IGNORED

True Romance (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Arrow Video) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

romain

• R1s1ngs0n changed the title to True Romance (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Arrow Video) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Interesting, for once and Exclusive might actually be an exclusive.

There is a Limited Edition Blu ray and UHD version that is not this steelbook. 

Arrow's website has and is the same as what DiaboikDVD in the US shows as well. Neither has this steelbook version listed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb mgurau:

Interesting, for once and Exclusive might actually be an exclusive.

There is a Limited Edition Blu ray and UHD version that is not this steelbook. 

Arrow's website has and is the same as what DiaboikDVD in the US shows as well. Neither has this steelbook version listed.

Yeah, thought so too. Ordered the deluxe version. Steelbook doesnt blow me away, but hey, its True Romance😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hal56 said:

Yeah, thought so too. Ordered the deluxe version. Steelbook doesnt blow me away, but hey, its True Romance😎

Love True Romance and still really feels like a Tarantino film, unlike Natural Born Killers. Oliver Stone butchered that script. 

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb mgurau:

Love True Romance and still really feels like a Tarantino film, unlike Natural Born Killers. Oliver Stone butchered that script. 

Absolutely. Dialogue is pure gold, you could hardly cast the movie better and it has endless replay value.

Watching NBK I would never guess that its based on a Tarantino script. That vibe is gone. Still like NBK though.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, hal56 said:

Absolutely. Dialogue is pure gold, you could hardly cast the movie better and it has endless replay value.

Watching NBK I would never guess that its based on a Tarantino script. That vibe is gone. Still like NBK though.

Agree and always wondered how it would have played out if Tarantino DID direct it. (True Romance). I don't think it would have been that different. 
NTK, would have been way different and for the better. What a shame. 

• Like 1

vor 3 Minuten schrieb mgurau:

Agree and always wondered how it would have played out if Tarantino DID direct it. (True Romance). I don't think it would have been that different. 
NTK, would have been way different and for the better. What a shame. 

Certainly, NBK would have had a lighter tone, less satire and probably a more fluent photography with 70 % less cuts😄

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

^^ I'm very happy your copy of the gorgeous Steel came in @psychoscot😀

Indeed, it looks great.

I elected to go with the CE 'Book' style for the film, with the Scanavo Blu case, book, 'naff etc. as I very much like the original cover art and pulp novel styled hard-case it came in.

Couldn't really justify getting both though (well, I could have but...) so picked the one I did.

I'll be posting some new arrival pics this eve or tomorrow, so can display it then. It too is very lovely indeed though. 🙂

Edited by Grendel

• ★ Administrators ★
9 minutes ago, Neil21Harris said:

I passed because I love my Blu-ray Steelbook.  

im incredibly sad.  Idiot.  Next to missing BR2049 Blufans this is my biggest mistake so far of 2021. (Depending on how Godzilla Fanatics goes… maybe no. 3)

Well, you can always grab one off of fleabay. They seem to be going for $20-$30 above retail. Not too bad really.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...