IGNORED

whats your 2021 collecting goals........

Pretty much just looking to increase the number of premiums in the collection. I have a pretty good amount of normal steelbooks but the premiums are definitely still lacking. I'm huge fan of the stuff that FilmArena is doing, so I'll probably try to focus on those. But knowing myself, I'll most likely end up focusing on everything else as well 😅

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m currently looking to increase my “TV/Animated series” collection of older shows (primarily 80s and 90s), as they are becoming increasingly harder (aka more expensive now) to get. I will also continue to get the upcoming premium releases I want (primarily OC) and grab some older titles I don’t have. This year I acquired a number of personal sought-after steels I’ve been wanting for a while 👍🏽

Someone mentioned acquiring that grail of a piece Blufans Doctor Strange OC; I’m on the hunt as well 😂 💰

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth MeyersShocked Price Tag GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, bungral said:

I’d like to receive some of my Cinemuseum orders.  

Maybe this should be a wish for next year.

This is a good one! I have One-Clicks and some single editions I’m awaiting; some I’ve been waiting over a year and they continue to do preorders on new titles. I’m a fan of the company but.........

Will Smith No GIF

• Like 3

19 hours ago, SilentasKnight said:

My biggest physical media goal is to build an 8'x8' built in shelving unit to hold all my premiums properly in my basement TV room. That way they can get the space and display they deserve. My main movie shelf is overcrowded and has scattered premiums all over and around it. Total mess. Now I have standard 4k slipcover releases just shoved nooks and crannies all over the place. I have to budget for it. With the lumber prices sky high it is a bad time to do built-ins. 

As for collecting I want to continue building up my Hdzeta Gold collection. If I could get Terminator 1&3, L.A. Confidential and 4k Gladiator boxsets this year I would  be super happy with that. Also I will continue joining Gb's on MP like a stripper at a cocaine party of course. 

Stripping Demi Moore GIF

Can you repeat everything you just said? I was....distracted

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, thomue1987 said:

i cross my fingers that weet will do a IM2 & IM3 (or whole Trilogy) premium.. 😍

Ever since they did what they did for the legacy Spider-Man films, I've been hoping the exact same thing! 

Also, I just realized Play.com did steelbooks for Iron Man 1 and 2. Setting my targets on them!

• Like 2

I Don't have goals as in this game it would be the longest game going with some of the time it takes from announced to in hand .

I WILL PURSUE ANYTHING THE THING both the 1982 and 2011 related that I like and have room for 

the thing finally not another montage xd GIF

With the Dredd Best Buy Steelbook that has to be the best of The Dredd stable so far the finish and colours are stunning . 

Just goes to prove that sometime simplicity is the best way forward .

300 and Joker from HdZ i am salivating over what magic will come our way .

Also more titles that are less super power driven , YES Marvel and DC are huge yet size does not always fill the hole 

JAPENESEWATERMELON Luxuryfruit GIF - JAPENESEWATERMELON Luxuryfruit JapeneseLuxuryFruit GIFs

• Like 8

2021 goals should be pretty busy for me signed up to quite a few already so bad times the bank balance I must say :)

Joker cinemuseum

Lotr/hobbit

Spiderman box weet

Tenet manta

Ww blu fans

But will be worth it when these beauties are in hand. God knows what other great films are going to be announced during this year for premium treatment also. Also hoping hdzeta finally get a move on with there joker edition ,to complete the set :)

• Like 3
Awards

2 minutes ago, Conjuring88 said:

2021 goals should be pretty busy for me signed up to quite a few already so bad times the bank balance I must say :)

Joker cinemuseum

Lotr/hobbit

Spiderman box weet

Tenet manta

Ww blu fans

But will be worth it when these beauties are in hand. God knows what other great films are going to be announced during this year for premium treatment also. Also hoping hdzeta finally get a move on with there joker edition ,to complete the set :)

@Conjuring88 you & me have a lot to look forward to don’t we as I have those same editions coming my way + more 😱 

image.gif.b79f6f3716f148a921e00e1b69b99687.gif image.gif.8c842fb4197997891b573dd4efeaac29.gif 

image.gif.61f2ae6db940e783df394588f4ccb534.gif image.gif.178663ebc8981a97b88b95b53914cd6e.gif

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Veum said:

@Conjuring88 you & me have a lot to look forward to don’t we as I have those same editions coming my way + more 😱 

image.gif.b79f6f3716f148a921e00e1b69b99687.gif image.gif.8c842fb4197997891b573dd4efeaac29.gif 

image.gif.61f2ae6db940e783df394588f4ccb534.gif image.gif.178663ebc8981a97b88b95b53914cd6e.gif

Ha ha I'm sure in the coming months I will add more to that list also. Everytime you think it quiets down and save some money ,a retailer announces a great upcoming release that you have to have and sign up for lol.

