IGNORED

WCL Hibiscus Town (芙蓉镇) (WCL Exclusive #51) (Scanavo 4K/BD/Bonus Discs Fullslip) [China]

ksosk

• ★ Administrators ★

MP Group Buy here

Info & Questions Topic.

Release date: 

Retail Price: 670 CNY

Limit: TBA

WCL-Hisbiscus.thumb.jpg.c1ccdb7def887be169e387d5091e91ad.jpg

Content:

• digipak (with 4K+Bluray+Bonus discs)
  • 1x fullslip to house special items
  • Special items include :
    • 1x large poster (landscape format)
    • 1x script book
    • 1x 124 pages booklet
    • 6x postcards
    • 2x movie posters
  • 1x outer box to hold all the content

• Like 9

• ksosk changed the title to Hibiscus Town (芙蓉镇) (WCL Exclusive #??) (Scanavo Blu-ray Fullslip) [China]
  • 7 months later...
  • ksosk changed the title to Hibiscus Town (芙蓉镇) (WCL Exclusive #51) (Scanavo 4K/BD/Bonus Discs Fullslip) [China]
vor 1 Minute schrieb ksosk:

I could probably translate but depends on how long the text are

That would be awesome. Especially if it features a lot of background info on the director and the turbulences the movie caused at the time of release.

I saw the movie once at a festival ages ago where it left a great impression.

Ever since I tried to get a copy of it which was impossible.

Now getting it in 4k! is a great gift.

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
Just now, hal56 said:

That would be awesome. Especially if it features a lot of background info on the director and the turbulences the movie caused at the time of release.

I saw the movie once at a festival ages ago where it left a great impression.

Ever since I tried to get a copy of it which was impossible.

Now getting it in 4k! is a great gift.

I would gladly do it. 

Maybe I can post it as a .pdf and members can download to print out on their own?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• ★ Administrators ★
21 hours ago, ksosk said:

Some pictures of the test print!

mmexport1666711788036.thumb.jpg.358cd23d8b2eb23b2bf7804ed5986403.jpgmmexport1666711792066.thumb.jpg.e8c1394c771cca05b1b43e36162caf58.jpgmmexport1666711796529.thumb.jpg.de09a6a364f1963d4261fbabcfbfa7e1.jpgmmexport1666711803950.thumb.jpg.2d51b7cacbca7f33088d9c1b07525e74.jpgmmexport1666711807990.thumb.jpg.3fd9c871cbceaba0cd2fce37413edf84.jpg

Remember how the premium editions of the 5th generations releases were sold out and hard to find? 

Don't miss out on this release!!!

Those live shots are amazing. Love the texture on the box and slips! Count me in 😍

• Like 3

Here are the disc specs. Looks like a great package of extras (the Visions documentary in particular is a fascinating time capsule).

DISC 1 - UHD BD-100
Feature film presented in 2160p with new Dolby Vision / HDR10 grade
Original uncompressed Mandarin mono track

DISC 2 - BD-50
Feature film presented in 1080p
Original uncompressed Mandarin mono track

DISC 3 - BD-50
Visions: Cinema in China - An Account by Tony Rayns (53 minutes) - A 1983 TV documentary hosted by Tony Rayns on filmmaking in China from its beginnings in the 1920s to 1982, featuring interviews with various important figures in Chinese film history, including Xie Jin. This documentary is sourced from a brand new transfer from the master 1-inch videotape. (in original English and burnt-in English subtitles for Mandarin parts, optional Chinese subtitles included)
The Peak Achievement of Humanist Melodrama (HD, 43 minutes) - New interview with Tony Rayns on the career of Xie Jin and Hibiscus Town. (in English with optional Chinese subtitles)
Remembering the Hibiscus: Making of Hibiscus Town (HD, 65 minutes) - New documentary with the crew remembering making of the film, includes never-before-seen archival interviews with director Xie Jin, cinematographer Lu Junfu, production manager Tang Lixuan, costume designer Jin Qifen and editor Zhou Dingwen. (in Mandarin, no subtitles)
Actors on Hibiscus Town (HD, 90 minutes in total) - Five never-before-seen archival interviews with actors remembering making of the film, including Jiang Wen, Liu Xiaoqing, Zhang Guangbei, Zhu Shibin and Xu Songzi. (in Mandarin, no subtitles)

Edited by Dan Average
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...