IGNORED

WeET Thor Ragnarok (WeET Exclusive #012) (WEA 4K UHD 3D/2D Steelbook) [Korea]

cypheria078

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I can safely say that this Steelbook will not be taking Blufans place on the display stand. I’m Sure it will look nice in hand but I do not seeing it top BF effort. The slip however will 100% be relegating the BF slip to the cupboard 😁👍🏼

@SilentasKnight @Intentcoin Absolutely agree. Whilst decent enough to re-watch, Capt Marvel was a huge let down at the time of release following all of its predecessors.

@Veum You know not what you speak of Sir. 🤫😂 Ragnarok is easily the best Thor movie, raising the bar and setting the tone for future MCU movies. 🤓Obviously your opinion is always welcome in my book Mike, but mate..... that was a doozy. 😂😂

@Tonic24k You’re hating on IM2??! 😲 The movie that brought us War Machine & Black Widow?! I am Shocked Sir... Shocked. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I know I'm putting myself on the spot here saying this,

Peekaboo Dragons' Den GIF by CBC

but ... I've been looking at the (beautiful) BF steel art, comparing it to the new (beautiful and slightly altered from what we've seen so it's not EXACTLY the same, no) Weet's one ...

Look Inspect GIF by IFHT Films

... and, call me just feeling-sorry-for-myself-for-missing-out-on-BF ...

30 Rock Crying GIF

... buuuuut I have to say I actually prefer this art on the steelbook.

Omg GIF by WE tv

I never liked this art as a fullslip or a lenticular much, but like this, looking straight at me from the steelbook, I'm thinking ...

Zach Galifianakis Yes GIF

So one day, when we have these in hands in all their gorgeous fulslip and lenti glory, I might get over craving the BF one. I totally have faith in Weet.

Happy Do It GIF

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Awards

11 hours ago, Intentcoin said:

Yeah but that one sucks lol

I will say tho, Zavvi came to the rescue on this one. If you live in the US that is. Best Buy put out this series of 4K variants for the original 3 trilogies except never made one for Thor Ragnarok. So you had Iron Man 1-3, Captain America 1-3, Thor 1-2. 😑 

I'm speaking from the perspective of a completist tho. I understand some of y'all collect based on artwork alone and what you want to display. 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Veum said:

Black Cat Filing Nails GIF by swerk

giphy.gif

Before you made your comment members was speaking about Ragnarok being in their top 5. You replied by naming the MCU movies you preferred. Your comment was hilarious, because you didn’t have to name almost every movie the company has produced to get your point across (you could have just listed your top 5), but In Veum fashion you chose to be over the top. Basically you’re Psycho & your antics is

giphy.gif

Edited by Hollywood E Rock
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Intentcoin said:

IW is better than endgame. Homecoming is better than FFH. Iron man should be higher, avengers should be higher, black panther should be lower, AoU should be lower, and cap marvel should be lower

I've come to the conclusion that this debate will never be resolved. IW and EG are essentially two parts to the same storytelling. They're drastically different in tone and pacing. And that all hinges on the end of IW; that's the turning point. I like them both as individual films for completely different reasons. I simply give Endgame the nod because of its emotional stakes and how it brings 10 years of culmination full circle. 

As for the other points, here is my personal perspective:

• Iron Man can arguably be higher. However, I simply enjoy the developed stories more than I do origin stories. In this case, anyway.
  • Avengers did not age well for me. When I rewatch it, the novelty of its initial appeal isn't there any more. Also, Cap's suit is so bad. Lol
  • Both Spidey films are so close for me. Once again, I give the nod to the more developed story but I really enjoy them both. Villains were adapted incredibly well.
  • No way should Black Panther be lower. The only discrepancy I give that film is the CGI in the last battle. 
  • Age of Ultron is a brilliant film. To this day I have no clue why some people act like it fell short of expectations. 
  • Captain Marvel didn't quite meet my expectations but it's still a good film to me. I feel like some people can't get on board with the film because they just don't like Brie Larson. And I hope we don't have to get into the politics of that but I personally like her. But based on fair assessment, it's still pretty low on the list.

Everyone has their own list. Different films are compelling to different people for different reasons. And I appreciate the hell out of that. This is just my take. 😎 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

@Tonic24k You’re hating on IM2??! 😲 The movie that brought us War Machine & Black Widow?! I am Shocked Sir... Shocked. 😁

Not at all! It's all relative, bro. The MCU is like pizza (my PG version of this analogy), the worst I've ever had was still pretty good. 

