IGNORED

T.V SERIES DONE AS A STEELBOOK

Scary Hair

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agents of SHIELD would be a great addition to the Marvel steelbooks.

There are several TV shows that would certainly lend themselves to the steelbook format. I'd love to see the Ron Moore version of Battlestar Galactica as steelbooks. Don't even care if the BR discs were the same as in the existing set. It seems only The Plan got a steel release. 

Sadly my two favourite shows as a kid (Babylon 5 and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) haven't even been released on BR so no chance of steels to match the rest of my collection.

oh, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel too would be ace :D

• 2 months later...

Buffy the vampire slayer & Once Upon a Time - I think both those shows would loan themselves to some pretty gorgeous steelbooks if done right and in the tone and style of the shows. 

I would of imagined they would be good sellers too in the states and certain other countries so am surprised they haven’t been done already 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I dont know if this counts cuz it's already been done? It's the brilliant True Detective season one staring Woody Harelson and Matthew McConaughey. The story is off the charts combining elements of the occult with cold blooded seriel killings. But best of all it got a beautiful steelbook release with the artwork by Mondo. IMG_4804.thumb.jpg.f8724abb6e751ddca9501a6b1feecac2.jpgIMG_4805.thumb.jpg.47338826079e646a4d1205569c71919a.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hannibal (Probably the most underrated series of recent years. At least for those who are not afraid of blood, or bored by the calm necessary to mature a brutal psychological confrontation.) 

Sharp objects (An elegant steelbook with this two discs would be so nice... for a so elegant show...) 

The Leftovers (A great and very original show ideal for moments of very open mind... )

Chernobyl (I don't like the UK current steelbook, I respect a lot people that loves it but it seems a videogame steelbook to me, not a design for a great TV show about a tragedy)

Cocaine Coast (A drug dealers story all based in true facts where a group of people from a small fishing town, without any education or knowledge, came to manage the largest cocaine entry door in Europe)

22.11.63 (A funny show with a time traveller and a bit of Kennedy assassination story...)

Mindhunter (Obviously. A David Fincher delicatessen...)

True Detective (Seasons 2 & 3) I love the Season one steelbook edition.

And many more that I think we could all list. In fact, the best ones don't catch on a single steelbook, it should be a box of steelbooks. But there's one I'd love to pay for: The Office. A box with a steelbook per season.

I will never understand that one of the most successful TV shows in history, and that years later continues to generate many views everywhere, has not had an edition to its influence and importance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

*Will update when necessary!😊

The Mandalorian

The Blacklist

Person of Interest

Longmire

Yellowstone

Blue Bloods

The Sopranos

The Big Valley

Breaking Bad

Better Call Saul

True Blood

Poldark

Homeland

Ray Donovan

Animal Kingdom

Kingdom

Dexter

Queen of the South

ICE

American Crime

The Code

Mayans M.C.

The Americans

Rogue

Humans

The Bridge

The Killing

Wallander

DCI:Banks

Touch of Frost

Vera

Bates Motel

The Whispers

Wayward Pines

Extant

Helix

The Last Ship

The Strain

Under the Dome

Defiance

Orphan Black

Primeval

Primeval: New World

Falling Skies

The Walking Dead

V

Caprica

Battlestar Galactica

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Knight Rider

The Bionic Man/Woman

The Incredible Hulk

Stargate (ALL)

Star Trek (ALL)

Alias

Salem

The Originals

Sleepy Hollow

Witches of East End

Bitten

The Returned

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Hannibal (Probably the most underrated series of recent years. At least for those who are not afraid of blood, or bored by the calm necessary to mature a brutal psychological confrontation.)

Yes Hannibal is truly great and would make for great steelbook art.

I also would like to see some of the Netflix Marvel series for steelbooks. Then a lot of anime series. Stranger Things, Witcher, Brooklyn99, Mindhunter, Altered Carbon, Haunting of Hill House,...

• Like 2