IGNORED

UHD CLUB A Chinese Ghost Story Trilogy (UHD CLUB DP #11) (Digipak Hardbox) (Blu-ray) [China]

extantsrevenge

• ★ Administrators ★

MP Group Buy Here

Info & Questions Topic here

A Chinese Ghost Story Trilogy (UHD CLUB Exclusive DP #11) (Digipak Hardbox) (Blu-ray) [China]

Release Date: 2021

Price: TBA

Limited: 228 copies only

Note:  Media Psychos will be the only official groupbuy for this release!

UHD CLUB - A Chinese Ghost Story - Release Thread - Media Psychos

2069658641_ChineseGhostStoryUHD1.thumb.jpeg.98455681772c0dceef0efddd509c9781.jpeg1517053517_ChineseGhostStoryUHD2.thumb.jpeg.0e88d2df57550b03b41f15bb1463c1e9.jpeg

• Like 2

A Chinese Ghost Story Trilogy has pioneered a new genre in Hong Kong cinema combining horror, romance action and costume. The trilogy, made by Ching Siu-Tung and Tsui Hark, is loosely adapted from a story in the Chinese classic Strange Stories from a Chinese Studio written by Pu Songling in the Qing Dynasty. A traditional ghost story is brilliantly transformed into fascinating films with new artistic directions and modern special effects in film shooting. 

Staring as charming female ghosts, Joey Wang has earned her reputation as a "classical beauty" from this series. Just as charming in A Chinese Ghost Story is the late super idol Leslie Cheung who appears in ancient Chinese costume on screen for the first time. Tax-collector Ning Tsai-shen (Leslie Cheung) trespasses a temple for a night but is awakened by the bewitching music played by the feminine and attractive Hsiao-tsing (Joey Wang). He is madly in love with her, without noticing resident Taoist Monk Yin (Wo Ma) has repeatedly impeded her murder of him... With an ancient romance reenacted by the charismatic Leslie and Joey, and the spectacular actions performed by veteran actor Wo Ma, A Chinese Ghost Story became a box-office hit all over Asia soon after its release and has become a classic nowadays. 

Its sequel A Chinese Ghost Story 2 is just as acclaimed. Though this is an even looser adaptation of the Qing Dynasty text, the spookiness in Pu Songling's story is well preserved. Leslie Cheung, with his unparalleled charisma, continues to star as Ning Tsai-shen but Joey Wang becomes another female "ghost" named Windy. The cast is even stronger with the gorgeous Michelle Reis and top singer Jacky Cheung joining this second episode. The next year in 1991, Ching Siu-Tung and Tsui Hark directed the third episode. Instead of Leslie Cheung, A Chinese Ghost Story 3 stars Tony Leung Chiu-Wai who is no less captivating. Another uncanny romance between Tony Leung and Joey Wang begins to unfold... 

The three films have been nominated and won numerous awards, especially in original scores, artistic direction and action choreography. A Chinese Ghost Story was awarded Best Art Direction, Best Original Film Score and Best Original Film Song in the Hong Kong Film Awards 1987.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
3 hours ago, javi said:

GREAT NEWS :D
Will there be a UHD inside? Don´t kill me for this question... ;)
Will you do other chinese movies?
Maybe Once upon in China?????? :D:D:D:D

Hi @javi your post is possible to be missed since we have so many every day. It's always best to tag the staff running the GB (big blue banner) when you have questions, in this case @ksosk may have some info. 

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Oh wow, so lovely.

Thanks very much @extantsrevenge for the sneak peek!

I quite like my Nova ed but this looks like a calibre far above and beyond.

Very excited!  😍

p.s. @javi,   did you see the "Once Upon A Time In China" eds NOVA just released?

They are still available Buddy!

Link to Ed #1 (easy to search for the other two);

http://novamnm.com/product/blu-ray-once-upon-a-time-in-china-4k-remastering/2358/?cate_no=119&display_group=1

I posted a pic of them in the "Haul" thread just this eve. 🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2021 at 6:19 AM, futurhythm said:

Will these have new discs or just re-package the existing ones? There's a 2K remaster of the first movie that hasn't made it onto any physical media yet. The other two are still upscales.

As a rule of thumb I wouldn't expect to count on any premium release having any recentlyish NEW discs. Other than that I've no clue.

Awards

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
vor 12 Stunden schrieb deckard99:

Could be any one of a number of reasons. No remaining copies, needing to submit final numbers, retailer request, etc.

Ok. Thank you. Bad news,,,but ok, if that´s it. I have to live with it. :/
But just to be honest it´s not easy to join a GB if you do not know anything about the specifics and therefore what you´re joining for....;)

• ★ Administrators ★
4 hours ago, javi said:

Ok. Thank you. Bad news,,,but ok, if that´s it. I have to live with it. :/
But just to be honest it´s not easy to join a GB if you do not know anything about the specifics and therefore what you´re joining for....;)

Understood. All GBs are a leap of faith in one way or another. For me, having all the past UHD Club releases and loving them I know they will do a good job with this one. 

• Like 6

Am 27.6.2021 um 18:10 schrieb deckard99:

Understood. All GBs are a leap of faith in one way or another. For me, having all the past UHD Club releases and loving them I know they will do a good job with this one. 

Yes. I know. I have also a lots of them, but some were a disappointment for me personally. And if there will be a UHD Club Edition without a UHD Disc - feels kinda strange, to sell it as an UHD Club Edition, because I "joined" this club, because of great Editions with an UHD. ;)

But besides this, I was interested in that Edition, because I love these movies, but for me, I "need" more information and with something like a special "MP Retailer", I was hopeful to get for more information, what this release will contain in detail. Because, I don't grow money on a tree and these editions are expensive and will be more expensive in the future. Especially with the new TAX law in Germany. And to be honest, I was to often disappointed by some Editions...not only UHD Club Editions, but also...

...But it's also fine with me, I made my choice and will be very happy with it in the future. 

But this is just my opinion...other are very welcome of course... ☺️

BUT DO NOT MISSUNDERSTAND: THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GREAT EFFORTS AND WORK THAT MP IS DOING! AND EVERYBODY KNOWS, THAT I REALLY LOVE, APPRECIATE AND WILL SUPPORT MP AS FAR AS I CAN!!! 😍

• Like 3