IGNORED

What is your username & avatar all about ?

nefilim

14 minutes ago, Chandeskee said:

My name comes from my real life name Chandler. It just sorta came to me. My profile picture is a profile still from a short film I released recently called Deception Island. It's a sort of teaser/supliment in between a trilogy of comedic mockumentaries and the next film I plan to shoot in the Winter that will wrap everything up (and hopefully be my first feature length film). This is the playlist for what I've done so far.

🥤🤠 nice to have you as one of us @Chandeskee... WOW 😳 you even film 🎞! :)

Joining Welcome Home GIF

Introduce yourself to all of us here also:

Member Intro

Come On Over GIF by Nick Drake

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My username stems from an 80s zine by Melinda Jaeb. It’s actually titled Witness to the Bizarre but on other accounts it sometimes doesn’t fit so I just shorten it to this.

Anyways, I only found out about it cause MGMT’s album Little Dark Age uses the artwork from one of the zines. There were 3 issues I believe and they used the second issue’s cover of what appears to be a screaming clown? Similar to The Scream by Edvard Munch.

currently don’t have an avatar but I’ll probably get one soon.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2017 at 8:58 AM, nefilim said:

Pls tell us a little or everything about your username and avatar.

Hello everyone.  Trying to learn how to navigate the website so please excuse me. 😀 No avatar as of yet. Username is a nickname that was given to me in high school and college because of my leadership and skillset on the football field. Glad to be here. I recently spent $3,000 on Shaw Brothers out of print Martial arts movies and special edition blu rays and steel books because I'm passionate about both..Thank you 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, General Lee said:

Hello everyone.  Trying to learn how to navigate the website so please excuse me. 😀 No avatar as of yet. Username is a nickname that was given to me in high school and college because of my leadership and skillset on the football field. Glad to be here. I recently spent $3,000 on Shaw Brothers out of print Martial arts movies and special edition blu rays and steel books because I'm passionate about both..Thank you 

🥤Howdy @General LeeI’m so glad you found us here at MP, a warm Welcome my friend!😊🤠😇🙏

I hope your stay here will be a fun and enjoyable one for you!! 😉

Please get to know our Group Buy (GB) rules to help you out on our site a little better HERE: MP Group Buy Rules (Updated 08.03.21):)

I’m a collector too that started w/Best Buy/Target exclusives that really got me into the Premium editions (I started way back though  & gradually upgraded from VHS to DVD to BD to 4K oh my 🤣). then I was fortunate to find out about this terrific forum MP from another forum I followed & MP took over my #1 place since March ‘19 hey 👋 

collector GIF

Here are some nice threads, have a look around here:

https://mediapsychos.com/forum/70-steelbook-group-buys/

https://mediapsychos.com/forum/71-other-media-group-buys/

Also when you get your goodies, if you want to, post them here: 

I’m who is referred to as the “consigliere” on MP and the Ol’ American guy 😆 (Ol’ Veum is me) because I do enjoy communicating with all the peeps!😊

al pacino GIF  old statler and waldorf GIF

Hold fast to your wallet as your money will be spent quite a lot lol!😜

No Money Confused Travolta GIF

If you ever need any help just tag a Head Psycho, Staff or one of us Guardians like this @Veum (make sure you use the @ plus the members name you want and make sure you use the @ w/the pinkish/red as it gets our attention!). 😁

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Mine is weird. 

The Joker is easy to explain as The Dark Knight is my favorite film of all time. I’m a Batman fanatic!!!

Damships…when I was younger my sister went to Hoover Dam. She got me a shirt that said “dam ships”. Like ships at a dam…but just double meaning for “damn ships”. I thought it was funny and use it for all my usernames now. 😂

• Like 2

Awards

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★

Pretty boring here…Gary K is my actual name and for now I just uploaded a recent pic my wife took of me on vacay.  

still trying to figure out how the site works but eager to participate and join in on group buys.  I’m an avid collector.  

Edited by Gary K
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gary K said:

Pretty boring here…Gary K is my actual name and for now I just uploaded a recent pic my wife took of me on vacay.  

still trying to figure out how the site works but eager to participate and join in on group buys.  I’m an avid collector.  

🥤🤠 howdy @Gary K yeah some days are 😑 you can still have fun! :)

Here are some interesting things you might want to follow:

Steelbook Release Topics

Notice of Groupbuy In Update Phase Thread.....

GROUP BUY - News & Infos

Release News, Beauty Shots, Group Buys & Info

Show Your Last Received Steelbook or Special Edition

English Room

Member Intro

goose_3387 Signatures/Banners powered by MP

Movie Talk

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey all, nice to meet you! 

I really can't remember where Vasilas came from but it's been my gamer tag for as long as I can remember. My profile picture is "Password into Moria" by Ted Nasmith who is an awesome artist. I'm obviously huge into Lord of the Rings, but I love all kinds of movies. I've been collecting steelbooks for about 5 years now. I'd say I probably have between 100-200, although I've never bought a premium. I look forward to talking with you all about movies and collecting! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi 👋!

