IGNORED

Manta Lab The Matrix Resurrections (Manta Lab Exclusive #48) (WEA 4k UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

R1s1ngs0n

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There doesn't seem to big a lot of interest in this title.  I know a lot of people didn't like this last movie in the franchise.  I thought the movie was OK, but got the one click so I eventually have the full set. 

Edited by MM3
  • Like 3

Awards

il y a 10 minutes, MM3 a dit :

There doesn't seem to big a lot of interest in this title.  I know a lot of people didn't like this last movie in the franchise

We can say it's not the best movie for all Matrix movies, there was so expectation before the release, and a big disappointment after.

But there is maybe another reason ... perhaps people don't like the new strategy MLAB ... making only 2 editions and an item

This item (only 10cm) seems really cheap for this realase compared to the item in Dunes One-Click. 

As long as the materials will cost a lot , I guess we'll get less editions for Box ... even Hdzeta made 2 edtions for "BvS". 

The paper, the ink ... are materials with higher price than before the Covid crisis. 

• Like 2

Awards

Following up a classic movie is difficult, much less 20 years later and after not great sequels (some solid parts within them though). I love that Lana took WB's money and spent half the movie telling them to stop using inappropriate language themselves and then spent the rest of the movie undermining some of the toxic reactions to the original. I'm not going to say I loved the movie. I'm not even sure that's possible after all that's happened. But I enjoyed it and appreciate the messages Lana was working with. Having said that, I'm a bit tapped out at this moment so I'll probably wait and hope there is still a spot open when I have more funds available. 

• Like 3

On 5/8/2022 at 4:56 AM, vinny91 said:

Steelbook is nice but most I'm not a fan of this movie !

Don't like it enough for buying premium edition ... I'll wait for the first Matrix instead !

Honestly, I kinda just want that glow in the dark cat... especially if it somehow had the scrolling Matrix code  😁

As much as I've been a passionate student of the Matrix (even had t-shirts made), the two sequels were so devoid of the original philosophy that I now have only the first release in Zavvi 4K steelbook and the recent TOC 4K renditions; however people love collecting for so many reasons that there's always value in these sets.

I can't comment on this 'reboot' as I would never entertain it myself, but it's all good. 😊

Edited by Nerdist22
  • Like 2

Il y a 2 heures, Nerdist22 a dit :

As much as I've been a passionate student of the Matrix (even had t-shirts made), the two sequels were so devoid of the original philosophy that I now have only the first release in Zavvi 4K steelbook and the recent TOC 4K renditions; however people love collecting for so many reasons that there's always value in these sets.

I can't comment on this 'reboot' as I would never entertain it myself, but it's all good. 😊

I always think about one thing .... with all those collector fan for premium editions, do they buy mainly editions for movies they like or collectors people do buy everything (even movies they really did not like) ?

in my case, I can't buy a premium edition for a movie I really did not like.  With Matrix 4, I just bought the Zavvi steelbook, that's it. 

• Like 1

Awards

On 5/19/2022 at 9:44 AM, vinny91 said:

I always think about one thing .... with all those collector fan for premium editions, do they buy mainly editions for movies they like or collectors people do buy everything (even movies they really did not like) ?

in my case, I can't buy a premium edition for a movie I really did not like.  With Matrix 4, I just bought the Zavvi steelbook, that's it. 

That's a great question vinny91 and I'm sure there are many collectors who'll buy everything that moves, but speaking from personal experience, I made the decision a long time ago to first ask if I really valued the film enough to celebrate it with a premium release or even a steelbok release?

A great example is my German Blood Father LE blu-ray steelbook, which I decided to buy despite one of the actors letting down the film, but thank fully Mel Gibson was impressive enough to tip the scales in favour of a purchase...😊

Edited by Nerdist22
  • Like 4

Matrix Resurrections & No Time to Die, are the worst movies in the beginning of this year (IMO)

First time, I see a title on pre order still available on MLAB ... that's a proof it's a big disappointment ...

really hope they'll think about their strategy, the item is maybe not what's fans are expecting.

• Sad 2

Awards

26 minutes ago, vinny91 said:

Matrix Resurrections & No Time to Die, are the worst movies in the beginning of this year (IMO)

First time, I see a title on pre order still available on MLAB ... that's a proof it's a big disappointment ...

really hope they'll think about their strategy, the item is maybe not what's fans are expecting.

I enjoyed No Time to Die immensely and Matrix Resurrections is still to be seen! 😉 

• Like 4