IGNORED

Inglourious Basterds (4K UHD/2D Collector's Edition Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

R1s1ngs0n

30 minutes ago, goodstrong said:

I was able to get the Complete Basterds Edition ordered direct from Zavvi and didn't even notice the censorship until I was catching up on threads over here. Can anyone explain the ridiculous decision to do this especially when it is used all throughout the film and the eagle is just as much a part of the symbolism so why not remove it entirely? I just don't understand what this is supposed to accomplish especially when you can currently order this on their site right now!

Who makes these nonsensical decisions?

11818936-7294745889477942.jpg

A LOT is down to the studios who own the licencing, and believe me when I say they can and do make nonsensical decisions .

the bullet through the middle I think is classic  and sets the tone of the movie perfectly 

The  swastika image is banned in Germany and else where .

the original image is a good fortune symbol that has been around millennia used by ancient cultures  it would be nice if it could be re claimed as that.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, rebelrocks said:

It will be interesting to see how the finished product turns out.  Will the slips have that premium feel and weight to them or a cheap flimsy affair?

I personally didn't get these as I had the MantaLab single Lenti which will do me. I will probably end up getting the 4k disc at a later date.

I’m yet to see a decent slip from Zavvi…

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RileyLad said:

@RileyLad already had my order in with Carl Zavvi GB, thank you though for remembering me buddy! 🤗 

200.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 2:09 AM, RileyLad said:

Thanks for the heads up! Though I'm a little concerned about ordering from Zavvi after stories of these getting banged up in the mail...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, chucktatum said:

Thanks for the heads up! Though I'm a little concerned about ordering from Zavvi after stories of these getting banged up in the mail...

you could always get it thru MP zavvi group buys

get it sent to carl @blu.steel33 here in the uk first then get it then put into much larger box and protection and then shipped onto to you.

i have seen the packaging that some have been sent out by zavvi on other forums and to be honest its not good enough its usually to smaller a box 

but im sure john @Masterblaster  will be arranging something like that for american orders to reduce the risk of damage on this release.

have at look at start of video for how bad packing is @chucktatum

hope it helps

basil 👍:D

• Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Basil said:

get it sent to carl @blu.steel33 here in the uk first then get it then put into much larger box and protection and then shipped onto to you.

i have seen the packaging that some have been sent out by zavvi on other forums and to be honest its not good enough its usually to smaller a box 

but im sure john @Masterblaster  will be arranging something like that for american orders to reduce the risk of damage on this release.

Thanks! I'll do that!

9 hours ago, Basil said:

apocalypsenow-horror.gif.24ca72828ef562620efd3ba3423b05db.gif

• Like 1

well heads up people ordered this on the new print run with dispatch date of 

Release Date: 28 February 2022

have just been charged today CC and email sent with it be here 

Delivery is estimated between
Wed 01 Dec - Fri 03 Dec

lets hope there not sending me a banged up returned copy, we will see :rolleyes:

basil  :thumbs: 

• Like 3

Looks like the steelbook (from collector's edition #1) is now available to pre-order individually from Zavvi:

Price: £24.99

Release Date: 28th Feb 2022

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/inglourious-basterds-4k-ultra-hd-steelbook-includes-blu-ray/13489144.html

Edited by Sidewinder
  • Thanks 3

Awards

On 11/27/2021 at 4:51 AM, Basil said:

hope it helps

basil 👍:D

Very nice steelbooks/collection! :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Detail images

UK Complete Basterds Edition

made some changes

Edition 1

exchanged Steelbook because it was censored,I like it because there are fewer credits and the Inside print is better but whatever,

with CA Steelbook

Edition 2

Steelbook exchanged for the uncensored BestBuy Steelbook,is identical to the UK Steelbook

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

• Like 6

• 9 months later...
23 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Inglourious Basterds (4K UHD/2D Collector's Edition Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

There was chatter on this before release, but no reviews after you all received it.

All three editions are still available. 

Any thoughts?  @CAYENNE-FAHRER @Basil @Veum

will GIF

@BreakBeatDJ if you enjoy IB you’ll like these steels although I like my HDZeta Lenti the most❣️👍

Look up at Udi’s pics (cayenne-fahrer)! 😉

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Veum said:

@BreakBeatDJ if you enjoy IB you’ll like these steels although I like my HDZeta Lenti the most❣️👍

Look up at Udi’s pics (cayenne-fahrer)! 😉

My concern with these Zavvi editions is that they can feel a little thin, light, cheap, even if they look good in pics.  I do love this movie, but in general don't double dip, so was wondering if this Zavvi was a decent substitution for the Manta/HDZeta.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

My concern with these Zavvi editions is that they can feel a little thin, light, cheap, even if they look good in pics.  I do love this movie, but in general don't double dip, so was wondering if this Zavvi was a decent substitution for the Manta/HDZeta.

As Reagh said I’d ask John if he has any HDZeta’s left, so much better IMHO… I’m a Lenti man though so there’s that! :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Veum said:

As Reagh said I’d ask John if he has any HDZeta’s left, so much better IMHO… I’m a Lenti man though so there’s that! :)

Thanks Mike, that's the strong opinion I was looking for.  I have a hard time taking anything out of my cart, once I put it in there, I needed the push.  Thanks @Reagh too.

GIF by IFC

Edited by BreakBeatDJ
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Thanks Mike, that's the strong opinion I was looking for.  I have a hard time taking anything out of my cart, once I put it in there, I needed the push.  Thanks @Reagh too.

GIF by IFC

Yeah @BreakBeatDJ I’m also trying to be a lot more picky here recently especially since the shipping prices are through the roof! 😞 

The problem for me though is I joined so many GBs in the past that have not even come to fruition as of yet… dreading the totals $$$ in the end hehe! 🤑

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1