Dune (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Ultimate Edition) (Koch Film Shop Exclusive) [Germany]

• ★ Administrators ★

Dune (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Ultimate Edition) (Koch Film Shop Exclusive) [Germany]

Release Date: TBA, 2021

Price: 99,99 €

Purchase Link: Kochfilms

Note: 4K UHD & 5 x BD Disc & Soundtrack

Extras und Besonderheiten

• Fotoband mit Entwürfen und Setfotos von Ron Miller, dem Production Designer von DUNE, inkl. eines Interviews mit ihm
  • Booklet mit einem Essay von Paul Poet
  • DUNE – Die Comicadaption von Bill Sienkiewicz und Ralph Macchio

Disc 1:

• 4K-UHD: Neue 4K-Abtastung vom Originalnegativ von Koch Films
  • Ton: Deutsch/Englisch – DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
  • Untertitel: Deutsch
  • Extras: Deutscher und englischer Trailer / Bildergalerie

Disc 2:

• Blu-ray-Version von Disc 1

Disc 3:

• Neue Extras:
  • Neue spielfilmlange Dokumentation „Der Schläfer muss erwachen – Making of DUNE“ mit vielen neuen interviews
  • Neues Interview mit Schauspieler Jürgen Prochnow
  • Featurette „Jenseits unserer Vorstellungskraft – Das Merchandise“ von und mit Brian Sillman (Netflix’s THE TOYS THAT MADE US)
  • Featurette „Prophecy Fulfilled – Die Filmmusik” mit neuen Interviews mit Steve Lukather und Steve Porcaro von Toto sowie Filmmusik-Historiker Tim Greiving
  • Interview mit Spezialeffektkünstler Giannetto De Rossi

Disc 4:

• Video-Archiv:
    • “Destination DUNE” – zeitgenössisches Making of
    • “Impressions of DUNE” – Making of-Dokumentation von 2003
    • Geschnittene Szenen, teilweise mit Kommentar von Raffaela De Laurentiis
    • Featurette “Designing DUNE” – über das Produktionsdesign
    • Featurette „DUNE Models and Minatures“ – über die Modelle
    • Featurette „DUNE FX“ – über die Spezialeffekte
    • Featurette “DUNE Wardrobe Design” – über die Kostüme
    • Sean Youngs Super8-Aufnahmen vom Set
    • Interview mit Schauspieler Paul Smith
    • Interview mit Production Coordinator Golda Offenheim
  • Audio-Archiv:
    • Interview mit David Lynch (Guardian Lectures 1985)
    • Radiointerview mit Frank Herbert zum Filmstart
    • David Lynch im Gespräch mit Frank Herbert zum Filmstart
    • Frank Herbert über die Entstehung von Dune

Disc 5:

• Extended Version 1

Disc 6:

• Extended Version 2

Disc 7:

• Soundtrack CD mit 17 Tracks, ca. 41 Minuten
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• ★ Administrators ★
5 minutes ago, tr0llhatt said:

Hmm, yeah - I'm gonna need some pictures of the packaging on this one.

Also, now that they're doing the movie, where's the tv series?! Give it!

There are some nice Japanese editions for the tv series Dune and Children of Dune but expensive 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

There are some nice Japanese editions for the tv series Dune and Children of Dune but expensive 

Very cool! I'm gonna have a look at those as the tv series is in my opinion by far superior. Children of Dune isn't all that, but as Pippin says "What about second breakfast?!".

• Like 1

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, tr0llhatt said:

Very cool! I'm gonna have a look at those as the tv series is in my opinion by far superior. Children of Dune isn't all that, but as Pippin says "What about second breakfast?!".

