IGNORED

WeET Thor Ragnarok (WeET Exclusive #012) (WEA 4K UHD 3D/2D Steelbook) [Korea]

cypheria078

2 hours ago, MadMike said:

Hey guys - this will be my first GB on Media. I am positive I want an edition, just not sure which one. Can I join the group buy now to secure my spot even though I am not positive which edition?

To add to the conversation, my top 5 in no order:

Infinity War

Ragnarok

Winter Solider 

Iron Man 1

Guardians of the Galaxy 1

Black Panther (ok I had to include 6)

Hey @MadMike

Yes you can join the GB early as long as you’re absolutely positive that you will be buying at least one edition. Also (if you haven’t already) before you buy make sure you read & understand our Group Buy rules. Link provided below

If you have more questions don’t hesitate to ask, we’re always happy to help.

Take Care

Edward

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, MadMike said:

Infinity War

Ragnarok

Winter Solider 

Iron Man 1

I like this one. Very close to mine:

• Guardians of the Galaxy 1 ('80s kid here, the opening scene is one of my faves eeeeever haha)
  • Winter Soldier (because Bucky, hah)
  • Iron Man (you're the first, baby!)
  • Infinity War (just epic)
  • Incredible Hulk (love Ruffalo, but I liked Norton as Hulk, too, what can I do)

And I'll never, never ever fogive Marvel for not casting Emily Blunt as the Black Widow. 

Come On Reaction GIF

• Like 3

Awards

2 hours ago, Mrs.Robinson said:

I like this one. Very close to mine:

• Guardians of the Galaxy 1 ('80s kid here, the opening scene is one of my faves eeeeever haha)
  • Iron Man (you're the first, baby!)
  • Infinity War (just epic)
  • Incredible Hulk (love Ruffalo, but I liked Norton as Hulk, too, what can I do)

And I'll never, never ever fogive Marvel for not casting Emily Blunt as the Black Widow. 

Come On Reaction GIF

@Mrs.Robinson 

In Marvel’s defense Emily Blunt couldn’t accept the role because she was contractually obligated with another studio. She was forced to appear in the movie Gulliver’s Travels instead. I heard her speak about it in a interview on YouTube. I also agree with you about Incredible Hulk, Mark is wonderful in the role, & so was Edward. I don’t like using the term “underrated”, but Norton’s Hulk film feels underrated amongst MCU fans or at least under appreciate.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

In no particular order, my top 5 Marvel films would be:

1. Infinity War / Endgame

2. Iron Man

3. Guardians of the Galaxy

4. X-Men: Days of Future Past

5. Captain America: Civil War

Days of Future Past? 

giphy.gif

While I agree DOFP is one of the stronger X-Men films, I personally can’t put any X-Men films in my list. I can’t get over how Fox dropped the ball with the franchise. Ever time I find myself watching any of those films I’m reminded of missed opportunities. It frustrating for me as an X-Men fan. When comic stories are being adapted for the big screen I expect some changes to be made, but the decisions that where made are criminal.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Days of Future Past? 

giphy.gif

While I agree DOFP is one of the stronger X-Men films, I personally can’t put any X-Men films in my list. I can’t get over how Fox dropped the ball with the franchise. Ever time I find myself watching any of those films I’m reminded of missed opportunities. It frustrating for me as an X-Men fan. When comic stories are being adapted for the big screen I expect some changes to be made, but the decisions that where made are criminal.

That's a fair point. 

I haven't read the comics myself, so I have nothing else to compare the film to.

All I know was I really enjoyed the story (which I believe was adapted from the Days of Future Past storyline) and the way it was told.

Reminded me of T2 of all films in a lot of ways.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Days of Future Past? 

giphy.gif

Absolutely SAME! I grew up reading X-Men comic books and watching the 90s animated series. Fox utterly butchered this franchise. And I love talking sht about Fox for this. So here we go...

I mean, they had the A-List from Marvel and sharted the bed. Like in the way you're on a camping trip with friends, staying in a cabin, and multiple people are sleeping in the same room. There's even a friend of a friend there you've never met so this is their first impression of you. That level of sharting the bed. They recasted everyone just to fulfill some prequel nonsense that jacked up the incoherent timeline more than it already was AND prevented themselves from establishing definitive characters. I.e. RDJ is Iron man. Evans is Cap. EVERY character in the MCU is firm. Even Hulk and War Machine. With Fox, we've got Jackman as Wolverine and Reynolds as Deadpool--who only kinda was in the same universe. That's it really. Even the great actors Fox managed to bamboozle into these films share their character with other actors. And no one believes for a second Fassbender eventually becomes Ian McKellen. This rubbish is more disjointed than Nebula's left arm. And wtf was up with Mystique?? Maybe there was a storyline in the comics I missed but she's a mfing villain. She even goes out of her way to wear a skull belt with attire that doesn't at all require a belt. And this is who is co-leading the X-Men?! It's like the writers tried to initially create compelling development for characters then forgot what they were doing and said fk it, let's just keep going with it. "But isn't Cyclops the leader?" Yeah probably but Mystique is always naked...it'll be fun.

And before I go, let's take a final moment to acknowledge how pathetic it was to adapt the Phoenix Saga TWICE! Next time Simon Kinberg says he has an idea, the response better be, "No tf you don't, get out." Bro...the same storyline...twice... The first time was underwhelming and the second attempt was...well...let's just bring my analogy full circle here. It was like they were waddling to the bathroom in desperation and managed to swipe a thin layer across someone's arm on their way.

So that's how I feel about the Fox-Men. Kevin Feige, take the wheel. I cannot wait for a proper X-Men. 

And PS - Age of Apocalypse performed in the worldwide box office comparably to Ant-Man. Let that sink in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

Dude, you’re obviously wigging out big time on this topic, so I’m not even going to poke you about where your glorious painstaking ranking falls fowl.... 🤭😂😂😂

Just joking mate, I love how passionate you have to be to even pull this together! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Great work fella

Seriously though.... Capt Marvel As “Superior” and ranking above Avengers?! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Bruv, Have a word. 😉

Haha, well like I said before, Avengers did not age well for me. I appreciate Avengers more than Captain Marvel...but upon rewatch, I enjoy Captain Marvel more than Avengers. I also flat out disagree that CM was as bad a movie as people try to make it out to be. I mean it's still pretty low on my list tho. And again, it's all relative...even the lowest film on the list isn't bad, per se. All the other films are just better. 

As for GotG Vol. 2...it is 100% a better and more enjoyable film than IM2 and IM3. I love the character and I love RDJ for what he's done with the character. Hell, he's one of my favorites just like most people. So it pains me to say it. But he simply has the worst trilogy. Other films bring more to his arc than his own solo films. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tonic24k said:

As for GotG Vol. 2...it is 100% a better and more enjoyable film than IM2 and IM3. I love the character and I love RDJ for what he's done with the character. Hell, he's one of my favorites just like most people. So it pains me to say it. But he simply has the worst trilogy. Other films bring more to his arc than his own solo films. 

I'm inclined to agree with this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Days of Future Past? 

giphy.gif

Well.... atleast Fox did deadpool the way it needed to be... @Hollywood E Rock

ryan reynolds deadpool GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tonic24k said:

Haha, well like I said before, Avengers did not age well for me. I appreciate Avengers more than Captain Marvel...but upon rewatch, I enjoy Captain Marvel more than Avengers. I also flat out disagree that CM was as bad a movie as people try to make it out to be. I mean it's still pretty low on my list tho. And again, it's all relative...even the lowest film on the list isn't bad, per se. All the other films are just better. 

Ok Ok, I’m not going to make this something it needn't be and will just agree to disagree. The Iron Man Trilogy is Gold. Let’s face it, it is what launched the whole thing in the first place. Yes the 3rd could have been better without doubt, but for me that movie is more about the path of Tony Stark and character building than anything else. I think we as an audience were being tested.

I’ll also throw this one out there and will expect a full on barrage of abuse.... The Winter Soldier wasn’t all that. Most people on here who Love that movie also love Bond & Tenet, so that’s all I need to say on the matter. 😂😂😂

I understand your comment about movies ageing well, but that just makes it all about effects doesn’t it? That just means the newer movies will always move to the top of the list right?

Anyway, what we DO agree on is that out of all of the MCU there isn’t a “Bad” movie in there. The same cannot be said about it’s cousins over at Warner/DC. 🤭🤫😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Ok Ok, I’m not going to make this something it needn't be and will just agree to disagree. The Iron Man Trilogy is Gold. Let’s face it, it is what launched the whole thing in the first place. Yes the 3rd could have been better without doubt, but for me that movie is more about the path of Tony Stark and character building than anything else. I think we as an audience were being tested.

