IGNORED

Custom Fullslip Questions / Resources

I hope this question fits well here.  I considered putting it in the "This and That" thread, but I was afraid it would be buried under a moutain of gif's in the matter of an hour or so... That thread can jump pages in a hurry... 🤣  Admins, if this does make more sense there, then please feel free to combine it in.

Some of you know that I am also trying to get the family involved with movie nights and this obsession of mine with steelbooks... and now premiums.  Part of that meant starting with what the boys enjoy from a movie watching perspective.  Recently, both of my sons started talking about how they like the slips cases for the premiums and how they have the bits of extras, and whatnot.  They asked whether there was a way for us to create some of those slipcases for ourselves, for the steelbooks that aren't premiums.  The oldest thought it would be a fun project to build and the youngest loves the idea of picking the art he wants.

I know, I know... get to the ask already....

So...

Does anyone have any resources, whether it be a youtube video or website with instructions/examples, for creating fullslips?  I have searched, but the closest I could come to was the O-Ring style slips (open on top and bottom). 

I have seen @CAYENNE-FAHRER wonderful custom slips he has made, and have reached out to him, but his are done by someone he knows and I don't believe they create and send stateside.  Also, I'd really rather this be an activity I can do with the boys, rather than potentially buying them, but if we have to buy them we can do that as well.  In that scenario, does anyone know someone doing fullslips here in the US?

Thanks!

AndroiDad75🤖

• Like 4
Awards

Spoiler
6 minutes ago, AndroiDad75 said:

I hope this question fits well here.  I considered putting it in the "This and That" thread, but I was afraid it would be buried under a moutain of gif's in the matter of an hour or so... That thread can jump pages in a hurry... 🤣  Admins, if this does make more sense there, then please feel free to combine it in.

Some of you know that I am also trying to get the family involved with movie nights and this obsession of mine with steelbooks... and now premiums.  Part of that meant starting with what the boys enjoy from a movie watching perspective.  Recently, both of my sons started talking about how they like the slips cases for the premiums and how they have the bits of extras, and whatnot.  They asked whether there was a way for us to create some of those slipcases for ourselves, for the steelbooks that aren't premiums.  The oldest thought it would be a fun project to build and the youngest loves the idea of picking the art he wants.

I know, I know... get to the ask already....

So...

Does anyone have any resources, whether it be a youtube video or website with instructions/examples, for creating fullslips?  I have searched, but the closest I could come to was the O-Ring style slips (open on top and bottom). 

I have seen @CAYENNE-FAHRER wonderful custom slips he has made, and have reached out to him, but his are done by someone he knows and I don't believe they create and send stateside.  Also, I'd really rather this be an activity I can do with the boys, rather than potentially buying them, but if we have to buy them we can do that as well.  In that scenario, does anyone know someone doing fullslips here in the US?

Thanks!

AndroiDad75🤖

🥤I found this info @AndroiDad75 here: Making one's own, custom Steelbook slipcovers/slipboxes - how?

hope this can work out for you & your boys, have a pleasant day my friend! 🤠

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

🥤I found this info @AndroiDad75 here: Making one's own, custom Steelbook slipcovers/slipboxes - how?

hope this can work out for you & your boys, have a pleasant day my friend! 🤠

Thanks @Veum!  I appreciate the link.  I'll check it out when I get home from work!

