmarena for some random reason haha. ?

13 hours ago, 45Caliber said:

Love it, I mean not your actual dying inside, but the passion.

After watching Guardians V2 I picked up Tues and being so impressed by how amazing it looks I so wanr to overpay for the Blufans version of the original to go with the new one, but I…must…be…strong…!

Do you have feelers out on these private sales. Maybe I can find the GotG BF on Facebook. Love that Cabin Fever, btw. The only Disney steels I have are Cars and Cars 3 (on preoder) because my little one loves those characters so much. I did get quite a few of the standard blus for him, though; too many to list really, with a focus on the vaulted ones so he doesn't miss a window for when he might enjoy them!

Lol thank you! I have too much passion for this hobby and I JUST got fully immersed into it only a few weeks ago. I still haven't watched GotG vol. 2 yet. :( It's gonna be a blind buy for me until I'm able to rent it. But I have the original Best Buy GotG vol. 1 still sealed but I want to match my Blufans GotG vol. 2 that I'm inevitably getting.... but also I can't justify the prices currently. Maybe in January I'll reconsider. I skipped Nova's release purely because I knew I wanted Blufans GotG vol. 2! 

As for feelers, I post here and on another site saying I'm searching (though I'm only active here to be honest) and usually people reach out to me. Or on Facebook I just join steelbook sale groups and watch posts that come in! I saw someone selling a BF GotG 1/4 slip I think and maybe a Groot and Rocket lenti as well but both prices were well over the eBay prices even so it was pointless lol. I just wanted to get the Disney steels of my favorite movies only! I won't get like say Pinocchio or Frozen, etc. I've gotten the majority of my favorites aside from maybe Maleficent, Aladdin, and Brother Bear. I own so many Disney blurays too lol... I just can't help it. I have a thing for getting blurays with slipcovers so that's another "problem" I have lol. And that's so cute!!!!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, atomicblonde said:

I still haven't watched GotG vol. 2

I don't know if it was just my mood or what, but I actually found Vol. 2 to be more entertaining than the first. And yeah, it's just a stunner in high def. I don't have a 4K TV yet, but I can play the 4K discs on my Xbox & it downscales. They still look a bit better to my eye, maybe just because there's more information and less compression on the disc. This particular one jumps off the screen though (even the 2D). It's just incredibly vibrant. I can't even imagine how much it would pop with HDR.

I already wanted the BF V1, but now that I'm in the GB for V2, I have to have it. I got the Manta, but my OCD won't let it be enough. Manta has to come out with V2 now as well or I'll be askew. I do want the BF OC, but I don't want to have to also buy the expensive V1 single lenti and there's no full slip! …again, askew  

57 minutes ago, atomicblonde said:

I have a thing for getting blurays with slipcovers

Before steels, I was hitting multiple stores looking for slipped versions of movies I wanted or sometimes buying the slips for too much from slip scalpers. It was really just about making movies I particularly liked stand out more on the shelf. 

Then I realized that steels did this better and it wasn't too long before I discovered steels with slips (and booklets and cards and s*** too?!) Now I'm moving into one clicks and next, I suppose I'll be hiring the actors to stand in the corner and pantomime the action while I watch the movie…okay, maybe that's too much.

Oh, and if you redeem your DMR for Guardians 2 there's an offer for free (w. Shipping) character buttons—I have them coming. ?

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

@atomicblonde nice that you were able to get AASB so fast, cheaper than a sealed one but you still paid a lot ? Anyway you got a low number that is nice. Now I will wait for your post with pictures and excitement when you have received it ?I never planned to have a complete FA collection, but thanks to the help of our main Psycho @Masterblaster I was able to get the early ones and somehow ended up buying everything ?

Edited by extantsrevenge
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, hdblueman said:

@atomicblonde i love that Antichrist lenticular that you posted pictures of.  I haven't watched is it any good?  I loved Lars Von Triers - Melancholia

Might have to track one down.

It's one of those never watch again movies lol. Only reason I'm really not about seeing it again is the mutilation "She" does to herself at a point in Antichrist. I just thought this lenticular in particular was beautiful and one of a kind. Maybe one day I'll get through it again! But it's worth tracking down for sure. I think it was released by Nova? I found it by typing "antichrist lenticular" into eBay and made a best offer and got it. There's another one but it's $79.99 which is a little steep, especially for a non-steelbook. You'll find it in no time though I'm sure! :D 

5 hours ago, 45Caliber said:

Reveal hidden contents

I don't know if it was just my mood or what, but I actually found Vol. 2 to be more entertaining than the first. And yeah, it's just a stunner in high def. I don't have a 4K TV yet, but I can play the 4K discs on my Xbox & it downscales. They still look a bit better to my eye, maybe just because there's more information and less compression on the disc. This particular one jumps off the screen though (even the 2D). It's just incredibly vibrant. I can't even imagine how much it would pop with HDR.

