Jump to content
IGNORED

Anime Collection


Recommended Posts

I'd say Avatar is excellent @extantsrevenge and my daughter very much enjoyed it as well.

We watched the original series when it came out courtesy of YTV many moons ago. 🙂

Once I've spun it up again, the set will be going to my girls and since my daughter knows I now have it, I've been told that better not take too long! heh. 😀

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@extantsrevenge you definitely should watch it! The characters, world and themes are just so well fleshed out and the finale is really one of the best. It has awesome fights but still keeps a good, clever humour throughout the whole series which is well placed to not undermine the more serious side.

avatar the last airbender fighting GIFtumblr_lpjtwmFqzQ1qeasu9.gif

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Grendel said:

I'd say Avatar is excellent @extantsrevenge and my daughter very much enjoyed it as well.

We watched the original series when it came out courtesy of YTV many moons ago. 🙂

Once I've spun it up again, the set will be going to my girls and since my daughter knows I now have it, I've been told that better not take too long! heh. 😀

 

 

9 hours ago, Trianna said:

@extantsrevenge you definitely should watch it! The characters, world and themes are just so well fleshed out and the finale is really one of the best. It has awesome fights but still keeps a good, clever humour throughout the whole series which is well placed to not undermine the more serious side.

avatar the last airbender fighting GIFtumblr_lpjtwmFqzQ1qeasu9.gif

Oh yeah!!... I really liked Avatar/Aang... I had so much fun with Sokka... So funny!! xD

 

I also liked Avatar-Legend of Korra... But not as much as the first one...

 

These are pretty good to watch with your kids... ;)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks!

So of course, had to share the excitement following the arrival of my CBB Steel🤩

 

Cowboy Bebop:

- Sunrise Spec ed Box Set

- Funi Steel (the only new one here)

- The Film, Knockin' On Heavens Door: Dynit (Italy) [best ed out there English friendly]

The Steel is actually very sleek, with a brushed satin steel front and back on which the figs are superimposed (front & Back).

Fortunately, it arrived pristine!

 

image.thumb.jpeg.bb8070afaaa972f63104f8324a5ada30.jpeg

 

🥰

 

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Hi Folks;

So, it's been a while since I've added to this Thread and managed to receive some new editions I thought I'd share;

 

- Redline

- Psycho Pass; S-1, Pt-1

- Psycho Pass; S-1, Pt-2

- Rage Of Bahamut

- Wicked City / Demon City; Combo Collector's ed.

- Violet Evergarden; Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll (Film)

- Violet Evergarden; S-1 (Funi, CE) [I also have the AtA CE on order]

 

image.thumb.jpeg.0c5be3ee18f3a111438cbe23e9e0122f.jpeg

 

🥳  Happy New Year 2021!  🥳

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

A few others of note arrived recently.

First up, for my own collection;

 

- Dimension W (CE)
- 91 Days (Essentials ed)
- FMP IV (classics ed) [sad I did not get a slip for it to match the rest of the series)

(note: I know it's confusing but in this case, IV stands for "Invisible Victory" not "4" as it is the 3rd show in the "Full Metal Panic!" series, well actually, no, it is the 4th, as FUMMOFU is a show, but it is considered S-1.5, not 2 so yeah, typical of this series, it gets confusing, heh).

 

Name:  DimW, 91Days, FMP IV    40.jpg Views: 87 Size:  94.1 KB

 

Next, for my Girls;

 

- Lucky Star (set)
- Love Live Sunshine S-1 (they already have S-2 and Rainbow)
- Black Clover S-2 (set)
- Okami-San (older SAVE ed)
- Luck & Logic
- D-Frag! (SAVE ed)

 

Name:  Luck Star, Blk Clvr2, LoveLivesun1 +   40.jpg Views: 86 Size:  94.9 KB

 

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

So, it's been a while since I've added to this Thread, and since none of the shows I'm about to post are "new", it seemed like a good time to keep this one humming.

 

I was sooo close to buying the Aniplex eds for GranBlue and GodEater but I held off so long that S-1 for both sold out, so that made it much easier to pick up the MVM eds (UK), which are bloody clones anyway...heh.

 

Pic 1:
- God Eater; MVM, Pts 1+2
- Granblue Fantasy; MVM, Pts 1+2
- RIN; Funi Esntls
- Gosick; Funi Esntls, full series
- Nobunagun; Funi Esntls
- Hyouka; Funi Esntls

Pic 2:
- Demon Slayer; AtA Spec Ed, S-1, Pt-1
- King of Pigs; Plain Archive spec ed #03 (a long hunt for this).

🥰

 

image.thumb.jpeg.54983838c859d60e4bdf360e6a7c3735.jpeg

 

Name:  DS1Pt1AtA, King Of Pigs PA,     40.jpg Views: 31 Size:  90.3 KB

 

It's a bit odd seeing AtA use the same art on their DS S-1,Pt-1 as Funi uses on their S-1,Pt-2. That's not confusing at all....

