IGNORED

Prefix-MAG Terminator 1-3 (MAG BBM#03) (Blu-ray Digipak) [China]

vor 23 Stunden schrieb ksosk:

This is a big project for MAG!!

I heard some ideas they have for this release and they are CRAZY! Haha.

There were some discussion about moving it out of the BBM large box series, but I think Terminator deserves a huge one.

bigger than the previous ones, for example - Das Boot ?

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, DodgyDave said:

FAC have a mish mash of T releases. They also messed up big time with the print run on T2. That's why they still have them and another reason why HDz have shied away from doing it.

How did they mess up? I wanted to get their Maniac Box but I was short on mad money at the time and then *poof* it was gone.

• Sad 1

• ★ Administrators ★
6 hours ago, InfiniteDoors said:

How did they mess up? I wanted to get their Maniac Box but I was short on mad money at the time and then *poof* it was gone.

The Maniac Box sat around for ages. Only recently sold out. Also they still have other editions for sale now. 

So, in my opinion, they messed up by having too big a print run. Not for the first time either. Scan through the pages on their web site and there are a load of editions from previous too high print runs.

It's noticeable that they have kept well clear of any high print run WEA releases since. 

Unfortunately they went a bit stupid with the WWA release of Gump. They are still paying for that too. 

Obviously just my opinion. Other opinions are available. ;)

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2021 at 10:45 PM, Grendel said:

Also, for what it's worth, I quite enjoyed "Salvation" as it at least had the gumption to tread new ground and give us a glimpse of the terrifying future with JOHN CONNOR still given the role he was meant to have.  It has flaws but it was at least presented in a Terminator universe we could comprehend and feel the angst such a future would certainly hold.

I think it's a bloody shame Salvation never got to be the start of something. It's Terminator in a brand "new" setting and aside from a few choices it could've been start of something great. Sadly it was not to be 😕

• Like 3
Awards

My subjective opinion about the saga:

• I think we will all agree that T1 and T2 are essential.
  • T3 Rise of the machines: it's a "lighter" film, made almost with inertia, and without the force and care of the previous two; but still, for me it's still a Terminator movie; the worst of the initial trilogy, but it still has something of its spirit.
  • T4 Salvation. I bought it and I have it here, and I had fun watching it, but still being an entertaining film, and made with more media than T3, I think it's a very different film; deep down in "Salvation" the Terminator world is an excuse, and the same movie could have been made without having anything to do with the saga. In fact, McG struck me as a soulless, mechanical, limited and "industrial" director, not a filmmaker. It's not the same. Still better made than T3, from a "Terminator world" perspective, I think T3 is more appropriate.
  • T5 Genisys. I have mixed feelings. To me it seems a film that recovers the soul of the saga, and it's entertaining, but... it has important flaws in its last part. And one really serious: I think Jason Clarke, even though he was a very good actor, he was not the right one. And the changes in his character along the film are not well established/linked in the story. Still, I like it because it recovers a certain almost "eighties" and imaginative spirit. It's like another T3 made with more talent and more money; but without a showrunner to pack a few things, and keep some flow.
  • S6 Dark Fate. Typical film that tries to resurrect a saga, and to do so it takes ingredients from one and the other, but it lacks a life of its own. There is nothing own to remember, it doesn't contribute anything. It's well made, yes, well balanced, it's a good product, linked with the saga, and I had a great time watching it, but for me its flaw is that it settled for making a revival, not a continuation.

For all this, I understand that they make a pack with the first three films; but if they did another with the next three, it wouldn't be bad either. 

In fact, for reasons of rights and the different production companies that made the films over the years, there is nothing like this in the whole world.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Awards

Didn't care for 3 much, I actually liked almost everything about genesis EXCEPT the casting choices. Film had some genuinely great moments but yea.... not at all the cast I'd have picked to replace some very iconic characters.

As for dark fate? Hot steamy garbage. I actually enjoyed salvation more.

On 4/4/2021 at 11:40 PM, DodgyDave said:

On the subject of all the T films, I think folks are too critical. They were all good entertainment, as individual films.

Isn't that the reason we watch films? To be entertained? ;)

I find myself being more critical than entertained by movies lately lol idk why. 

I also wish if there is a complete collection in one package. I hate how many unfinished collections I have 

• Like 2
Awards

Good evening my friend @Fortis93🙂

Indeed, if James even created a film of that subject material that served as a faux documentary, about one hour long, I think that would be well received.

I think at this point however, it may be a considerable time before we see a return to the Terminator franchise, in any respect.

And, I'm fine with that. Perhaps a totally new sci-fi film that elicits the same draw and appeal?

Wow, what a concept... 😉

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Good evening my friend @Fortis93🙂

Indeed, if James even created a film of that subject material that served as a faux documentary, about one hour long, I think that would be well received.

I think at this point however, it may be a considerable time before we see a return to the Terminator franchise, in any respect.

And, I'm fine with that. Perhaps a totally new sci-fi film that elicits the same draw and appeal?

Wow, what a concept... 😉

Agreed.

Even something as simple as a silent, pure action film would be awesome in his hands.

I'm probably one of the few who's actually looking forward to what he's got up his sleeve for Avatar 2.

• Like 2
Awards

Remember there was also the Terminator Ride at Universal too that also had a small story to tell. I was disappointed with T2 because Arnie should be the bad guy not a maimer with new programming. He could and should have been the terminator in T2 and not sold out for mass appeal audiences. Wasted a promising story and opportunity.

Edited by Mac Taylor

Very interesting . Quite looking forward to this

T1 and T2 classics

T3 had it's moments, l loved the concept of the female terminatrix

I hated salvation

Probably in a minority, but quite liked Genisys, a few scenes were cool e.g. when the 2 Arnie's fight

Part 6, didn't do it for me. probably franchise fatigue

• Like 1
Awards

56 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

It's supposed to be at Universal Studios Japan now. Never did it, but there is a video on youtube that looks cool.

Yeah, I've never done it either.

I have seen the short directed by James Cameron, though.

I've always thought that was pretty cool and in line with the first two movies.

• Like 1
Awards