IGNORED

atomicblonde's latest arrivals

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, atomicblonde said:

Since I'm in the process of building my steelbook collection, I thought it'd be best start a thread for my latest acquisitions as they'll probably come sporadically.

First one I've bought in awhile arrived today! Ghost in the Shell 4K Bluray Steelbook from Best Buy 1f60a.png

I can't seem to get a copy of this that isn't damaged beneath the j-card (gone through 3 now).

Edited by 45Caliber

12 hours ago, atomicblonde said:

Since I'm in the process of building my steelbook collection, I thought it'd be best start a thread for my latest acquisitions as they'll probably come sporadically.

First one I've bought in awhile arrived today! Ghost in the Shell 4K Bluray Steelbook from Best Buy 1f60a.png

image1.JPG

You got 4K gear in you home theater ?

On 8/11/2017 at 4:25 PM, 45Caliber said:

I can't seem to get a copy of this that isn't damaged beneath the j-card (gone through 3 now).

I inspected what I could see and got very lucky with no visible dents or marks on the front or the spine. I'm out of state right now but I'll get back to you on whether there's damage beneath the j-card or not. I'm hoping I get lucky because these and the regular bluray steel copy sold out once already and reappeared again recently.

On 8/12/2017 at 5:16 AM, nefilim said:

You got 4K gear in you home theater ?

Nope, and I don't have a home theater yet sadly. I'll probably work on setting one up when I make the move out of state early next year. But I picked up this copy because it was the last one left, no regular bluray steelbook for this one except the "check stores" option on Best Buy and it was out of stock for the 250 miles surrounding my zip code. No luck, I swear lol.

Alsoooo I have so many steelbooks on the way so expect many more posts, especially after I get home on Monday :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, atomicblonde said:

I inspected what I could see and got very lucky with no visible dents or marks on the front or the spine. I'm out of state right now but I'll get back to you on whether there's damage beneath the j-card or not. I'm hoping I get lucky because these and the regular bluray steel copy sold out once already and reappeared again recently.

Good luck! I'm still contemplating ordering more now that they're back in stock. It's a mission at this point!

• Like 1

Forgive the cruddy iPhone pictures (I'll take better pictures of the front and back of all four tomorrow hopefully) but I just got home from a 10 hour drive from Utah back to Arizona. Came home to these in the mailbox and it was very exciting!! Monsters Inc direct from Zavvi, the other three from a seller on eBay that had prices that were pretty awesome. I'm sure more are on their way this week, I'll be dying until my box from Masterblaster arrives :P 

image1 (1).JPG

image2.JPG

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, atomicblonde said:

More arrivals in the mail!! Lilo and Stitch Zavvi Lenti, Tarzan Zavvi, and Lady and The Tramp Zavvi! I'm dying inside though because tomorrow my package from Masterblaster should be arriving!! 1f601.png

I'll tell you, I've gotten so much stuff in bad shape lately from US retailers and EBay sellers, that it's a thrill to get those packages from @Masterblaster with the merchandise in pristine condition, packed as if it were a Fabergé egg. It's the difference of getting stuff from a fellow collector vs. a low wage warehouse worker or dirtbag scalper.

The main reason I was happy to get my card today is so I can give credit where it's due to the source of my newly prized acquisitions!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

I'll tell you, I've gotten so much stuff in bad shape lately from US retailers and EBay sellers, that it's a thrill to get those packages from @Masterblaster with the merchandise in pristine condition, packed as if it were a Fabergé egg. It's the difference of getting stuff from a fellow collector vs. a low wage warehouse worker or dirtbag scalper.

The main reason I was happy to get my card today is so I can give credit where it's due to the source of my newly prized acquisitions!

Really? :( I've gotten VERY lucky... Three out of the four I posted in the prior pic to the one above were from one (actually REASONABLE) seller on eBay. They bubblewrapped the life out of them and they were super awesome. Awesome enough that when I get money again later this week or early next week I'll probably buy a couple more from them. :P I have tons more on the way, I had to feed some scalpers their overpriced prices because I was desperate to get some newly found grails. I'm really hoping nothing comes messed up. I trust Mr. @Masterblaster with my items, it's a big reason why I took comfort in blowing nearly a grand with him this past week lmao... No judgement lol.... And he has more on hold for me that we're gonna sort out after he deals with forum software stuff :D I'll have to tag you when I get my shipment tomorrow, I already promised PRIAPISM that I'd tag him. I have some crazy grails on the way from another country too and I didn't have to spend a fortune... I have good karma on my side lately lol!

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★

@atomicblonde you should always buy where you feel comfortable BUT what you could do in the future .. is try a member here before ebay LOL

Once the module is up i promise you it will be amazing and simple to use , as simple as 1 2 3 .....

Take care

John

ps now im off to bed ... 

Just now, Masterblaster said:

@atomicblonde you should always buy where you feel comfortable BUT what you could do in the future .. is try a member here before ebay LOL

Once the module is up i promise you it will be amazing and simple to use , as simple as 1 2 3 .....

Take care

John

ps now im off to bed ... 

I know I know, it's totally my fault lol. But the Jurassic Parks from Filmarena were calling my name..... And I gave in LOL. 

In all honesty 90% of the time I just feel like pming you and just being like "do you have this? you do? of course you do. great, I'll take it. add it to the list and let's do this" lol.

And I can't wait! Sleep well by the way! :D

• ★ Administrators ★

i have some HDZ Tripack Jurrasic with the Stainless Steel plate on the front ... 

got proberbly JUST about ANYTHING BUT i am running lower and lower and lowwwwwer ... 

sure just shoot me a pm i can let you know if i have it... 

but i am very happy for you to see a collector get so wound up over the steels... its been quit some time since i have saw that from me LOL

Take care

John

27 minutes ago, atomicblonde said:

Really? :( I've gotten VERY lucky... Three out of the four I posted in the prior pic to the one above were from one (actually REASONABLE) seller on eBay. They bubblewrapped the life out of them and they were super awesome. Awesome enough that when I get money again later this week or early next week I'll probably buy a couple more from them. :P I have tons more on the way, I had to feed some scalpers their overpriced prices because I was desperate to get some newly found grails. I'm really hoping nothing comes messed up. I trust Mr. @Masterblaster with my items, it's a big reason why I took comfort in blowing nearly a grand with him this past week lmao... No judgement lol.... And he has more on hold for me that we're gonna sort out after he deals with forum software stuff :D I'll have to tag you when I get my shipment tomorrow, I already promised PRIAPISM that I'd tag him. I have some crazy grails on the way from another country too and I didn't have to spend a fortune... I have good karma on my side lately lol!

I'm glad for you, really. I think I've only bought 1 steel from Ebay and that was the damaged Ghost in the Shell (opened). Bought Cars SB from a 3rd party seller on Amazon and that was dented, but it was sealed with the original stickers and the dent was behind the j-card. The damaged stuff I've been getting from Ebay are CDs and DVDs scratched to hell and unplayable; sometimes shrinkwrapped and listed as new, but clearly used merchandise that was reshrunk. Even the retailers do this, which drives me nuts. You'll buy stuff new and the amaray case will be melted from the heat gun they used to reshrink it! Getting stuff from Amazon or Best Buy is always a gamble. This sucks for Best Buy steels because most are sold out on release day (like Alien this week). Amazon's merch is generally wider distro, but they're not real keen on returns with minor damage. I've read people blogging about getting their accounts locked for returning too many actually damaged items.

No judgement. I've said before, there are far worse addictions to have. I'd buy much more if I could, but too many other expenses of late and I stay under the radar (budget-wise) as long as I don't go too crazy. ? Yeah, please tag. I can live vicariously through your excited buys!

Edited by 45Caliber

18 hours ago, Masterblaster said:

i have some HDZ Tripack Jurrasic with the Stainless Steel plate on the front ... 

got proberbly JUST about ANYTHING BUT i am running lower and lower and lowwwwwer ... 

sure just shoot me a pm i can let you know if i have it... 

but i am very happy for you to see a collector get so wound up over the steels... its been quit some time since i have saw that from me LOL

Take care

John

You have pretty much everything ever and it's a big reason why I bother asking you first lol. I may update my wish list/looking for list frequently but part of me is always like "please let Masterblaster have it ?" (also will I ever call you John? Probably not considering I love saying "Masterblaster" out loud lol)

I get TOO wound up... I no joke cancelled an appointment for today purely because I knew my package from you with signature confirmation was coming and I didn't want to miss it LOL

MP started this craze for me!!

18 hours ago, 45Caliber said:

I'm glad for you, really. I think I've only bought 1 steel from Ebay and that was the damaged Ghost in the Shell (opened). Bought Cars SB from a 3rd party seller on Amazon and that was dented, but it was sealed with the original stickers and the dent was behind the j-card. The damaged stuff I've been getting from Ebay are CDs and DVDs scratched to hell and unplayable; sometimes shrinkwrapped and listed as new, but clearly used merchandise that was reshrunk. Even the retailers do this, which drives me nuts. You'll buy stuff new and the amaray case will be melted from the heat gun they used to reshrink it! Getting stuff from Amazon or Best Buy is always a gamble. This sucks for Best Buy steels because most are sold out on release day (like Alien this week). Amazon's merch is generally wider distro, but they're not real keen on returns with minor damage. I've read people blogging about getting their accounts locked for returning too many actually damaged items.

No judgement. I've said before, there are far worse addictions to have. I'd buy much more if I could, but too many other expenses of late and I stay under the radar (budget-wise) as long as I don't go too crazy. 1f601.png Yeah, please tag. I can live vicariously through your excited buys!

Amazon... is my worst nightmare lol. Got a brand new CD that came cracked recently. I'm an Amazon Prime member but I get nervous about the steelbooks. They have some Disney ones pretty cheap but I worry about packaging. That's terrible that people try to sell it as new when it's not!! And Best Buy IS a gamble. That's why my desperate self will be driving 20 miles to pick up the Alien: Covenant bluray steelbook along with the Transformers steelbook probably this Saturday lol. I already have them both on hold for me. I have a problem! Hahaha. And yeah I've heard that too, that's why I'm really glad I haven't gotten many damaged items or ill fitting items either.

Very true!!! I'd buy more too but I have limits and those limits are my credit card limits ?? Nah but I've gotten most of my most wanted, only really finding a few more and participating in GBs but otherwise I'm probably tapped out until Christmas time or January :P And thank you!! Everybody saying I'm wound up I'm glad you can tell my excitement because I really am just like !!!!! 90% of the time about everything. ?

17 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

@atomicblonde great additions, and nice to see you enjoy this hobby 1f601.png Now I'm also excited to see what you might get from @Masterblaster That must be an impressive haul.

Thank you so much!! ? I'm in love with this hobby as of late, I'm pretty much consumed. And now that you mention it!!! I'm going to make a separate post so the people I tag don't have to wade through this one :P 

I waited anxiously by the door today to ensure the mailman didn't try to run off without ringing the doorbell lol... And I finally got my most anticipated package from Mr @Masterblaster himself! @PRIAPISM @45Caliber @extantsrevenge and if I forgot anyone I'm so sorry!

My ultimate grail aka Sucker Punch boxset is officially mine along with many others I badly wanted to get my hands on :D The one that surprised me the most is the Cinderella Kimchidvd lenti.. the lenti is SO pretty and SO cool! I still can barely handle myself and I probably won't shut up about this one for awhile!! I love this site!!! And I included my new fancy MP card in my last Sucker Punch boxset picture ?

FullSizeRender (.JPG

FullSizeRender (0).jpg

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

FullSizeRender (5).jpg

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

FullSizeRender (7).jpg

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

FullSizeRender (9).jpg

FullSizeRender (10).jpg

FullSizeRender (11).jpg

FullSizeRender (12).jpg

FullSizeRender (13).jpg

FullSizeRender (14).jpg

FullSizeRender (15).jpg

FullSizeRender (16).jpg

FullSizeRender (17).jpg

FullSizeRender (18).jpg

FullSizeRender (19).jpg

FullSizeRender (20).jpg

FullSizeRender (21).jpg

FullSizeRender (22).JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

@atomicblonde That is a truly epic haul and congratulations on getting your grail! How do you top it? Only time will tell, I guess. 1f609.png

It makes me a little nervous when @Masterblaster says he has just about anything because my list continues to grow.

Thank you so much!!! ? I know exactly how I top it lol... I have two other massive grails and one I'm for sure getting from Masterblaster and another is... going to empty my pockets a bit I'm sure but if I can get my hands on it it'll be worth it and I'll probably be screaming about it in here lol.

And I know what you mean!! I already messaged him about a few more I became interested in and of course he had them ?  I'm kicking myself though because I stupidly bought Resident Evil: The Final Chapter HDZeta from eBay instead of asking John first. Could've gotten matching numbers for Passengers and Resident Evil if I knew ? And more money is surely going out the window VERY soon from me to him lol. Stay strong!!! And don't be my dumb self lol

• Like 1

Conversation:

1 hour ago, atomicblonde said:

Thank you so much!!! 1f49e.png I know exactly how I top it lol... I have two other massive grails and one I'm for sure getting from Masterblaster and another is... going to empty my pockets a bit I'm sure but if I can get my hands on it it'll be worth it and I'll probably be screaming about it in here lol.

And I know what you mean!! I already messaged him about a few more I became interested in and of course he had them 1f910.png  I'm kicking myself though because I stupidly bought Resident Evil: The Final Chapter HDZeta from eBay instead of asking John first. Could've gotten matching numbers for Passengers and Resident Evil if I knew 1f629.png And more money is surely going out the window VERY soon from me to him lol. Stay strong!!! And don't be my dumb self lol

Thought I'd try using a spoiler tag for in-thread conversation to save space. I may be scolded for misuse!

Now you have me in suspense over what your next grails will be. Your enthusiasm really is infectious. In truth, I haven't been that strong. I now have four different versions of Wonder Women on order and I'm still waiting to see what Manta comes up with. What's crazy is, I didn't LOVE the movie. I enjoyed it and thought it well made, but mostly I just really love the steel artwork. That's how you know you're hooked, when it becomes more about the packaging than the movie itself. I did reorder the BB one though because I can and other people will want it if I truly don't like it in-hand (it would be the only American version though, so I may keep one just for the digital copy. This morning I really had to fight myself against joining the Star Trek GB. I didn't like it nearly as much as the first 2, but that Blufans box is awesome. I did cave on the Spiderman OAB and I haven't even seen it yet! Most new movies are blind buys for me these days because I haven't been to the theater much. lately; I think twice in the last year (Rogue One & Wonder Woman). Anyways, I've heard good things and I'm sure BF will do an awesome job on that double lenti too. The great thing about blind buying steels is you're almost guaranteed to be able to make some money back if you don't like it. At worst, maybe your out what it would've cost to see it in a theater.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, atomicblonde said:

I waited anxiously by the door today to ensure the mailman didn't try to run off without ringing the doorbell lol... And I finally got my most anticipated package from Mr @Masterblaster

Amazing haul you got there :)

John is a legend yes. He helped out big time to get some of my high wants too.

MP frigging rocks 

• Like 2

Thank you all for such kind words!!! And MP DOES friggin rock. Can't imagine getting JW2 or Sucker Punch or Her or honestly ANY of the ones I got from John for even halfway decent prices anywhere else. It's all thanks to John! And I have so many in the mail from out of country that I'm dying while waiting for now lol.

I went steelbook shopping big time at two Best Buys in Utah (which I visited last weekend) but I haven't gotten around to taking pictures of those because I'm lazy, so I'll take pictures of those probably tomorrow or Monday. But for now here's my haul from one of the Best Buys I visited locally this morning. I had to drive about 20 miles away to pick up the last available copy of the Alien: Covenant steelbook I had held as well as the Transformers steelbook I had held at another Best Buy as well. I couldn't believe it because I found the Kong: Skull Island steelbook at one of them!! I have been checking the Best Buy page for it religiously to see if any stores within 250 miles had it whatsoever, and I even checked while I was in Utah if anywhere there had it (they didn't). But I got very lucky and as I went to check out, it was just sitting there (only one left) in the new releases section in the front and I grabbed it so happily! No eBay prices for me!!

All in all I'm very very happy because it seems both Alien: Covenant and Kong: Skull Island went out pretty fast. And I got some bargains on some of them too! ?

FullSizeRender (0).jpg

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

FullSizeRender (5).jpg

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

FullSizeRender (7).jpg

• Like 3