IGNORED

What are your most rewatchable movies?

R1s1ngs0n

vor 1 Minute schrieb Hollywood E Rock:

I'm guilty of this, sometimes depending on when I catch a movie I will finish watching it on television then pull out the disc & rewatch it from beginning to end 😂

Very often, when I stumble over a movie on TV and I want to watch it, I have to look for the disc because almost all movies on TV here are dubbed and I cant stand it.😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, hal56 said:

Thankfully, this is not an issue with the Austrian ORF channels. There are no commercial breaks during movies.

Here in France, not only do we have commercial breaks that last for at least 10mins, but these senseless morons start them in the middle of a character’s speech, usually in a key scene 🙄

I swear, you’d think they do this sh*t on purpose!

Rock Band Yah GIF by MONOWHALES

• Haha 7

• ★ Administrators ★

Here's my list. Probably a bit different than most 😅. My tastes tend to be a bit eclectic

In no particular order:

Office Space

Soldier (Kurt Russell)

Starman

The Fisher King

Time Bandits

Death Race 2000

Firestarter

Fearless (Jeff Bridges)

Being There (Peter Sellers)

Galaxy Quest

Groundhog Day

Idiocracy

Legend

Logan's Run

Monty Python's Holy Grail

Repo Man

Rocky Horror Picture Show

Rollerball

The Fifth Element

Silent Running

Stargate

Star Trek II - Wrath of Kahn

Time After Time (1980)

War Games

12 Monkeys

Blade Runner + 2049

• Like 10

7 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Nothing wrong with that. If I hadn't limited myself to 10 films, I would have probably added Die Hard, City Lights and The Good, The Bad And The Ugly (quite surprised no one listed it so far).

I was going to list The Dollars Trilogy (with For a Few Dollars More being my favourite), City Lights and some of yours like The Princess Bride, Dirty Harry, etc.

And some others people have mentioned here like Jurassic Park.

The list really goes on and on.

• Like 5

My Top 10 List

Star Wars (for sure), but not all of them. I don’t like EP 1-3.

The Goonies

Back to the Future 1-3

Indiana Jones 1-3

Death at a Funeral (i love this movie)

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy 

The Hobbit Trilogy 

The Midsomer Murders episodes with John Nettles

Mostly all Pixar and Dreamworks animated Movies (i deliberately did not speak of Disney in general, because i don’t like the movies with to much singing in it).

The Predator Movies

Super 8

There are a lot more movies i could see any time, if i had the time for it 🤔

A Little Update:

I love to see some comedy Movies from the german market for instance "Kleine Haie" or "Der Schuh des Manitu"

also i love some French Movies like "Welcome to the Sticks" or the Luis de Funes Movies

Edited by BobaFett1974
  • Like 9

• ★ Administrators ★
11 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Topics with lists for best/favorite films already exist, so this one's a bit different. Here I'd like to see members list the movies they can watch any time of day, no matter what mood they're in... basically films you can sit and watch even if you happen upon them on tv an hour after they'd started.

squirrel GIF

Sorry, I can't list any. I don't watch like that. I would not start any movie from another point then the beginning. I also don't encounter any movies on TV, because I do not watch any TV, I make my own program. Sadly I do encounter that I watch my favorite movies less in comparision to when I was a kid (to much stuff I want to see)

9 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Along with Goodfellas, Once Upon A Time In The West is my favorite ever movie and obviously one I can watch over and over again, any time, any day, but only from start to finish and in one sitting. I consider it sacrilege to watch this masterpiece any other way.

This reflects very good how I feel about it.

8 hours ago, Casiusco said:

It has not been very easy to make a list like that, because there are movies that I can see thousands of times, you have named a few, but I would never see them without the right mood, or without seeing them from the beginning.

Excatly, it I'm not in the mood to see one of the great movies, I would never start watching it, that would be unfair to the movie.

Harrison Ford Shrug GIF by Star Wars

• Like 6

I am in the same boat as @extantsrevenge. I can't watch the middle of a movie for more than five minutes. If it doesn't start from the beginning it is not for me. My father is the same way. I must have inherited that trait from him. 

My wife is the exact opposite, she watches three different movies at once. Constantly changing the channel back and forth. It drives me up the wall. 

• Haha 4

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 4:58 PM, Veum said:

image.jpeg.dad568eab1320e17ba8211f862a818c1.jpeg

Chaos ensues when a man tries to expose a dark secret regarding a recently deceased patriarch of a dysfunctional British family.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

This is a great pick.  The remake wasn't as good, but at least they brought back Peter Dinklage.  Simon might be Alan Tudyk's best performance.

• Like 1