IGNORED

First Steelbook..

E-Film

I don't recall my very first steelbook I purchased.. but I do know it was before Blu-Ray was out.. it was a DVD Steel. Thanks for the topic.. this makes me want to go home and go through my whole movie collection to reorganize and see exactly what i have. I do have a pretty good recollection of my library but it would be nice to reorganize or just look back at what i have. I do know I own almost every version of Fight Club including the Steelbook DVD which was one of my first. Love that flick! Anyhow.. i shall go though the library this weekend (need to make the time) to find out if i can remember what was the first Steelbook i purchased. Which was the one that started the whole Steelbook passion for me. The latest in the Steel collection actually arrived today at work.. The Game 20th Anniversary edition, with Michael Douglas  from Zavvi. It looks amazing with the embroising cover.. i dare not open it.. yet.

21 hours ago, E-Film said:

I don't recall my very first steelbook I purchased.. but I do know it was before Blu-Ray was out.. it was a DVD Steel. Thanks for the topic.. this makes me want to go home and go through my whole movie collection to reorganize and see exactly what i have. I do have a pretty good recollection of my library but it would be nice to reorganize or just look back at what i have. I do know I own almost every version of Fight Club including the Steelbook DVD which was one of my first. Love that flick! Anyhow.. i shall go though the library this weekend (need to make the time) to find out if i can remember what was the first Steelbook i purchased. Which was the one that started the whole Steelbook passion for me. The latest in the Steel collection actually arrived today at work.. The Game 20th Anniversary edition, with Michael Douglas  from Zavvi. It looks amazing with the embroising cover.. i dare not open it.. yet.

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure you cannot wait for Manta's Fight Club release !!!

My very first steelbook was EVIL DEAD, the new version. I saw the movie at the big screen and then discovered that existed already a special edition market that I never heard of before. I was already buying bluray discs and had a good amount of dvds and before that the old vhs.

When eventually Evil Dead steelbook was released on the US market I founded a store where it was possible to import and so, there it was...my very first steelbook that soon became an addiction.

Awards

• 1 month later...

My very first steelbook many years ago was a dvd of  Moulin Rouge!! At the time I thought it was ingenious but didn’t actually realise it was a ‘steelbook’. I think back then they were referred to a just metal packaging ...

since then I have upgraded to Blu-ray thankfully and now own Moulin Rouge Blu fans steelbook in all its embossed glory , with the lenticular slip case :) 

But I’ve kept the old dvd steelbook too (its flat with no fancy embossing) - can’t bare to part with that either  as Moulin Rouge is one of my top ten favourite films of all time. 

• 2 weeks later...

i think my first steel was still a dvd steelbook, davinci code i believe, but ive been collecting dvd digipack for sometime before blurays became so popular. But my first bluray steel was the first avenger, bought it in a store and i found it so apealing i had to get it?, and i had not seen the movie at that point. one of my fav steels  i own until this very moment, and i love the movie:D

Archived