Future wise I Would like a retailer to do a premium of the big lebowski one day ,such a cult classic be signed up to that straight away if ever happend.

• Like 2
Awards

MP: 

For me this year I want to finally installed nicer display where I can showcase my complete Premium Collections (FilmArena, HDZeta, BluFans, NovaMedia, KimchiDVD, U'Mania, WeET, CineMuseum, EverythingBlu & MantaLab, etc.) and keep completing them with new releases, and also I want to finally display some figurines/statutes/busts that I still have in boxes. I hope that soon I will have the opportunity to share some pictures! Thanks to MP through these years in supporting my movie collections. Let's keep collecting, enjoy the ride MP!

capricornio34232 

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★

squirrel GIF

Collecting goals 🤔.... not sure if will work setting some 😅. Sure it would be nice to buy only movies that I really want but then Filmarena will have a release that I don't like and I will end up buying that to keep the collection complete.

Spending less money, sounds always good and then the retailers surprise you with more cool releases and you can throw that idea out of the window.

Maybe one of my goals should be to somehow find places for new arrivals instantly so that the floor is never filled up, but we know that will not work 😪.

Or I should look into not buying all the movies I have again and again..... but what about the next nice release 😥

I guess I will be fine with doing the best a squirrel can do when collecting these things

tenor.gif?itemid=20439705

Oh I have one....

NEVER

MISS/IGNORE/DECIDE AGAINST

ANY

IMPORTANT

GB

EVER AGAIN!

tenor.gif?itemid=20439735

That Spider-Man OAB, Doctor Strange Blufans was really stupid, thankfully I have all editions I want now.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

@extantsrevenge

That's some very nice goals you set for yourself, my friend.

Unfortunately, I checked my crystal ball and tbh it doesn't look too good.

200.gif

"Spending less money" Fail

"Or I should look into not buying all the movies I have again and again" - Fail

"Maybe one of my goals should be to somehow find places for new arrivals instantly so that the floor is never filled up" - Massive Fail

bolton-sorry.gif

• Haha 6

I have some editions in mind that I would like to get. I also have - like all of you - some films of which I would buy a collector's edition without hesitation. And among my goals are several editions that have or are going to have a GB here.

But...  my biggest goal as a collector for 2021 is ...

space !!!

I need more space.

I'm on the edge.

A suitable place for things so beautiful, and not put in any way.

And I have to come up with something clever while our kind moderators don't get down to what they really have to do, and finally offer a GB of mortgages. Prefabricated houses. Farms in the future town for collectors. I don't know.

Something!!!

😝

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Awards

2 hours ago, Casiusco said:

I have some editions in mind that I would like to get. I also have - like all of you - some films of which I would buy a collector's edition without hesitation. And among my goals are several editions that have or are going to have a GB here.

But...  my biggest goal as a collector for 2021 is ...

space !!!

I need more space.

I'm on the edge.

A suitable place for things so beautiful, and not put in any way.

And I have to come up with something clever while our kind moderators don't get down to what they really have to do, and finally offer a GB of mortgages. Prefabricated houses. Farms in the future town for collectors. I don't know.

Something!!!

😝

@Casiusco my friend, maybe get one of these (I have one & it is space saving & holds a lot of my treasures! :))! 👌

image.thumb.jpeg.78c2f0055ac97b488247002d6ee3fede.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Veum said:

@Casiusco my friend, maybe get one of these (I have one & it is space saving & holds a lot of my treasures! :))! 👌

image.thumb.jpeg.78c2f0055ac97b488247002d6ee3fede.jpeg

Thank you, @Veum.

Really my problem is not the space for special editions, although they already occupy a lot, but the entire collection of films in non-collector editions, which occupy a big place. 

But ... they are part of the treasure. Movies that I like, that entertain me, or that I adore. And quite a few of those that today are not found on streaming platforms.

Ah, freedom. It's on the shelf!

• Like 2
Awards