IGNORED

WeET Thor Ragnarok (WeET Exclusive #012) (WEA 4K UHD 3D/2D Steelbook) [Korea]

cypheria078

7 hours ago, Tonic24k said:

Absolutely SAME! I grew up reading X-Men comic books and watching the 90s animated series. Fox utterly butchered this franchise. And I love talking sht about Fox for this. So here we go...

I mean, they had the A-List from Marvel and sharted the bed. Like in the way you're on a camping trip with friends, staying in a cabin, and multiple people are sleeping in the same room. There's even a friend of a friend there you've never met so this is their first impression of you. That level of sharting the bed. They recasted everyone just to fulfill some prequel nonsense that jacked up the incoherent timeline more than it already was AND prevented themselves from establishing definitive characters. I.e. RDJ is Iron man. Evans is Cap. EVERY character in the MCU is firm. Even Hulk and War Machine. With Fox, we've got Jackman as Wolverine and Reynolds as Deadpool--who only kinda was in the same universe. That's it really. Even the great actors Fox managed to bamboozle into these films share their character with other actors. And no one believes for a second Fassbender eventually becomes Ian McKellen. This rubbish is more disjointed than Nebula's left arm. And wtf was up with Mystique?? Maybe there was a storyline in the comics I missed but she's a mfing villain. She even goes out of her way to wear a skull belt with attire that doesn't at all require a belt. And this is who is co-leading the X-Men?! It's like the writers tried to initially create compelling development for characters then forgot what they were doing and said fk it, let's just keep going with it. "But isn't Cyclops the leader?" Yeah probably but Mystique is always naked...it'll be fun.

And before I go, let's take a final moment to acknowledge how pathetic it was to adapt the Phoenix Saga TWICE! Next time Simon Kinberg says he has an idea, the response better be, "No tf you don't, get out." Bro...the same storyline...twice... The first time was underwhelming and the second attempt was...well...let's just bring my analogy full circle here. It was like they were waddling to the bathroom in desperation and managed to swipe a thin layer across someone's arm on their way.

So that's how I feel about the Fox-Men. Kevin Feige, take the wheel. I cannot wait for a proper X-Men. 

And PS - Age of Apocalypse performed in the worldwide box office comparably to Ant-Man. Let that sink in.

Thank you... 

As a Kid I only read X-Men comics from Marvel... Nothing else from them, too boring for me...

And obviously read my beloved DC Comics... And yes... I was soooo disapointed about Fox too...

Hope they can make it right from no on... ;)

Edited by LeGonze
  • Like 2

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Tonic24k said:

Absolutely SAME! I grew up reading X-Men comic books and watching the 90s animated series. Fox utterly butchered this franchise. And I love talking sht about Fox for this. So here we go...

I mean, they had the A-List from Marvel and sharted the bed. Like in the way you're on a camping trip with friends, staying in a cabin, and multiple people are sleeping in the same room. There's even a friend of a friend there you've never met so this is their first impression of you. That level of sharting the bed. They recasted everyone just to fulfill some prequel nonsense that jacked up the incoherent timeline more than it already was AND prevented themselves from establishing definitive characters. I.e. RDJ is Iron man. Evans is Cap. EVERY character in the MCU is firm. Even Hulk and War Machine. With Fox, we've got Jackman as Wolverine and Reynolds as Deadpool--who only kinda was in the same universe. That's it really. Even the great actors Fox managed to bamboozle into these films share their character with other actors. And no one believes for a second Fassbender eventually becomes Ian McKellen. This rubbish is more disjointed than Nebula's left arm. And wtf was up with Mystique?? Maybe there was a storyline in the comics I missed but she's a mfing villain. She even goes out of her way to wear a skull belt with attire that doesn't at all require a belt. And this is who is co-leading the X-Men?! It's like the writers tried to initially create compelling development for characters then forgot what they were doing and said fk it, let's just keep going with it. "But isn't Cyclops the leader?" Yeah probably but Mystique is always naked...it'll be fun.

And before I go, let's take a final moment to acknowledge how pathetic it was to adapt the Phoenix Saga TWICE! Next time Simon Kinberg says he has an idea, the response better be, "No tf you don't, get out." Bro...the same storyline...twice... The first time was underwhelming and the second attempt was...well...let's just bring my analogy full circle here. It was like they were waddling to the bathroom in desperation and managed to swipe a thin layer across someone's arm on their way.

So that's how I feel about the Fox-Men. Kevin Feige, take the wheel. I cannot wait for a proper X-Men. 

And PS - Age of Apocalypse performed in the worldwide box office comparably to Ant-Man. Let that sink in.

@Tonic24k

giphy.gif

Well put, hopefully now being under Feige, & his team’s control we can look forward to a brighter future with these characters.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, tr0llhatt said:

Y'all are forgetting Blade!