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Good Evening my Anime Loving Friends;  😀

 

Just a few for this eve but some I've anxiously awaited.

- JoJo Golden Wind, Pt-2 (CE)

- Toilet Bound Hanako-Kun, S-1 (also bought a copy for my G-D and she absolutely adores it!)

- GitS; the one Steel I was missing, no longer, heh.

- Attack On Titan: Junior High; I've heard this is absolutely hilarious, I guess we'll see, then I'll share my thoughts.

- Eden Of The East; I was just waiting for this to drop to a decent price, it finally did. More sci-fi than anything else, better synopsis if ya Google it, heh.

 

image.thumb.jpeg.3df069d9b4668d765320c4d2a35699ed.jpeg

 

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

That Sakura fig is drop dead gorgeous my Buddy @extantsrevenge🥰

My sincere GRATZ! on your purchase my friend!

 

I've elected to take a breather on figs personally, as I have quite literally, run out of shelf space for them!

This is not to say I've stopped purchasing, (heh hehe) just taking a pause until I get my new film library fully set up.

 

Thanks so very much for sharing pics buddy! 👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya know, in all honesty @extantsrevenge, it is quite difficult to express in just a few short words the actual love and appreciation I feel when you take the opportunity to share such wonderful pics of your treasures with us.

Please feel confident in knowing, that my thoughts extend far past the few seconds it takes to just blurp out a quick "gratz dude" in response.

It is a large commitment when we go the extra mile in our beloved hobby to not only purchase the shows themselves but figures of the characters that have brought meaning to us from those shows.

 

I don't have many figures, certainly not as many as heh, some 'Otakus" display on say You-tube or other platforms but the ones I have, well, each hold significant meaning to me otherwise they would not be in my house.

I know you have similar mind-set and I of course appreciate being able to share my joys with folk such as you, since there are more often those with a love more directed toward say the super-hero genre or the horror genre.

Be confident my friend, you have a compadre that shares your love for this particular niche and I look very much forward to seeing your lovely treasures when acquired.

Cheers my friend.  😍

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • ★ Administrators ★
4 hours ago, Grendel said:

Ya know, in all honesty @extantsrevenge, it is quite difficult to express in just a few short words the actual love and appreciation I feel when you take the opportunity to share such wonderful pics of your treasures with us.

Please feel confident in knowing, that my thoughts extend far past the few seconds it takes to just blurp out a quick "gratz dude" in response.

It is a large commitment when we go the extra mile in our beloved hobby to not only purchase the shows themselves but figures of the characters that have brought meaning to us from those shows.

 

I don't have many figures, certainly not as many as heh, some 'Otakus" display on say You-tube or other platforms but the ones I have, well, each hold significant meaning to me otherwise they would not be in my house.

I know you have similar mind-set and I of course appreciate being able to share my joys with folk such as you, since there are more often those with a love more directed toward say the super-hero genre or the horror genre.

Be confident my friend, you have a compadre that shares your love for this particular niche and I look very much forward to seeing your lovely treasures when acquired.

Cheers my friend.  😍

 

tumblr_nszr1hneIi1rdfsmyo1_250.gif

thank you for the kind words @Grendel very much appreciated 🙏, back to you as well. I love seeing the new stuff everyone is getting, you can discover lots of great new things this way. And it's always a treat to see some Anime or even figures besides the onslaught of the mainstream releases.

 

4 hours ago, Grendel said:

I've elected to take a breather on figs personally, as I have quite literally, run out of shelf space for them!

I know what you mean, me too 😅. I actually did not plan on getting the new figure because I currently do not know where to put her. But after I saw a video I simply could not resist. Sakura is one of my favorite, such a lovely and kind character.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks!

Thought I'd take a moment to share some pics of some new editions.

Most have been in circuit for a while, so figured better here than the "New Anime" Thread.

 

Of Note:

- MHA: S-4, Pt-2, purchased the CE since the price was almost identical to the Standard release. (for my Girls)

- Food Wars, S-1 & S-2: Back order arrival from Sentai (for my Girls)

- When They Cry: Sentai set, another long awaitedf back order. Since I also have the MVM CE, I'll eventually send this one to my Girls, just not yet, for obvious reasons.

- Terror In Resonance: Funi Esntls ed. If I like this as much as anticipated, I'll purchase the AtA spec ed and send this one also.

- Jiang Ziya & Ne Zha: for my Girls but I have copies also ( of course). I wish someone provided a spec ed of JZ... ah well.

 

image.thumb.jpeg.5cde452f8183b4acdce5cb0cc99461f9.jpeg

 

🥰

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Team,

 

Need some help. My brother is a big anime fan and my knowledge of the genre is EXTREMELY limited. I would like to find him some premium or special editions of some of his favorite shows since he loves to look at my premiums when he visits but just doesn't want to spend the time or money that this hobby can require.  I think he would really dig them as gifts.  Below is a list of some of the series he likes that I have made notes of from talking to him (sorry if it is a little long). Are there premium companies that specialize or lean more toward anime? And does anyone have any suggestions for premium editions of any of the titles below that I could try to hunt down? Any input is welcome and thanks in advance everyone!

