IGNORED

I don't like the new forum layout

• ★ Administrators ★

I'm finding this new layout very frustrating and time wasting.

I used to be able to see when someone had posted in a particular section of the forum, without having to go all the way in to the specific threads.

An example would be Release Threads for China. (steelbooks)

When first loading the complete Forum, I could see that someone posted in there, and how long ago. 

That way I was able to monitor threads for traffic. Specifically threads of importance to me. Or skip by because no one had posted since I last looked. Now I almost have to read the whole China section to gather information that used to take a few minutes. 

The same applies to the GB section. 

I could monitor GB traffic by looking to see if someone had posted since the last time I looked. Which was a very useful way to measure traffic and look for posts of interest.

Now I have to look in say HDzeta specifically. Then look in GB info and Chat or actual GBs to see if anything has been posted of importance. Also then check in the actual GB forum to see which GBs are attracting the most interest. This all takes far more time than it used to. 

This problem also applies to things like the show your latest GB pics. I can't see the last time someone posted in there, without going all the way in. Which is time wasting. 

Hopefully I have explained my issue in a way that can be understood. :D

Any chance the old view can be restored please?

• Like 10

I actually like the new design but I'm having the same trouble with the lack of seeing who last posted and when next to each forum like before. It made it easier to see when there were new posts or new topics, rather than having to delve in. A lot less time waste-y for me and easier lol. I do like the new design though, just wish we could bring that back in the layout for topics so I can see who posted and what's new and when it was posted

• Like 5
Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

I'm sure @Masterblaster will take another look at this, I bombarded him with several issues I have.

For example you can't jump to the last post of a topic which has no new replies anymore, which is time consuming for me when I want to post updates, since I have to go to the last page and scroll.

All topics that have new posts are shown in bold black with the icon before in dark blue like before, but I agree that we need to see who posted last like before.

Also slightly annoyed by no longer seeing the start date of a topic. But I know John is trying out different things and I think we will find the best way to display soon.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, DodgyDave said:

I'm finding this new layout very frustrating and time wasting.

I used to be able to see when someone had posted in a particular section of the forum, without having to go all the way in to the specific threads.

An example would be Release Threads for China. (steelbooks)

When first loading the complete Forum, I could see that someone posted in there, and how long ago. 

That way I was able to monitor threads for traffic. Specifically threads of importance to me. Or skip by because no one had posted since I last looked. Now I almost have to read the whole China section to gather information that used to take a few minutes. 

The same applies to the GB section. 

I could monitor GB traffic by looking to see if someone had posted since the last time I looked. Which was a very useful way to measure traffic and look for posts of interest.

Now I have to look in say HDzeta specifically. Then look in GB info and Chat or actual GBs to see if anything has been posted of importance. Also then check in the actual GB forum to see which GBs are attracting the most interest. This all takes far more time than it used to. 

This problem also applies to things like the show your latest GB pics. I can't see the last time someone posted in there, without going all the way in. Which is time wasting. 

Hopefully I have explained my issue in a way that can be understood. :D

Any chanced the old view can be restored please?

Not that it is the same, but doesn't the "expanded view"  button beside the "Start New Topic" at least help out a little bit by seeing who posted when and last? That is if im looking in the right place that you are talking about @DodgyDave Steelbook--->China--->Blufans then looking here without having to dive into the release thread itself?

Correct me if im wrong. I know its not like it was but maybe a short term fix?

image.thumb.png.2907417511ea1254d8eae9ffe789bc6c.png

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
22 minutes ago, Count Dantes said:

Not that it is the same, but doesn't the "expanded view"  button beside the "Start New Topic" at least help out a little bit by seeing who posted when and last? That is if im looking in the right place that you are talking about @DodgyDave Steelbook--->China--->Blufans then looking here without having to dive into the release thread itself?

Correct me if im wrong. I know its not like it was but maybe a short term fix?

image.thumb.png.2907417511ea1254d8eae9ffe789bc6c.png

Yes but you have to go into the China/Blufans topic to see that. Even then it doesn’t tell you who posted last. 
You used to be able to see who posted,  and how long ago, without having to go that far in to the topic. Now you can’t. 

• Like 2

For me I use the activity stream solely to browse.  

If you choose unread you can narrow down what you are looking for.  Choosing time period to “Last Visit” and “Condensed” allows me to see every thread that has had a new post since I last visited and who made the last post.  Click on the circle in front of the thread title takes me straight to the first unread post in that thread.  Hope this gets a better experience.

1878186848_ScreenShot2021-04-30at9_17_24AM.thumb.png.38f7908642317e4bbfcd5efc9d51d4bc.png

Edited by howarmat
  • Thanks 2
Awards