IGNORED

Manta Lab The Suicide Squad (Manta Lab Exclusive #51) (WEA 4k UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

R1s1ngs0n

• ★ Administrators ★
12 minutes ago, scohenmarinetech said:

Genuinely my favorite superhero movie from the past few years. In terms of technical craft, The Suicide Squad far excels anything you’ll see in most of the latest MCU output, especially Thor: Love and Thunder.

It’s a rare superhero film that actually feels directed, with visual ideas that greatly benefit the whacked-out, frenetic storyline. I wouldn’t liken it to Deadpool because it doesn’t try as hard for your attention, nor is it as irreverent. This is a movie with actual characters with actual character arcs and payoffs, both emotional and physical. It’s a wonderful thing.

Great take.  I only likened it to Deadpool in the “R” rated hyper violence.   Thst said I do think Gunn brings an irreverence to the film but without the 4th wall mugging I’d Deadpool (which I also like in another way).   

I agree though it’s a first class top of the heap superhero film. 

• Like 3

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Sidewinder said:

Wow that's a glowing review! I'll try and see if I can watch it before I commit to buying a premium of it 🙂

As a man who’s currently signed up in the CM GB and will be getting the OC of the Manta Lab version, it gets my highest recommendation. 

…and if you’re interested at all in Troma films, this is exactly what happens when you give a talented Troma filmmaker a ton of money and creative freedom.

• Like 3

Awards

1 minute ago, Gary K said:

Great take.  I only likened it to Deadpool in the “R” rated hyper violence.   Thst said I do think Gunn brings an irreverence to the film but without the 4th wall mugging I’d Deadpool (which I also like in another way).   

I agree though it’s a first class top of the heap superhero film. 

Definitely not irreverence for irreverence’s sake in The Suicide Squad, that’s for sure. Deadpool, on the other hand…

• Like 2

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
Just now, scohenmarinetech said:

As a man who’s currently signed up in the CM GB and will be getting the OC of the Manta Lab version, it gets my highest recommendation. 

…and if you’re interested at all in Troma films, this is exactly what happens when you give a talented Troma filmmaker a ton of money and creative freedom.

Gunn really is an “A” list Troma style director.  Particularly in the low key horror masterpiece Slither

• Like 3

Honestly this is probably one of the worst beauty shots Manta has released. This year has not been great for Manta tbh (Prestige aside since that was good, and idk what else was before that - more so speaking about Dune, Matrix 4, and now this). I was hellbent on one clicking this since I loved the movie, and I was sorely disappointed by the beauty shots.

I think the best slip without a doubt is the FS (and I think the art is good all around on that slip) and I will be signing up for that no matter what. Just sucks because even a part of me still somewhat contemplates the OC because who else is gonna do this movie?? Not counting CM's single slip for it (though it sucks CM didn't do this one as an OC - might have had better art options). HDZeta is the only other company I could see maybe doing it and they c*nc*led Joker and BOP is still nowhere to be found -- on top of their highly erratic/slow schedule of releases -- so I find it highly unlikely at this time. Why can we get 20 release for the TDK trilogy but only one OC of this??

Sad Jersey Shore GIF

Edited by atomicblonde
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

• ★ Administrators ★
13 minutes ago, InfiniteDoors said:

Oh neat, after joining the GB it kicks you out to the release thread

Since members don't have accress to the club yet, linking to that one would create an error and I guess lots of retries 😂. And since I have the Platinum and Gold GB running at the same time and did not want to build several forms, I got the good idea to redirect members who join to the Release Topic ☺️. This way you can instantly join the conversation 👍.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1