 

One Piece

Naruto

Bleach

Dragon Ball

Demon Slayer

Fire Force

The Rising of Shield Hero

Attack on Titan

Sword Art Online

Black Clover

Jujitsu Kasine

Tokyo Ghoul

Your Name

A Slime Voice

Weathering With You

Your Lie in April

Orange

Can I Eat Your Pancreas

Tosadora

Nisekoi

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

9 minutes ago, notdan said:

Hey Team,

 

Need some help. My brother is a big anime fan and my knowledge of the genre is EXTREMELY limited. I would like to find him some premium or special editions of some of his favorite shows since he loves to look at my premiums when he visits but just doesn't want to spend the time or money that this hobby can require.  I think he would really dig them as gifts.  Below is a list of some of the series he likes that I have made notes of from talking to him (sorry if it is a little long). Are there premium companies that specialize or lean more toward anime? And does anyone have any suggestions for premium editions of any of the titles below that I could try to hunt down? Any input is welcome and thanks in advance everyone!

 

One Piece

Naruto

Bleach

Dragon Ball

Demon Slayer

Fire Force

The Rising of Shield Hero

Attack on Titan

Sword Art Online

Black Clover

Jujitsu Kasine

Tokyo Ghoul

Your Name

A Slime Voice

Weathering With You

Your Lie in April

Orange

Can I Eat Your Pancreas

Tosadora

Nisekoi

Give a look at this site... 

 

https://www.rightstufanime.com/

 

Sometimes they have some special editions... Like Demon Slayer RS Exclusive both volumes are still in stock... https://www.rightstufanime.com/category/Blu~ray?keywords=Demon Slayer

 

But you can look for all those!! ;)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Hi There @notdan🙂

I was very happy to see @LeGonze point you in the right direction for seeking Premium eds of Anime titles.

Indeed, RightStuf has an outstanding selection, and should you or your Brother elect to join their "Got Anime?" Membership  ($18 Usd) it will save you some coin in the long run.

 

A couple other American sites that I believe you will find of interest, include;

Sentai: - https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/  whom are known for holding excellent sales as well on occasion.

Funimation: - https://shop.funimation.com/  also has great deals and easily accessible for American residents.

 

If your Brother can play discs from any region, you may also wish to check out;

AllTheAnime (AtA) - https://www.alltheanime.com/collections/  a U.K. based Anime specialty shop, and

Zavvi: - https://www.zavvi.com/ another U.K. based distributor, you may also already be familiar with.

 

Last: Don't neglect Amazon.com either my friend. Although the Special Collector's eds are not as frequent there, they most assuredly do show up on occasion.

 

Of course, as you and your Brother may be aware, Anime is certainly not cheap and the Spec Eds pricings can be rather... intimidating. However if he truly has interest, these shops are the way to go.

Let us know how you fare and if we can be of further assistance, let us know!

Cheers.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Evening My Anime Loving Friends!  😀

Whoo boy! It has been a rather busy week, mostly with work but a few other projects as well.

( yeah, retirement was nice but so is a handsome subsidiary income, heh).

 

Anyway, Sentai (USA) has had a couple of nice sales as of late and the latest (Spring Sale) is currently in progress, should any care to take a look;

- https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/

I've placed (sigh) 3 orders with them and the first arrived yesterday.

I thought I'd take a moment to share a pic of my new treasures. I say 'Mine' but in fact this 1st box of goodies is destined for my lovely Girls.

I'm a Dad, it's my job...😉 ;

 

Stand-outs include;
- Fruits Basket: S-2 Pt -2 CE
- Beyond The Boundary: Steel
- Land of the Lustrous: amaray
- Non Non Biyori: Full set + Film
- Ef; A Tale of Melodies & Memories: amaray set
- Mitsuboshi Colors: amaray
- many more, heh 🙂

note: I'll be spinning up a few of these before they get sent off of course!

image.thumb.jpeg.ecdc82bb02d1b7073ae5297996f1ac80.jpeg

 

🥰

I received notice the 2nd order is in the pipe so will post pics on arrival.

That one has some lovely titles that shall remain with me ( well, for a while at least!)

Of course, should you have any queries on any titles, please feel free to shout out.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also wanted to toss up a pic of some Anime related Spec Eds I received, that I'm very pleased with;

Alita: BluFans 1-click (had this for a while but wanted to include it here in our anime Thread)
Illang: Spec ed (via Nova) ( Live Action based on the anime Jin-Roh)
Castlevania: S-3 (excellent series!)

 

image.thumb.jpeg.0002638f073ba579780f6cbef4fd64de.jpeg

 

🥰

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @LeGonze🙂

I know you usually frequent the "New Anime Releases" Thread but thought you might have interest to view some of the shows I've posted pics of here as well.

Any questions, gimme a shout my friend.

Any friends that you feel may also have interest, toss 'em a clue as well, heh.

Cheers.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys at cost, as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy