IGNORED

Ghostbusters Ultimate Collection 8-disc Boxset (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital) [USA]

ShadowWarrior

2 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

So the Ghostbusters Ultimate Edition was released today and the reviews are in...... and it's getting a slating.

I'm so glad I held off spending £150 on the UK 🇬🇧 version...

It turns out the one we got over here in the UK 🇬🇧 is flawed compared to the USA 🇺🇸 edition for several reasons......

No slips on ameray cases, cardboard box is flimsy and not made of plastic or metal as hoped. But the biggest let down is the fact it doesn't have the green led lights inside the box to light it up..... (see the pic @Hecko posted above for reference)

62819749_Screenshot_20220131-195329_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.eb42c0e8f91db620ae3839d12a936c3d.jpg

Now this in my opinion is still a nice set thanks to the extras but at £150 it's way overpriced. I hope it doesn't sell well and that the price drops soon. I would pick this up if it drops to between £60 to £75

Here's a unboxing video so people can see for themselves. If your gonna buy this the USA one is the one to go for!!!

F.Y.I @Hecko, @Pbsw23, @Fortis93

USA edition 👇

Uk 🇬🇧 edition 👇

I mean to be fair, this is zavvi we're talking about 😆 

• Haha 5

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

So the Ghostbusters Ultimate Edition was released today and the reviews are in...... and it's getting a slating.

It turns out the one we got over here in the UK 🇬🇧 is flawed compared to the USA 🇺🇸 edition for several reasons......

No slips on ameray cases, cardboard box is flimsy and not made of plastic or metal as hoped. But the biggest let down is the fact it doesn't have the green led lights inside the box to light it up..... (see the pic @Hecko posted above for reference)

62819749_Screenshot_20220131-195329_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.eb42c0e8f91db620ae3839d12a936c3d.jpg

Now this in my opinion is still a nice set thanks to the extras but at £150 it's way overpriced. I hope it doesn't sell well and that the price drops soon. I would pick this up if it drops to between £60 to £75

Here's a unboxing video so people can see for themselves. If your gonna buy this the USA one is the one to go for!!!

USA edition 👇

Uk 🇬🇧 edition 👇

Haha absolutely shameful how they can charge that price and change a lot of the stuff we get. I’m glad I didn’t get it would of definitely been p****d about it. I don’t see it selling well never did at that price. It’s got to drop on price by a lot for me to even think about it now.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, FlanInTheFace said:

My dream premium is for Ghostbusters. I’ve got this on route from Target, should be here tomorrow or Wednesday! It’s definitely overpriced, but that UK price is absolutely ridiculous! That edition doesn’t even light up:/

It’d be cool to get a nice UHD Club set for the first one at least. I’m sure lots of people would jump all over that.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tag @RileyLad 👍🏼

giphy.gif

Well… if it’s Zavvi, it’s Lavvy . 😂

It was always going to be flimsy cardboard. For those guys…

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

100% needs a proper trilogy premium release. I’d quite fancy a Nova release. They did a noice job with the John Wicks.

UHD would be a pass for me @Wtd but yeah you’re right, a lot of peeps would cream themselves for that! 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, RileyLad said:

USA edition 👇

Uk 🇬🇧 edition 👇

Thanks for the heads up, mate.

I was actually worried about this and wondered if the US would get the "better" edition.

It's the usual stitch-up.

I'm glad I cancelled my pre-order. I'm not spending that amount of money on such rubbish.

I'll also be waiting for the price for the U.S. set to go down. I doubt it will be one of those editions to be sold out anytime soon.

And yes, we need some premiums for this set. I can't believe we don't any yet.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

also be waiting for the price for the U.S. set to go down. I doubt it will be one of those editions to be sold out anytime soon.

Sorry to pi$$ on your chips mate but I read on Social media today that the U.S set had sold out. Just been and had a look online and can confirm that's the case.

446899724_Screenshot_20220201-205701_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.6cef21bf51e66008f8ac2ae23509b0d1.jpg

Fingers crossed they get a re-stock but I won't hold my breath. Also if it does come back in I think there's quite a few people after it as the words out that this US one is the one to buy. They scalpers are all over it on ebay mate. People asking for £300 plus postage 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RileyLad said:

Sorry to pi$$ on your chips mate but I read on Social media today that the U.S set had sold out. Just been and had a look online and can confirm that's the case.

446899724_Screenshot_20220201-205701_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.6cef21bf51e66008f8ac2ae23509b0d1.jpg

Fingers crossed they get a re-stock but I won't hold my breath. Also if it does come back in I think there's quite a few people after it as the words out that this US one is the one to buy. They scalpers are all over it on ebay mate. People asking for £300 plus postage 🤦🏼‍♂️

Ah, damn.

It looks like it's still in stock on Amazon US, but they're charging $245 USD.

It's robbery.

• Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

Yeah, I was kind of hoping they would have used the wrong image like Zavvi did when the set was initially up for pre-order.

At that price it's a huge gamble mate. One I won't be making...

vSY1KgWZke6Os.gif.25a1ee19cd1addd51afd66204729a646.gif

But if it came in .....

nIM0pmYCPZ11S.gif.def771ab930b138bdc76293da2c87ecb.gif

Good luck to anyone who's brave enough to take a chance on it.

3o72FeJnjfZZ31WjBu.gif.90a4f485c7b01dddf3eba009281f7d70.gif

Edited by RileyLad
  • Like 5