• Like 2
Awards

@AndroiDad75 it may pay you to have a word with @BobaFett1974 he does his own steels for along time and i know he like experimenting with different things, i just cant remember if that is only steelbooks. im sure he would have had his hand in some full slips.

on another site there was a chap called howie steed that was into custom stuff and including full slips but that was many moons ago since i have seen him.

sure he even may have done some you tube videos on the subject.

found a german one on YT dont know if you can follow

heres an english one remember using psd files thats format of software is the standard

also could try @psychoscot he may remember someone beyond my grey matter an my memory is not what it was, we both old now(well i am) xD 

speaking of old my m8 ann may remember from back in the day (love you 🥰) @Scary Hair

or i know your forever spring hippo xD 

hope that helps some what

basil 👍

Edited by Basil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Basil said:

@AndroiDad75 it may pay you to have a word with @BobaFett1974 he does his own steels for along time and i know he like experimenting with different things, i just cant remember if that is only steelbooks. im sure he would have had his hand in some full slips.

on another site there was a chap called howie steed that was into custom stuff and including full slips but that was many moons ago since i have seen him.

sure he even may have done some you tube videos on the subject.

found a german one on YT dont know if you can follow

heres an english one remember using psd files thats format of software is the standard

also could try @psychoscot he may remember someone beyond my grey matter an my memory is not what it was, we both old now(well i am) xD 

speaking of old my m8 ann may remember from back in the day (love you 🥰) @Scary Hair

or i know your forever spring hippo xD 

hope that helps some what

basil 👍

Hey I'm not old 🤣

There was a couple of people years ago on some of the other forums, but not seen anything made by them in years now. Think they gave up around the time the first Suicide Squad came out, think thats the last one I remember them selling.

Not seen any slip makers on eBay, but there is a guy on the selling magnetic lenti magnets for the front of steelbooks covering the whole area, some of which looked pretty cool but no idea what the quality is like in hand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Awards

Sorry Buddies @Basil  @AndroiDad75, i`m not used in making Full Slip Covers. I just trained my skills in making Custom Steelbooks over the years. Here i have reached, and i don't want to be sound coky or arrogant, a quite acceptable level of perfection. But Full Slip cover were never my goal and to be honest, there would be not the time to concentrate on both.

• Like 4

vor 13 Stunden schrieb psychoscot:

Hey I'm not old 🤣

There was a couple of people years ago on some of the other forums, but not seen anything made by them in years now. Think they gave up around the time the first Suicide Squad came out, think thats the last one I remember them selling.

Not seen any slip makers on eBay, but there is a guy on the selling magnetic lenti magnets for the front of steelbooks covering the whole area, some of which looked pretty cool but no idea what the quality is like in hand.

Ask @CAYENNE-FAHRER. I knows somebody where he let make his Custom Slipcovers.

• Like 3

beautiful instructions, But that's too much work for me, then a decent printer has to be found, that's difficult, then the right paper, must also have a certain thickness,

and then find the right printer series if you don't have a printer,

I get the FullSlips I prefer to do that, I can't do that myself, and personally I don't find 20€ for a full slip that is expensive

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CAYENNE-FAHRER said:

beautiful instructions, But that's too much work for me, then a decent printer has to be found, that's difficult, then the right paper, must also have a certain thickness,

and then find the right printer series if you don't have a printer,

I get the FullSlips I prefer to do that, I can't do that myself, and personally I don't find 20€ for a full slip that is expensive

Yeah I agree @CAYENNE-FAHRER, if I could find someone around here that does them for that price, I probably would as well. 

I'm also trying to do this as a past-time for the boys and I as well.  While I would probably use someone local for special ones I want made, the majority would probably be just the boys and I playing around together.  Problem for me is.... I can't find anyone local who does it, nor have I been able to find good instructions on how to do it DIY.

Thanks for checking in and giving the info @CAYENNE-FAHRER!

• Like 1
Awards

21 hours ago, Basil said:

and thinking about it again im sure this is @ksosk real bag of tricks maybe he has some advice? :D

Thanks for the info @Basil!  I will definitely be checking those out as well.  I think I may have seen the bottom vid, but it's good to have it here so I can always find it again!

I thought about asking ksok, because I assume he would know how and/or have resources he could point me to, but I know how busy these guys are helping us with GB's that I didn't want to be a bother.  I may reach out via PM and let him answer whenever he has time.

Thanks!

AndroiDad75🤖

• Like 1
Awards