@tr0llhatt

giphy.gif

No one is forgetting Blade. Those movies don’t exist in the MCU, & at the time they was being released studios didn’t heavily market the character as a Marvel superhero. Blade was mostly marketed as a Wesley Snipes gothic, horror, vampire action a$$ kicking movie. Now that the character’s movie rights is back home we will see the difference in how the character will be treated here on out.

Also @Fortis93technically bent the rules by adding a movie that also doesn’t exist in the MCU, but I think it’s okay, because 1 that’s his authentic list, 2 his pick wasn’t a bad movie even though it exist in its own messy disjointed cinematic universe, & lastly his inclusion of a film outside the franchise made for an interesting detour of the conversation.

Now since you did bring up Blade

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Blade 1 & 2

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Blade 3 had some good moments, but overall it’s 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

Ok Ok, I’m not going to make this something it needn't be and will just agree to disagree. The Iron Man Trilogy is Gold. Let’s face it, it is what launched the whole thing in the first place. Yes the 3rd could have been better without doubt, but for me that movie is more about the path of Tony Stark and character building than anything else. I think we as an audience were being tested.

Ironman being the character that was used to launch the universe doesn’t mean the actual movies are any good. His character on paper is the easiest to market & has the most potential for making a ton of money outside the movies through merchandise.  It was strategically very wise of them to start with Tony, but on reflection when you consider Ironman is the face of the franchise his trilogy of movies isn’t pound for pound the best of the franchise.

Don’t get me wrong objectively speaking none of his movies are bad, subjectively though Ironman 2, & 3 are very much a let down. If we are just talking about character development, the movies do right by Tony which is why his arc in Endgame has so much meaning. I do agree that audiences was being tested in a way with how Ironman three was set up, & I’m glad financially the movie did well, because taking reasonable risks w/the storylines keeps these stories fresh, & I don’t want the studio’s to shy away from that. Basically for as great as the character is, his movies don’t completely match that greatness.

I’ll also throw this one out there and will expect a full on barrage of abuse.... The Winter Soldier wasn’t all that.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Most people on here who Love that movie also love Bond & Tenet, so that’s all I need to say on the matter. 😂😂😂

giphy.gif

and here I thought you was on here to have a serious conversation 

giphy.gif

Anyway, what we DO agree on is that out of all of the MCU there isn’t a “Bad” movie in there. The same cannot be said about it’s cousins over at Warner/DC. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• ★ Administrators ★
22 hours ago, MadMike said:

Hey guys - this will be my first GB on Media. I am positive I want an edition, just not sure which one. Can I join the group buy now to secure my spot even though I am not positive which edition?

To add to the conversation, my top 5 in no order:

Infinity War

Ragnarok

Winter Solider 

Iron Man 1

Guardians of the Galaxy 1

Black Panther (ok I had to include 6)

@MadMike if you change your mind on which edition you want (maybe B2 instead of B1) after the beauty shots come out, simply post a request to change your selection in the I&Q thread here. Thanks

• Like 2

17 hours ago, deckard99 said:

@MadMike if you change your mind on which edition you want (maybe B2 instead of B1) after the beauty shots come out, simply post a request to change your selection in the I&Q thread here. Thanks

Thanks bud! That was exactly my plan, might get B2 instead of B1 lol

• Like 2

17 hours ago, deckard99 said:

You guys keep bugging me out with these GB rules 😂.... one min we’re not meant to post a request until the beauty shots are out, and now we can make a request and change it when the BS are out?! 😲

Sooooo.... You guys are happy for me to go for a FS now and make a decision later (if I want to switch it)? 😀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

You guys keep bugging me out with these GB rules 😂.... one min we’re not meant to post a request until the beauty shots are out, and now we can make a request and change it when the BS are out?! 😲

Sooooo.... You guys are happy for me to go for a FS now and make a decision later (if I want to switch it)? 😀

I totally sympathize with your exasperation. In general, if a title is known to be really popular (or will be) then MP will start the GB so that they can get an idea of numbers they will need. I believe this also helps inform the manufacturers (Blufans, HDZeta etc) decisions on print runs. When MP finds out the actual details such as one clicks and # of editions then members can go in and modify their initial reservation to indicate their actual "order"

• Like 1

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
21 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

There has been no change. Members can change or add editions until we close the GB (or until we announce that we've reached our max on a specific edition). We ask that members who are unsure if they want to join or not to join at all to wait for beauty shots because we don't allow dropping out.

We wouldn't have opened the GB if members weren't meant to post requests.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

You were always allowed to change. That's what I would do but I know I'm just gonna get both fullslips anyways soo...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

There has been no change. Members can change or add editions until we close the GB (or until we announce that we've reached our max on a specific edition). We ask that members who are unsure if they want to join or not to join at all to wait for beauty shots because we don't allow dropping out.