I’ll also throw this one out there and will expect a full on barrage of abuse.... The Winter Soldier wasn’t all that. Most people on here who Love that movie also love Bond & Tenet, so that’s all I need to say on the matter. 😂😂😂

I understand your comment about movies ageing well, but that just makes it all about effects doesn’t it? That just means the newer movies will always move to the top of the list right?

Anyway, what we DO agree on is that out of all of the MCU there isn’t a “Bad” movie in there. The same cannot be said about it’s cousins over at Warner/DC. 🤭🤫😂

I'll throw my 2 cents in too, I've never thought about my definitive list from top to bottom.. but when I did an MCU rewatch, I thought the same as when I seen it in cinema that Thor dark world is the least enjoyable MCU movie for me.

Ps Tenet is UNREAL 

Edited by Robertm89
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

For the record, nothing about this seems argumentative. One of the things I appreciate about the MCU is how vast it is. This is to say, it has something for everyone. You loving the Iron Man trilogy more than me only makes me appreciate the MCU even more. Like when @Intentcoin gave us his list of rankings. I don't personally agree with that list but I think it's dope af that different movies appeal to him for different reasons. 

And yeah, newer movies will inherently have that advantage to them as far as my assessment goes. But it certainly doesn't mean they'll default to being a better film, per se. But with 10 years of filmmaking, there's just natural maturation. I.e. Dying Thor's eyebrows blonde was dumb, Cap's costume in Avengers looked goofy as hell, some of these jokes didn't land like we thought they would, the pacing was off in a particular film, etc. So later films are just made wiser. But using CM as a continued example, even with this to its benefit, it still ranked pretty low for me. Now on the other side of this argument, is how I'm judging the films. If I'm going by how I felt when I initially watched a film, it's going to potentially rank differently than by how I feel rewatching it. This also implies that a film could potentially rank higher in later years. For example, maybe the cultural appeal of Black Panther doesn't outlast the charm of Cap 1's WWII era setting. Or maybe Thor Ragnarok's humor isn't the same for me in 5 years while GotG is still just as fun as the first time I watched it.

So anyway. I guess I'm a nerd or whatever. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Tonic24k said:

For the record, nothing about this seems argumentative. One of the things I appreciate about the MCU is how vast it is. This is to say, it has something for everyone. You loving the Iron Man trilogy more than me only makes me appreciate the MCU even more. Like when @Intentcoin gave us his list of rankings. I don't personally agree with that list but I think it's dope af that different movies appeal to him for different reasons. 

And yeah, newer movies will inherently have that advantage to them as far as my assessment goes. But it certainly doesn't mean they'll default to being a better film, per se. But with 10 years of filmmaking, there's just natural maturation. I.e. Dying Thor's eyebrows blonde was dumb, Cap's costume in Avengers looked goofy as hell, some of these jokes didn't land like we thought they would, the pacing was off in a particular film, etc. So later films are just made wiser. But using CM as a continued example, even with this to its benefit, it still ranked pretty low for me. Now on the other side of this argument, is how I'm judging the films. If I'm going by how I felt when I initially watched a film, it's going to potentially rank differently than by how I feel rewatching it. This also implies that a film could potentially rank higher in later years. For example, maybe the cultural appeal of Black Panther doesn't outlast the charm of Cap 1's WWII era setting. Or maybe Thor Ragnarok's humor isn't the same for me in 5 years while GotG is still just as fun as the first time I watched it.

Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

This place would be boring if we didn’t have differences in opinion, and everyone agreed with each other. 

Edited by RAK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MadMike said:

Infinity War

Ragnarok

Winter Solider 

Iron Man 1

You and I are basically on the same page:

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

2. Guardians of the Galaxy

3. Avengers: Infinity War

4. Thor: Ragnarok

5. Iron Man

I'd love to be able to slot Black Widow into this list, since I'm a huge Taskmaster fan. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

11 hours ago, Mrs.Robinson said:

I mean, that's not the only reason, but having the MCU Terminator in this movie certainly doesn't hurt. 😅

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Can't be bothered with putting up a list of all 23, so I'll just do top 5 and bottom 5 that I'd rank, as the ones I rate and watch a lot or not as the case may be!

Top.

1. Captain America Winter Soldier

2. Avengers Infinity War

3. Iron Man

4. Avengers

5. Thor

Bottom

1. Black Panther.

2. Spider-Man Homecoming

3. Spider-Man Far From Home

4. Hulk

5. Ant-Man

EvenImpishLarva-size_restricted.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Awards

1 hour ago, Tonic24k said:

This Guy gets it. 

Love this post @Tonic24k From one Marvel head to another... 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Cheers. 🍻

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1