My username relates to one of my favourite symphonies and Avatar is the product photo of the forthcoming The Lost Boys 4K Steelbook set. Can’t wait! 

My cover photo is of the Apollo 13 in Concert experience which features James Horner’s terrific music performed live to picture!

Looking forward to chatting with you all here.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hello I'm new here. I came up with my username because I used to be a really big fan of Star Wars and always liked ewoks and wanted something fancy and comical sounding so I put sir to make it sound like a fancy proper name and McYubNub as a play on McLovin from Superbad. My profile pic is a photoshop image of my old steam profile pic I did for Halloween. 

Edited by Sir.EwokMcYubNub
typo
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 1:14 AM, Sir.EwokMcYubNub said:

Hello I'm new here. I came up with my username because I used to be a really big fan of Star Wars and always liked ewoks and wanted something fancy and comical sounding so I put sir to make it sound like a fancy proper name and McYubNub as a play on McLovin from Superbad. My profile pic is a photoshop image of my old steam profile pic I did for Halloween. 

Excellent name - I love it!

ewok GIF

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

doud is a diminutive of doudou, which is a French nickname for Edouard.
My avatar comes from an illustration by Yō Yoshinari depicting the remains of Astro Boy merging with nature. My cover art is a still from On Your Mark by Hayao Miyazaki, captured from the digibook release which is a cornerstone of my collection.

Edited by doud
  • Like 3

On 8/25/2022 at 1:14 AM, Sir.EwokMcYubNub said:

Hilarious.  Best portmanteau name ever!

I started dj'ing when I was 13.  A breakbeat is typically the drum breakdown of a track.  You spin that break over and over while someone rhymes to the live sampled funky beat.   Thus . . . a breakbeatDJ.

As you can guess, I have been collecting records foreva!!!  I'm a pretty advanced vinyl collector and am super interested in the similarities and differences between steelbook/specialEd blu-rays and vinyl collecting.  I've already discovered some amazing stuff.  The artwork is sick sick sick on some of these releases, like album art, only more steely and sturdy!  

Also, I'm a real movie lover.   I got soooooo burned out on vhs, laserdisc, DVD, re-buying, I gave up.  These steelbooks feel like endgame to me.  The fire is lit.   

Very cool community from the surf time on here, looking forward to more.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My username is based on the fact that my name is Tom and I love the Tron franchise haha.

My profile picture is of Winslow / The Phantom from Brian De Palma's Phantom of the Paradise. I utterly love that film, and sort of hope to see it on the big screen one day and hopefully see someone make a cool premium or collectors edition for it.

• Like 2

I probably should have posted in here a long time ago...

Guy Incognit0 is the name of a Simpson's character who looks a lot like Homer Simpson. I was trying to come up with a new handle for something else when this episode came on. I liked it, decided to use it, and it has stuck. Why the zero instead of "o"? The name was taken with the "o" so I switched it up to a zero.

I'm a creative fella...

homer simpson GIF

Edited by GuyIncognit0
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks @ukade2327, @Benoit46, @Scary Hair, @bossjon, @cypheria078, @CAYENNE-FAHRER & @Reagh for the warm welcome!

I've always admired George Clooney, seeing him as one of the last great "movie stars" in the classical sense.  This was further solidified once he decided to try his hand at directing and blew away all of my expectations with "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" and then came back with one of my favorite films of all time "Good Night and Good Luck", nabbing 6 Oscar and 4 Golden Globe nominations.  And while "Out of Sight" wasn't his first film, I feel like it's the first where we truly see him as a movie star.  Plus, the film is infinitely rewatchable: breezy, funny, snappy dialogue and a killer soundtrack to boot.

His character is Jack Foley, so I decided to take that on as my username and Avatar......oh, and I love James Bond as well.  I'm now at a point where more often than not, the name "JackFoley" has been taken so I've simply defaulted to adding 007 to the end.

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, JackFoley007 said:

Thanks @ukade2327, @Benoit46, @Scary Hair, @bossjon, @cypheria078, @CAYENNE-FAHRER & @Reagh for the warm welcome!

I've always admired George Clooney, seeing him as one of the last great "movie stars" in the classical sense.  This was further solidified once he decided to try his hand at directing and blew away all of my expectations with "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" and then came back with one of my favorite films of all time "Good Night and Good Luck", nabbing 6 Oscar and 4 Golden Globe nominations.  And while "Out of Sight" wasn't his first film, I feel like it's the first where we truly see him as a movie star.  Plus, the film is infinitely rewatchable: breezy, funny, snappy dialogue and a killer soundtrack to boot.

His character is Jack Foley, so I decided to take that on as my username and Avatar......oh, and I love James Bond as well.  I'm now at a point where more often than not, the name "JackFoley" has been taken so I've simply defaulted to adding 007 to the end.

Really nice evaluation of Clooney.  I'm a big fan as well.  I think he'd get a lot more cred if he weren't so charming and funny.  But I agree, he has that movie star thing going on.

Uh, . . . "Out of Sight"?  Nah, Facts of Life as George Burnett!!  Crazy subtle performance.

image.png.6f991490dae6aedbbae74b5a05853077.png