6 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

You were always allowed to change. That's what I would do but I know I'm just gonna get both fullslips anyways soo...

I think @Pbsw23 is used to and talking about those GBs that usually open on Pre-Registration phase... And when we get BS changes to Update phase... ^_^

But yeah, buddy @Pbsw23... I think we've done a few WeET GBs this way... I think since ASM1&2... 9_9

You should register now for a FS to save your spot... ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

I think @Pbsw23 is used to and talking about those GBs that usually open on Pre-Registration phase... And when we get BS changes to Update phase... ^_^

But yeah, buddy @Pbsw23... I think we've done a few WeET GBs this way... I think since ASM1&2... 9_9

You should register now for a FS to save your spot... ;)

@LeGonze is right. I was addressing the pre-registration phase in my reply. It's not exactly intuitive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awards

@deckard99 @LeGonze

I’m 99.99% certain that we were advised not to join the WeET End Game GB until we knew what edition we wanted, so for 1-clickers they could join. This was to reduce the amount of admin on you mods.

I had thought that this one was running the same from Nils comments, but no worries. I know 100% that I want a FS. Just not sure which yet 😁👍🏼

Cheers guys and thanks @WesternBronco Submission is in. 🍻

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 4

I think the feedback I got before was technically the rules are you can join if your positive you will be ordering something. I believe with certain titles that have large production runs like End Game we were told just wait till the beauty shots come out and not to worry as we will get a copy as long as we join when they come out. That's my two cents from the stalking I did before. 

• Like 2

@LeGonze I get what you are all saying about you could sign up for a FS A1 and change later, but does that also go for One Clicks?  Meaning, can I, if I know I want something, sign up for a FS for example, and then later when the BS come out change that to One Click?  Or does OC work differently where if I decide on want that after the BS come out it's an addition b/c I committed to a single edition?

Thanks!!

AndroiDad75🤖

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AndroiDad75 said:

@LeGonze I get what you are all saying about you could sign up for a FS A1 and change later, but does that also go for One Clicks?  Meaning, can I, if I know I want something, sign up for a FS for example, and then later when the BS come out change that to One Click?  Or does OC work differently where if I decide on want that after the BS come out it's an addition b/c I committed to a single edition?

Thanks!!

AndroiDad75🤖

Yes it’s the same thing. But if you’re thinking of the OC as a possibility… I would select OC now and if BS meet my expectations just keep it… If not, then just change it for a Single. This way you save your spot. 😉😉

I say this because OCs usually sell out pretty fast, and when we get BS everyone wants a OC. If you select a Single now and want to change it to OC after BS you might not get it.

Hope I explained my self… 😅😅

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

Yes it’s the same thing. But if you’re thinking of the OC as a possibility… I would select OC now and if BS meet my expectations just keep it… If not, then just change it for a Single. This way you save your spot. 😉😉

I say this because OCs usually sell out pretty fast, and when we get BS everyone wants a OC. If you select a Single now and want to change it to OC after BS you might not get it.

Hope I explained my self… 😅😅

Perfect, thank you so much!  I was going to ask the reverse, once I realized I hadn't - whether I could select a OC and then change to a single. 

Thank you so much!

AndroiDad75🤖

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/9/2021 at 11:10 AM, Basil said:

@Mrs.Robinson new black widow film this year from trailer it's looking good so far :D

@BasilSeen it, yes, all the supporting cast is fabulous. 

Happy Season 2 GIF by The Good Place

On 6/9/2021 at 12:11 PM, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Mrs.Robinson 

In Marvel’s defense Emily Blunt couldn’t accept the role because she was contractually obligated with another studio. She was forced to appear in the movie Gulliver’s Travels instead. I heard her speak about it in a interview on YouTube. I also agree with you about Incredible Hulk, Mark is wonderful in the role, & so was Edward. I don’t like using the term “underrated”, but Norton’s Hulk film feels underrated amongst MCU fans or at least under appreciate.

@Hollywood E RockYes, I know, I read about it too, but I am still sad over the fact we could actually get someone who can act well. Emily would really be perfect. She kicked ass in Edge of tomorrow, to name just one. She gets things done! ;) 

emily blunt bag GIF by Walt Disney Studios

Agree, underappreciated is a very nice way of putting it for dear Hulk ... 

On 6/9/2021 at 9:02 PM, CryoSteel said:

I mean, that's not the only reason, but having the MCU Terminator in this movie certainly doesn't hurt. 😅

@CryoSteelFor sure, Bucky isn't the only reason, naaah, but he played a vital part and made things interesting for me. The highway scenes are absolutely awesome. Huge huuuuge re-play value ...

I Like It GIF by memecandy

• Like 2

Awards