larson1977

Larson1977's HT / Man Cave

Hi Fellow Psychos,

This is my own H(ome) T(heatre) thread :)

I started back in 2005 with a living room HT when I lived on my own in an apartment. When I moved to a house in the county I built a HT in the garage and it quickly went out of control (positive ;) )

Now I live in a house with 3 levels of which 1, the top floor is turned into my HT / Man Cave (6mtr/20Ft x 3,4mtr/11Ft). First I was only focussed on equipment, PQ and Audio codecs/formats and tried to make the best cinema I could make with the budget I had. Bought equipment, tested them, sold them or kept them and also important; worked on the ambiance & acoustice of the room. Since a year or 2 I can say I am very happy with what I have achieved HT-wize.......... But then........ A old habit from when I was a kid came on my path again........ Collecting movie merchandize and fysical media (movies). 

My setup:

• Projector: JVC RS49 (pro X500)
  • Screen: Kingpin VFS210-16:9
  • Blu-Ray Player HD: Oppo BDP93
  • Blu-Ray Player UHD: Oppo UDP-203
  • AVR: Denon 7200WA
  • Power amplifier for Front Speakers: Anthem Statement A2
  • Power amplifier for Atmos/DTS:X Top Rear Speakers: Denon POA-T2
  • Speakers 7.2.4:
    • Front: Dali Suite 3.5
    • Center: Dali Suite C0.8
    • Surrounds & Back Surrounds: 4 x Dali Suite 1.7
    • Top Front & Top Rear: 4 x Dali Phantom E-60
    • Subwoofer 1 (sealed): Arendal Sub 1
    • Subwoofer 2 (ported): SVS PB-2000
  • Media Player: Nvidia Shield
  • Gaming: Xbox One
Edited by larson1977
  • Like 2

@nefilim @ukade2327 @psychoscot @deeii @Scary Hair @DodgyDave @Masterblaster

I will post pics end of this week when I am finishen redecorating. Here you guys have a sneak peak for what's comming ;)

4hWVxwU.jpg

0zALCaj.jpg

8jViZLv.jpg

kmQn7W5.jpg

HDRONui.jpg

KU13rIq.jpg

Edited by larson1977
  • Like 7

HOLY COW now that is what i am talking about  , thats a Mancave that i would love to be in at all times LOL ... Wife would never be seeing me then LOL

Are those Speakers from Teufel ?? 

Keep them coming bud , just loving your presentation !!

Take care

John

and thinking of Marketing ... those pictures will be seen im sure from others outside of MP .. you should have / could have put your nice Coaster and Card somewhere with those Releases , a picture says more then a thousand words LOL /// but thats just me thinking about site promotion ... 

7 minutes ago, Masterblaster said:

and thinking of Marketing ... those pictures will be seen im sure from others outside of MP .. you should have / could have put your nice Coaster and Card somewhere with those Releases , a picture says more then a thousand words LOL /// but thats just me thinking about site promotion ... 

Good thinking John ;)

Will keep that in mind for the final shoot :)

34 minutes ago, ukade2327 said:

:TRUCDEOUF:...........holy Man cave Batman that's awesome ….....hope its soundproofed ........bet that sounds awesome ...........there's no straps on them seats......1f44d.png1f44d.png1f44d.png1f44d.png1f44d.png1f44d.png1f44d.png

It is not soundproof. But my neighbours don't mind as long as it is not getting out of hand ;) when I play on high volumes it is on a good time of the day. And yeah sometimes I feel very lucky with the sound :)

13 minutes ago, Masterblaster said:

HOLY COW now that is what i am talking about  , thats a Mancave that i would love to be in at all times LOL ... Wife would never be seeing me then LOL

Are those Speakers from Teufel ?? 

-I have a picture of girlfriend and daughter in the man cave ;)

-Speakers are Dali's suite series. It's a Danish brand. Very good for music and home cinema.

Edited by larson1977
  • Like 1

YOU HAVE A LEGO Batman Tumbler A Lego Batman Tumbler  @larson1977 Can I move in with you ???.

I need  a passport , a sutecase , a plane ticket No wait I carnt Fly dont have wings  so Ferry Ticket ??.

SERIOUSLY A WOUNDERFUL AWESOME My Friend ?????

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

YOU HAVE A LEGO Batman Tumbler A Lego Batman Tumbler  @larson1977 Can I move in with you 1f49e.png1f48b.png1f444.png.

I need  a passport , a sutecase , a plane ticket No wait I carnt Fly dont have wings  so Ferry Ticket 1f602.png1f602.png.

SERIOUSLY A WOUNDERFUL AWESOME My Friend 1f60a.png1f49e.png1f48b.png1f49e.png1f49e.png

Don't hate me but.........

It is a Lepin Tumbler ;)

But that aside, you're always welcome :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hdblueman said:

Hey @larson1977 what's the difference between a Lepin brick and a Lego brick?Are they different sizes or something. 

Nothing, exactly the same. I was very sceptic myself. I bought two sets last week. The tumbler and the green groser. The original Lego tumbler costs €400 and the lepin was €70. It has exactly the same colors, dimensions etc so they're fully compatible with the original (which I have a lot) Honestly, I had to buy 5 bricks at the local Lego store for the tumbler which costed me €0,30 ;) not that they were missing, I liked 'my' colors better :) you can say that the quality of Lepin is 95% of that from Lego for less than 20% of the price. Green groser will be build this week but already 3 other modular buildings building sets :) will post pics when build.

New love..... But much cheaper..... and blasphemy for some ;) Lepin will burn in hell but not a hole in my wallet......

IDUkKqm.jpg

uPbLMnG.jpg

PIMXicg.jpg

Edited by larson1977
  • Like 1

Makes sense to get the cheaper version especially if there the same and compatible with your original Lego.

Look forward to seeing pictures of the green groser. ?

The Tumbler is pretty cool ?  

Loved building with Lego and Meccano when i was younger hours of fun. Might have to get myself a set. ?

Awards

2 minutes ago, hdblueman said:

Makes sense to get the cheaper version especially if there the same and compatible with your original Lego.

Look forward to seeing pictures of the green groser. 1f603.png

The Tumbler is pretty cool 1f60e.png  

Loved building with Lego and Meccano when i was younger hours of fun. Might have to get myself a set. 1f601.png

I am 39 years old but it felt like being a child again building the tumbler. Took about 7 hours and it was both relaxing and some how challenging. When finished they are pretty easy to sell without a lot of loss ;) tumbler won't go anywhere just because it's the most awesome movie vehicle ever :)