IGNORED

Prefix-UC Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame (2010) (UHD CLUB Exclusive DP #??) (Digipak Hardbox) (Blu-ray) [China]

• ★ Administrators ★

MP Group Buy Here

Info & Questions Topic here

Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame (2010) (UHD CLUB Exclusive DP #??) (Digipak Hardbox) (Blu-ray) [China]

Release Date: TBC

Price: TBA

Limited: TBC

Note:  Media Psychos will be the only official groupbuy for this release!

detective-dee2010.jpg

• Like 6

• ★ Administrators ★

4af06dd5892ab3606c35d05c6b821d860da81de2

Our Group Buy is noe open.

new group buy.gif

If you're interested in this release do not wait to long with joining the GB. It is possible that we have to close the GB even before or very soon after Beauty Shots are out (depending how hot the demand in china is).

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ajames212 said:

Never seen this. One of the reasons why I'm hoping to get a copy. That and the fact it's UHDCLUB.  

Pretty great action, and overall goofy and fun. If this were a steelbook, or if the beauty shots were out and amazing, I'd definitely be in the GB already.

I think the film has been free on Amazon Prime for a while, so you can check out a bit of it to see if you like it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ethnosax said:

Pretty great action, and overall goofy and fun. If this were a steelbook, or if the beauty shots were out and amazing, I'd definitely be in the GB already.

I think the film has been free on Amazon Prime for a while, so you can check out a bit of it to see if you like it.

Thank you. Definitely need to get that Amazon prime. 

This was the 1st (and arguably the best) of the 3 "Dee" fliks.

The other two are;

- Young Detective Dee [ 2013] (oddly a prequel that came out 3 years after the first), and

- Dee and the the 4 Heavenly Kings [2018] ( which some criticize but I enjoyed it).

I've enjoyed them all (amaray) very much so I think I'll need to jump on this. 🙂

It has cool supernatural vibes, great fights and Dee is sort of a Chinese 'Sherlock Holmes' stylized character.

• Like 3

On 6/28/2021 at 9:39 PM, Grendel said:

It has cool supernatural vibes, great fights and Dee is sort of a Chinese 'Sherlock Holmes' stylized character.

It's based on a series of books that's even more Holmes-y than the movie. I read one of the books, but it didn't make much of an impression—probably because really I wanted to be like the movie. :) I'll read more at some point.

7 minutes ago, tr0llhatt said:

Seems like an absolute spectacle of a movie judging by the trailer

If I remember right, at the time of its release one of the main criticisms from fans of martial arts films was that this one uses a fair bit of CGI—and not particularly seamless in its integration. I think some people felt that it was not quite in line with standards of the genre. Maybe that's changed now; I haven't kept up.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...