I LOVED that scene with Iron Man and War Machine teaming up against that onslaught of robots. I also quite appreciate the Elon Musk cameo! 🚀 

But...in comparison to the entirety of the Infinity Saga, that's where it falls on my list. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Tonic24k said:

I've come to the conclusion that this debate will never be resolved. IW and EG are essentially two parts to the same storytelling. They're drastically different in tone and pacing. And that all hinges on the end of IW; that's the turning point. I like them both as individual films for completely different reasons. I simply give Endgame the nod because of its emotional stakes and how it brings 10 years of culmination full circle. 

As for the other points, here is my personal perspective:

• Iron Man can arguably be higher. However, I simply enjoy the developed stories more than I do origin stories. In this case, anyway.
  • Avengers did not age well for me. When I rewatch it, the novelty of its initial appeal isn't there any more. Also, Cap's suit is so bad. Lol
  • Both Spidey films are so close for me. Once again, I give the nod to the more developed story but I really enjoy them both. Villains were adapted incredibly well.
  • No way should Black Panther be lower. The only discrepancy I give that film is the CGI in the last battle. 
  • Age of Ultron is a brilliant film. To this day I have no clue why some people act like it fell short of expectations. 
  • Captain Marvel didn't quite meet my expectations but it's still a good film to me. I feel like some people can't get on board with the film because they just don't like Brie Larson. And I hope we don't have to get into the politics of that but I personally like her. But based on fair assessment, it's still pretty low on the list.

Everyone has their own list. Different films are compelling to different people for different reasons. And I appreciate the hell out of that. This is just my take. 😎 

Your preference against origin movies certainly explains a lot lol. I also think AoU is good and gets too much hate but I wouldn't put it above iron man and certainly not avengers 1. As for cap marvel, its bot brie Larson that's the problem for me, frankly, I dont care about actors, it's the writing. I thought the movie was ok when I saw it in theaters but upon rewatching it I realized all the problems it had

Heres my list

1. Avengers Infinity War
2. Avengers Endgame
3. Thor Ragnarok
4. Spider-man Homecoming
5. Iron man
6. Avengers
7. Captain America the winter soldier
8. Guardians of the galaxy
9. Civil war
10. Spider-man far from home
11. Guardians of the galaxy vol 2
12. Captain America the first avenger
13. Ant-man
14. Black panther
15. Avengers age of Ultron
16. Ant-man and the wasp
17. Doctor strange
18. Iron man 3
19. Iron man 2
20. Thor
21. Thor the dark world
22. Incredible hulk
23. Captain marvel

I also havent rewatched them since i made this list. My plan is to watch them from worst to best and rearrange as I go and I'll get a much more accurate list rather than doing it by memory

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Intentcoin said:

Your preference against origin movies certainly explains a lot lol. I also think AoU is good and gets too much hate but I wouldn't put it above iron man and certainly not avengers 1. As for cap marvel, its bot brie Larson that's the problem for me, frankly, I dont care about actors, it's the writing. I thought the movie was ok when I saw it in theaters but upon rewatching it I realized all the problems it had

Heres my list

1. Avengers Infinity War
2. Avengers Endgame
3. Thor Ragnarok
4. Spider-man Homecoming
5. Iron man
6. Avengers
9. Civil war
13. Ant-man
14. Black panther
16. Ant-man and the wasp
17. Doctor strange
18. Iron man 3
19. Iron man 2
20. Thor
21. Thor the dark world
22. Incredible hulk
23. Captain marvel

I also havent rewatched them since i made this list. My plan is to watch them from worst to best and rearrange as I go and I'll get a much more accurate list rather than doing it by memory

This is a legit list. I dig it!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

Heres my list

1. Avengers Infinity War
2. Avengers Endgame
3. Thor Ragnarok
4. Spider-man Homecoming
5. Iron man
6. Avengers
9. Civil war
13. Ant-man
14. Black panther
16. Ant-man and the wasp
17. Doctor strange
18. Iron man 3
19. Iron man 2
20. Thor
21. Thor the dark world
22. Incredible hulk
23. Captain marvel

I dismissed this list as soon as I saw Homecoming at 5 and Doctor Strange at 17... 🤣🤣

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

I like this one... Just don’t understand why there’s so much hate for Hulk movie... I liked it...

Also would put Ant-Man waaaay higher... 😅😉

I also like hulk it's just that I like everything else more. Like I said I like them all except captain marvel but when you make a list, something has to be at the bottom lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2