IGNORED

The Thing - Steelbook or Limited Edition 4K Arrow [UK]

nefilim

33 minutes ago, nefilim said:

Don't lose your faith. It might pop up. Darn that I did not realize to mention that Zavvi had both...

Never even thought about looking on Zavvi for The LE box , thought they would have only been available on the website , I'll see what happens when the site kicks back in .....just goes to show what a following this film still has...........maybe it may prompt a premium release ....we can only live in hope ......Manta , Kimchi ,etc .....Pleeeeease can we have a premium  edition......?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ukade2327 said:

Never even thought about looking on Zavvi for The LE box , thought they would have only been available on the website , I'll see what happens when the site kicks back in .....just goes to show what a following this film still has...........maybe it may prompt a premium release ....we can only live in hope ......Manta , Kimchi ,etc .....Pleeeeease can we have a premium  edition......?

IMO this IS pretty premium ... ? No ?

LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:

• Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original negative, supervised and approved by director John Carpenter and director of photography Dean Cundey
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
  • Original Mono and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary by John Carpenter and actor Kurt Russell
  • Who Goes There? In Search of The Thing an all-new feature length documentary produced by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures exploring the history of The Thing, from the original novella to John Carpenter’s terrifying science fiction classic.
  • Featuring new interviews with the cast and crew, as well as authors, historians, and critics
  • 1982: One Amazing Summer an all-new retrospective documentary produced by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures about the unforgettable films released in the summer of 1982
  • John Carpenter’s The Thing: Terror Takes Shape archive documentary on the background and production of the film
  • Vintage Featurettes
  • Outtakes
  • Behind-the-Scenes
  • Trailers, Teasers, TV and Radio Spots
  • Still Galleries
  • Poster
  • Lobby Cards
  • Book containing new writing on the film

From Arrows web page thingie 

15/07/2017 11:58 AM. 
Unfortunately the site has been overwhelmed with demand following Friday's new release announcements. 
We are working to increase capacity so that it can come back online for you all. 
If you were able to place an order and got as far as make a payment on PayPal then these will be reflected on your account in due course. We have a backlog of payments to clear that we are working on. 
Please be assured we working flat out on this after a night on it. There's no need to message or email for updates - they will be posted here for you when we have them. 
Thanks very much for you support!

2 hours ago, ukade2327 said:

Oh Boy am I a Happy Bunny Now...........just visited Amazon to have a look and it says that this item is unavailable , until I logged into my account and Whoopee.... its there , so have managed to pre order .......sneaky amazon eh....!!

I was the same last night , wounder if its a built in thing based on past searches ?

Archived