RhodW

Vinyl

First, gratz on your recent pick-up @ukade2327  🤩

She's a beauty, I agree!

I also wanted to mention, I received a shipping notification from "Sacred Bones" and my "The Thing" vinyl OST set has shipped!

Thanks again @ukade2327 and @Scary Hair for putting me on to this.  😀

Very much looking forward to this. I do hope they pack it as securely as "Tiger Labs" do, in Vinyl Record sized heavy cardboard.

Next, I seem to have missed your post (above wrt your TT acquisitions @pygospa, thanks much for sharing!

Indeed, I'm extremely happy with my Audiomeca TT.

You'll note (with effort) that the 'belt drive' o-ring that circles the platter, I pull off when table is at rest ( it's just visible below the platter.

This is because from experience, I've known belts under tension can lose a bit of their designed elasticity and can actually stretch over the years.

This is in fact, my second belt, for that reason (and I have a 3rd if ever needed).

Unfortunately, Pierre Lurne, the French designer and owner of Audiomeca, passed away about 8 years ago.

For whatever reason, the company was sold off and I honestly don't recall to whom.

The design is similar in nature to an excellent Canadian Brand, called Orcacle.

e.g.

Delphi MkVI Classic - vinyl record player - turntable - Oracle Audio

However, Oracle start at about $5k, whereas I purchased the Audiomeca for about $2.5k (mind, that was 20 years ago!)

I do hope you manage to pick up a nice one in the near future my buddy.

I would of course, research the heck outta things before purchasing but don't be too surprised if a life purchase (which these should be) costs around 500+ Euro...🤭

Cheers!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dang, I neglected to respond to your contribution to this thread, sorry @Casiusco  😟

I totally agree, music needs to be far more than just "background noise".

I can listen to any tune while banging away at a keyboard (I am now) but for a truly immersive sit-down, with a cold beer (rock, blues, country, big band, some OSTs, or... a nice glass of wine or snifter of brandy (when it's classical, opera, many OSTs),  that's when I put on the vinyl🥰

I have um, many albums, of all genres and Miles Davis is definitely in the mix, nice choice to show Casiusco!

Sad to hear your TT is not working.

Considering the time involvement you provide, a nice TT around the 150 Euro range should provide you with years of entertainment.

That's less than the price of a 1-click my friend, just do it! 😀

You know you will be glad you did!

Cheers

• Like 3

On 6/27/2020 at 11:08 PM, Grendel said:

I totally agree, music needs to be far more than just "background noise".

I can listen to any tune while banging away at a keyboard (I am now) but for a truly immersive sit-down, with a cold beer (rock, blues, country, big band, some OSTs, or... a nice glass of wine or snifter of brandy (when it's classical, opera, many OSTs),  that's when I put on the vinyl🥰

I have um, many albums, of all genres and Miles Davis is definitely in the mix, nice choice to show Casiusco!

Sad to hear your TT is not working.

Considering the time involvement you provide, a nice TT around the 150 Euro range should provide you with years of entertainment.

That's less than the price of a 1-click my friend, just do it! 😀

You know you will be glad you did!

Cheers

Thank you very much for the recommendation.

I know I have to, and buy a new TT.

Deep down, buying it is going to be a declaration of intent: I can't keep this crazy run, I will have my free time. ;)

And maybe all that change will start with a record, a glass, and a sound.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ukade2327 said:

Latest update ref the Thing Soundtrack ....

picked up another edition .. this one is in Blood Sample Coloured Vinyl... really couldn’t resist....

6992E18D-0FB5-4905-B67B-1ECBC6F18DAB.thumb.jpeg.7a6e59dd5c240586f4de124671c941e3.jpeg

06F1069B-C578-437B-99C4-8D250F21E08B.thumb.jpeg.2de3d877b7fc201dae813279a547102a.jpeg

6FD86E1F-34F8-4E89-B3E2-3470A13DC68A.thumb.jpeg.095bcfa43d9d6c2d93c31bb2aaa30306.jpeg

😆🤪🤪😆

ADE YOU `DO find all of the best toys 

PLEASE I HOPE THAT ONE DAY YOU FIND THE TIME TO PHOTO AND SHOW YOUR COMPLETE The Thing Collection YES I MEAN THE WHOLE SHEBANG.

Then when and IF we ever have a award for somthing like THE Ultimate for whatever title YOU WIN IT FOR THIS 

old spice yes GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dammit! Here I am ready to show off a brand new treasure, get the spotlight on ME ME ME for 30 SECONDS but noooooooo...

@ukade2327 has to go and upstage us all once again, uncovering new shinies for us to oggle!

Sigh....

Well any way;

I received a very special item today that I wished to share a pic of.

To compliment the item, I've included just a few of my related Blus.

The Thing: (Carpenter; 1982)

- OST by Ennio Morricone

- Sacred Bones release, vinyl LP

- Double gatefold album (2 LPs)

image.thumb.jpeg.68185c18f2902336272f72898803e3ce.jpeg

Shown With:

- CineMuseum, Lenti

- Arrow, LE

- Universal (via HMV), retro VHS slip, Blu

- WB Archive, The Thing from another world ( original film, 1951) LOVE IT!!!  🥰

🤡  heh, LOVE the new discoveries my friend! thanks much for the new pics!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4