IGNORED

Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital) [USA]

Veum

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the load-up @Veum🙂

I have mixed feelings about colour renditions to classics but I understand the reasoning for doing so.

It's (always) about the Benjamins but there's an upside to this.

I know there are a significant amount of younger folk that actually dislike Black & White films and will even walk past a viewing of them, let alone ignore an opportunity to purchase.

If colourizing them opens them up to new audiences, that's a good thing.

Those of us that prefer films in their native palette, still have them to enjoy, it's not like they will disappear.

The particular examples provided in that collage do seem to lean quite heavy on sepia tones though. That may be an artistic choice intended to still provide the films an 'antiquated' aspect. I would hope final product would provide a bit more realistic colour personally but then, I'm not the intended audience so... whatev. 😎

• Like 1

Here is an interesting topic with Hammer Horror Actors & the James Bond Films 🎥 

14 HAMMER HORROR ACTORS WHO APPEARED IN JAMES BOND

image.thumb.png.d75ebaa31c312e96356440867ba14b46.png

Christopher Lee faces off against Roger Moore in The Man with the Golden Gun, one of the many Hammer Horror James Bond actor crossovers over the years…

Hammer Horror and James Bond were a staple of the British Film Industry during the 1960s and 70s. So it’s little surprise that the films drew from the same talent pool. Here are some actors who appeared in both fantastic worlds of Hammer and 007.

14 HAMMER HORROR ACTORS WHO APPEARED IN JAMES BOND

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

Spoiler
7 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Thanks for the load-up @Veum🙂

I have mixed feelings about colour renditions to classics but I understand the reasoning for doing so.

It's (always) about the Benjamins but there's an upside to this.

I know there are a significant amount of younger folk that actually dislike Black & White films and will even walk past a viewing of them, let alone ignore an opportunity to purchase.

If colourizing them opens them up to new audiences, that's a good thing.

Those of us that prefer films in their native palette, still have them to enjoy, it's not like they will disappear.

The particular examples provided in that collage do seem to lean quite heavy on sepia tones though. That may be an artistic choice intended to still provide the films an 'antiquated' aspect. I would hope final product would provide a bit more realistic colour personally but then, I'm not the intended audience so... whatev. 😎

Yeah @Grendel I’ve always wanted studios to provide both color/B&W editions in blu-rays! :)

I even enjoy the colorization of such films as It’s A Wonderful Life!! 🤩

• Like 3

• ShadowWarrior changed the title to Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital) [USA]