There are some limitations with the Japan editions though. I believe subtitles are Japanese only. Details on Amazon JP

• Like 1

vor 5 Minuten schrieb deckard99:

There are some limitations with the Japan editions though. I believe subtitles are Japanese only. Details on Amazon JP

Yes, it's also the same with the Japanese 30th Anniversary Edition of the movie. Subtitles only in Japanese. I never open the edition so I cannot prove if the English audio track is okay or not.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

Doesn't matter to be perfectly honest as I already have them, just want some cool physical edition :)

Also, it seems like the Koch release will include the "Spicediver" cut which supposedly makes it a more coherent/better experience, but I've not seen it myself so no comment.
https://i.postimg.cc/7h9vkDmZ/spidediver.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Awards

Well, I've ordered (via Zavvi), both the LE Steel collection and the Hardbox CE edition already, so, I may be "Duned" sufficiently at this point.

I do have the extended ed on the older DVD in the SteelBook that was released back then.

I'm a serious fan of Dune, and have all of Frank's HC books ( and a few of his Kid's) and also;

- The Dune TV series

- The Kids Of Dune TV series, and

- both soundtracks on CD. (the track "Inama Nushif" on Children of Dune, sends a delicious shiver up my spine every time I play it (at level... 11).

- Oh, and recently ordered the "Jodorowski's Dune epic fiasco Blu.

As the Koch "ultimate eds" are not exactly known for flying off the shelf, I suspect I have time to see if I need to jump on it.

That official "Fan Edit" certainly intrigues though, gotta say....

Also, quite anxious to see what Villineuve gives us this Summer/Fall/Winter/ whenever...

For giggles, here's a cute pic;

image.thumb.jpeg.46815013bc644c142e4f988ecf71459d.jpeg

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 6

• ★ Administrators ★
3 hours ago, Grendel said:

Well, I've ordered (via Zavvi), both the LE Steel collection and the Hardbox CE edition already, so, I may be "Duned" sufficiently at this point.

I do have the extended ed on the older DVD in the SteelBook that was released back then.

I'm a serious fan of Dune, and have all of Frank's HC books ( and a few of his Kid's) and also;

- The Dune TV series

- both soundtracks on CD. (the track "Inama Nushif" on Children of Dune, sends a delicious shiver up my spine every time I play it (at level... 11).

As the Koch "ultimate eds" are not exactly known for flying off the shelf, I suspect I have time to see if I need to jump on it.

Also, quite anxious to see what Villineuve gives us this Summer/Fall/Winter/ whenever...

🥰

Nice! I have those 3 DVD sets in the middle too. I should really read the books one day. And the soundtrack cd's look interesting as well!

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
3 hours ago, Grendel said:

- The Dune TV series

🥰

You should get the soundtrack for the 1984 Dune, it is awesome 😍

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Grendel said:

- The Dune TV series

🥰

Congratulations, @Grendel.

It's an awesome collection of "Dune". Absolutely.

These things have always made me envious. In Spain "Dune" has traditionally been very mistreated, including editions in which the image was turned halfway through the film.

But that is a magnificent collection.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

HI Folks;  🙂

Thanks much for the lovely compliments on the Dune book collection.

My book library fell a bit behind my Film collection for a while but as of late, has picked up some steam once more, with me filling some holes in my Victorian era spooky tooths, courtesy of;

- M.R. James

- Chambers

- Lovecraft

- Wells

- Edisson

- Machen

and a few others.

As for Dune, I've always considered it one of the most significant sci-fi series ever written and though Brian Herbert's efforts have disrupted 'cannon' to a degree, they are not a bad read either.

I think I may pursue this Koch ed after all, so thanks for the link to our esteemed German HUB once more @deckard99, my buddy. 🥰

Oh, btw @extantsrevenge, I do have the OST for the Lynch film, on vinyl but neglected to pull it out as the table was kinda full...heh. 😉

As for sci-fi films in desperate need of a Premium release, I'd suggest the 1984 film  "2010: We Make Contact" qualifies.

Cheers.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★
30 minutes ago, tr0llhatt said:

Somebody please tell Koch to release some bloody pictures already! It's just shy of a month away and theres zip, nada, ingenting, nichego, niets NOTHING! ;( 

yeah, I keep checking too. I really want to see some pics so I can make a decision on ordering! 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...