IGNORED

SMLIFE Black Widow (SM LIFE Design) (WWA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Korea]

ksosk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hoped SM Life would have come up with something totally different than what I've seen so far, but that wasn't the case. I was lucky to discover this thread yesterday and the beauty shots tonight. I'm the last to get my order in. I pondered joining for 1/2-hour. I was closed a few minutes after they saw my order.

Cameron Diaz Shut The Front Door GIF

This makes me feel a little better about it.

Black-Widow-Fullslip.thumb.jpg.c3254524948bd99f71ba82296427f188.jpg

Edited by WKRP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awards

The slip look very cool IMO, especially the spine. 

I really don't know what to do with this. With marvel, I tend to collect full slips with WEA steelbooks, because I also buy the plain steelbooks (even different editions of them) when they come out. But with this, I hope there will be a more "Prestigious" one: weet or blufans (I'm guessing they don't do disney anymore?!)

But...

Are they really interested in this title? Remember Ant-man and the wasp. That didn't go well as well

So

schitts creek what GIF by CBC

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
2 hours ago, maygear said:

The slip look very cool IMO, especially the spine. 

I really don't know what to do with this. With marvel, I tend to collect full slips with WEA steelbooks, because I also buy the plain steelbooks (even different editions of them) when they come out. But with this, I hope there will be a more "Prestigious" one: weet or blufans (I'm guessing they don't do disney anymore?!)

But...

Are they really interested in this title? Remember Ant-man and the wasp. That didn't go well as well

So

schitts creek what GIF by CBC

It’s more a case of Disney doesn’t do China anymore. They no longer distribute discs in China (that’s what I’ve heard anyway).

Weet is a possibility as is FA, but we’ll just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

So what's the deal with SMLife? Are they under KimchiDVD? Do they release "numbered" slips? Are their "Full Slips" the same as other premium Full Slips?

I never sprung for their releases because they seem generic and not necessary to add to my collection to fulfill all "steelbook and premium" releases. Plus, they always had that ugly 4K banner tattooed on the box art instead of it just being part of the wrapper/J-card. 

• ★ Administrators ★
33 minutes ago, Tonic24k said:

So what's the deal with SMLife? Are they under KimchiDVD? Do they release "numbered" slips? Are their "Full Slips" the same as other premium Full Slips?

Nope

Nope

Nope

SM Life is a media/publishing company and making movie editions is only a small part of their business. They are distributed by Kimchi, Nova and others. No, their slips are not numbered, but I think they are pretty nice, and are usually lightly embossed. I think of their editions as "high end" mass market, like ToC and Zavvi Exclusive releases for example.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

Nope

Nope

Nope

SM Life is a media/publishing company and making movie editions is only a small part of their business. They are distributed by Kimchi, Nova and others. No, their slips are not numbered, but I think they are pretty nice, and are usually lightly embossed. I think of their editions as "high end" mass market, like ToC and Zavvi Exclusive releases for example.

Thanks for the info! I'll get this Black Widow release but I'm not a fan at all of their previous Marvel releases. They seem akin to "Target exclusives" to me. 

AS our Buddy @deckard99 alluded, SMLife is more what you may consider a "Boutique" label than "Premium".

Keep in mind that they principally serve Asian markets, bringing Western releases to the public there so, as suggested, a comparison to unique offers from Zavvi, Shout, ToC, etc is quite apropos.

I'll need to double check but I do believe I have a couple of their releases that were in fact "numbered", just can't recall off the top of my head. 🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1