IGNORED

Terminator: Dark Fate

nefilim

Release Date : 2019

Cast : Linda Hamilton  , Arnold Schwarzenegger .

Director : Tim Miller

" Miller’s attention right now is on the resurrection of The Terminator franchise that he is teamed on creatively with creator James Cameron. That film is expected to start production next spring. Right now, they have a writers room with several scribes figuring out where to take the Skynet saga that Cameron hatched in 1984. The film is a major part of this week’s new deal between Paramount Pictures and Skydance. "

HERE

Firstly I think everyone needs to leave Arnold out of anything to do with a reboot . I think he is a true Legend in every way .

As AMAZING as he looks it will totally take the pee if hes back .

81 The Terminator was Terrifying and in 91 .

After that it went so wrong and so much could have been done with and around that universe , instead of cutting corners to make the story fit and become a sanitised version of the Future and Past .

8 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

Firstly I think everyone needs to leave Arnold out of anything to do with a reboot . I think he is a true Legend in every way .

As AMAZING as he looks it will totally take the pee if hes back .

81 The Terminator was Terrifying and in 91 .

After that it went so wrong and so much could have been done with and around that universe , instead of cutting corners to make the story fit and become a sanitised version of the Future and Past .

I agree.

But I'm afraid they drag him in no matter.

11 minutes ago, Viper0210 said:

They need to do a film with them fighting the machines in the future and destroy sky net.  Need some hks and endo skelet on terminators. 

That's what I said in some other thread. They have only teased it ! Full on war !

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

“This is a continuation of the story from Terminator 1 and Terminator 2. And we’re pretending the other films were a bad dream.”

We learned a whole lot about Tim Miller‘s (Deadpool) forthcoming reboot of the Terminator franchise earlier today, which will star Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton and serve as a direct sequel to Terminator 2.

The alternate timeline film, produced by James Cameron, will ignore all the other movies in the franchise.

But when can we expect it? Paramount just announced that the Tim Miller-directed Terminator film, which doesn’t yet have a title, will arrive on July 26, 2019!

The plan? To get the franchise back on track and launch a whole new trilogy that’ll mix iconic characters from the past with brand new ones.

A writers room for the film is currently assembled with David Goyer, Charles Eglee, Josh Friedman and Justin Rhodes and producer David Ellison, as well as Cameron.

• 5 months later...

Wish they would Come up with something new, really grinds my gears all these reboots and dragging franchises on till they ruin it, most reboots imo are a waste of time I want to see new ideas/concepts not another terminator film that will not stand up or come close to the original 2 we have had 3 since number 2 and they were all very poor efforts imo,  leave it alone James cam just leave it alone 

• Like 2

Awards

10 hours ago, Luvsteels said:

Wish they would Come up with something new, really grinds my gears all these reboots and dragging franchises on till they ruin it, most reboots imo are a waste of time I want to see new ideas/concepts not another terminator film that will not stand up or come close to the original 2 we have had 3 since number 2 and they were all very poor efforts imo,  leave it alone James cam just leave it alone 

Yup I agree. 

Awnold is Terminator and the move is iconic. 

Leave it alone and start something new.  

Just like Karate Kid.    

Should have been left alone.  ?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • ★ Administrators ★

New Terminator ? James Cameron involved ? I wonder what they come up with

David Ellison ...(story by)

Josh Friedman ...(screenplay by)

David S. Goyer ...(screenplay by)

Tim Miller ...(story by)

Billy Ray ...(screenplay by)

Justin Rhodes ...(screenplay by)

6 people involved in the story, that is a lot, but David Goyer is great ?

• 11 months later...

Was looking around for a thread for the new Terminator: Dark Fate movie and didn't see one, but it seems this thread is in reference to it. 

@extantsrevenge @Scary Hair @deckard99 could one of you or another staff member maybe edit the post title to reflect the official movie title? 👍

Release date has been moved to November 1st, 2019 as well it seems.

Anyways, here's the trailer and official poster:

MV5BMTUwNWI2ZDQtODRjNy00OGE1LThlNGEtYzU2

Edited by Sheikah
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awards

5 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

@Sheikah @deckard99

updated thread header

I have to say I'm a little err where is John Conner ??

or Did Emilia Clarks Sarah Conner Pop out a girl in this timeline 🤔🤔

It is definitely confusing but I found this link which takes a stab at what's going on in this latest movie...

LINK

• Thanks 1

Awards

30 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

It is definitely confusing but I found this link which takes a stab at what's going on in this latest movie...

LINK

I have a feeling thire will be some pseudo Sci Fi  explanation that will either 

crash and burn IF the movie is poo 

OR

Be accepted by everyone apart from hard core fans 

Fact is for me none of the sequels have ever managed to get any way near  The Terminator and Judgement Day .

The sequels OK as stand alone brain in neutral  watch .

All lack the finesse and craft of the first two movies .

Part of me IS hoping that Dark Fate bucks the sequel trend  ❤😁

• Like 2