I already wanted the BF V1, but now that I'm in the GB for V2, I have to have it. I got the Manta, but my OCD won't let it be enough. Manta has to come out with V2 now as well or I'll be askew. I do want the BF OC, but I don't want to have to also buy the expensive V1 single lenti and there's no full slip! …again, askew  

Reveal hidden contents

Before steels, I was hitting multiple stores looking for slipped versions of movies I wanted or sometimes buying the slips for too much from slip scalpers. It was really just about making movies I particularly liked stand out more on the shelf. 

Then I realized that steels did this better and it wasn't too long before I discovered steels with slips (and booklets and cards and s*** too?!) Now I'm moving into one clicks and next, I suppose I'll be hiring the actors to stand in the corner and pantomime the action while I watch the movie…okay, maybe that's too much.

Oh, and if you redeem your DMR for Guardians 2 there's an offer for free (w. Shipping) character buttons—I have them coming. 1f609.png

You don't have to spoiler in here if you don't want to just so you know. If it weren't my thread I'd maybe be like "hey we're getting OT let's continue in another thread" or something but since it's mine I don't care :P Thankfully I was able to open this spoiler in a separate tab so I could read what you said!

I wouldn't be surprised if the second volume is better though, truly. I also don't have a 4K tv yet but I probably won't be getting one any time soon because they hurt my eyes/head or something the few times I watched at a friend's house weirdly enough. I plan to rent GotG vol 2 from my local video store ASAP. Just depends on when it's returned inevitably lol.

I'm the same way on slips, I actually bought Cinderella (2015) in person but ended up buying it on eBay again shortly after since the one I bought from Best Buy was 1) more expensive and 2) had no slip whatsoever. I still make sure to get my newer bluray buys in slips (if they come in one) but otherwise I'm a little more indifferent now that I'm focused on steelbooks. I already have one one click paid for and I feel the GotG vol 2 Blufans not far away if I fancy the movie enough once I watch it. And LOL!

I have no clue what DMR is so I'm a dip lol. But WANT!

2 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

@atomicblonde nice that you were able to get AASB so fast, cheaper than a sealed one but you still paid a lot 1f602.png Anyway you got a low number that is nice. Now I will wait for your post with pictures and excitement when you have received it 1f44d.pngI never planned to have a complete FA collection, but thanks to the help of our main Psycho @Masterblaster I was able to get the early ones and somehow ended up buying everything 1f606.png

How do you know?! Did you search it and then sort to "sold/completed"? Lol, I do the same a lot. I was willing to pay as high as maybe $650-$700 TOPS (only that high for brand new unopened ?) and ONLY for this specific movie as a steelbook but nobody is being even semi-realistic anymore. Only lead I had on here never went forward and then I saw that a brand new copy sold for almost $900 and here I was thinking that one listed at nearly a grand that wasn't a joke was ridiculous... But people are actually paying it. Which is fine! But I finally decided I'm desperate and as long as there's no chips/dents and such I'm good. And thankfully the opened copy I bought was completely mint (as you probably know lol) so I'm happy! Especially since honestly I'm good about keeping them closed unless I watch or I'm really excited, but this one would've been ripped open immediately so no loss here. They just opened it for me ? I love that it's a low odd number, though truthfully I would've taken anything. It's also nice to say that I have it as I'm becoming really addicted to FA for some reason! Just splurged on getting the John Wick FA box from FA direct and good lord their shipping is RIDICULOUS... Paid I think $50 or $71 just for that box alone. Wanted to get far more but the shipping just kept climbing ? I'll get Get Out, The Punisher, and Assassin's Creed eventually, I guess. I don't even know how you keep up though! So many movies, so many editions, so little time and only so much money! ?

• Haha 1

A couple more that arrived in the mail yesterday, just forgot to post them earlier. Better do it now since I might be getting more in the mail today (Friday) and tomorrow lol.

Both are from eBay sales, got very good deals! The Woman steelbook (I'm guessing from Zavvi?) sealed and then a Resident Evil: The Final Chapter HDZeta steelbook sealed. The Resident Evil one is in absolute pristine condition, but for some reason The Woman looks REALLY beat up and dented on the back. I haven't even opened it or removed the stuff on the back and I can see at least 5-8 indentation marks on the back underneath the j card (am I using the phrase right? lol). I included a picture but I really need advice. I accept a couple of dents but I bought this brand new and it literally looks like someone pounded the back of it... Photo doesn't show ALL of the dents because the light reflects off of the wrapping, but I hope someone can see what I mean and advise me on whether I should bother the seller and/or keep it at all. I already left them a positive prior to noticing these dents but the dents are really throwing my OCD for a loop... Tags so I can get some second opinions on this dent thing (hopefully you guys can see it in the pic.. can try again later if you can't see any). Dents displayed in last pic @45Caliber @nefilim @extantsrevenge

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

FullSizeRender (7).jpg

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

IMG_4755.JPG

Edited by atomicblonde
  • Like 1

@atomicblonde those bulges (is that right word to use ??) could be glue to keep j-card in place. Dents are unfortunately dents. How was it was packaged ? I mean if those dents could have been caused in transit I would mention to seller that it was poorly packaged. If it was bullef proof only option is that those dents were already there...and again I would contact seller.

That's my 2 cents.

By the way - the movie is pretty sick puppy !!! LOL and it's kind of sequel. Do not remember the name of other movie but could find out if interested.

1 hour ago, atomicblonde said:

A couple more that arrived in the mail yesterday, just forgot to post them earlier. Better do it now since I might be getting more in the mail today (Friday) and tomorrow lol.

Both are from eBay sales, got very good deals! The Woman steelbook (I'm guessing from Zavvi?) sealed and then a Resident Evil: The Final Chapter HDZeta steelbook sealed. The Resident Evil one is in absolute pristine condition, but for some reason The Woman looks REALLY beat up and dented on the back. I haven't even opened it or removed the stuff on the back and I can see at least 5-8 indentation marks on the back underneath the j card (am I using the phrase right? lol). I included a picture but I really need advice. I accept a couple of dents but I bought this brand new and it literally looks like someone pounded the back of it... Photo doesn't show ALL of the dents because the light reflects off of the wrapping, but I hope someone can see what I mean and advise me on whether I should bother the seller and/or keep it at all. I already left them a positive prior to noticing these dents but the dents are really throwing my OCD for a loop... Tags so I can get some second opinions on this dent thing (hopefully you guys can see it in the pic.. can try again later if you can't see any). Dents displayed in last pic @45Caliber @nefilim @extantsrevenge

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

FullSizeRender (7).jpg

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

IMG_4755.JPG

As @nefilim said, the convex bumps could be from the glue, but I would be very leary from the concave ones. You may have jinxed yourself stating how lucky you've been. ? I don't have any Zavvis (yet), but I've read they can sometimes send them poorly packaged (like BB here, 1 of my shipped GotG2 showed up with the spine crushed!). I would contact the seller to inquire. In my experience they'll usually offer to refund even if they didn't initially offer returns. They don't want a claim filed or a bad rep and, in the end, the buyer has more power. Unless those dents were disclosed to begin with, EBay will force the refund by way of Buyer Protection.

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
4 hours ago, atomicblonde said:

How do you know?! Did you search it and then sort to "sold/completed"? Lol, I do the same a lot. I was willing to pay as high as maybe $650-$700 TOPS (only that high for brand new unopened 1f910.png) and ONLY for this specific movie as a steelbook but nobody is being even semi-realistic anymore. Only lead I had on here never went forward and then I saw that a brand new copy sold for almost $900 and here I was thinking that one listed at nearly a grand that wasn't a joke was ridiculous... But people are actually paying it. Which is fine! But I finally decided I'm desperate and as long as there's no chips/dents and such I'm good. And thankfully the opened copy I bought was completely mint (as you probably know lol) so I'm happy! Especially since honestly I'm good about keeping them closed unless I watch or I'm really excited, but this one would've been ripped open immediately so no loss here. They just opened it for me 1f602.png I love that it's a low odd number, though truthfully I would've taken anything. It's also nice to say that I have it as I'm becoming really addicted to FA for some reason! Just splurged on getting the John Wick FA box from FA direct and good lord their shipping is RIDICULOUS... Paid I think $50 or $71 just for that box alone. Wanted to get far more but the shipping just kept climbing 1f629.png I'll get Get Out, The Punisher, and Assassin's Creed eventually, I guess. I don't even know how you keep up though! So many movies, so many editions, so little time and only so much money! 1f602.png

Yeah, that function ? I think it is one of the most useful tools ebay has. When you search an Item you always see so many prices and the ones on amazon are even higher ?, so it is actually quit interesting to see what they really go for. I was actually shocked when I saw the one for almost 900$. Since you wanted to open yours anyway and really wanted this item I think the deal is ok, now I really hope it arrives in perfect contion without any problem.

The John Wick Box is hugh, so I'm not suprised that shipping was high.

I actually wonder sometimes how I can keep up with the release madness from FA, with all the other premium releases from all the other retailers it is getting a little out of hand at the moment, so I really hope this will calm down soon.

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

@atomicblonde about the problem with The Woman. That is the one frustrating thing about Steelbooks, sometimes you think the item looks great but when you inspect it more closely dents can pop up everywhere ? The stuff in the middle looks like glue, can you feel if there are any dents? Did the seller package the item carefully? I think depending on how much you paid I would ask for a partial refund.

• Like 1