• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
2 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

We're really getting spoiled this year, aren't we? xD

This is a big project for MAG!!

I heard some ideas they have for this release and they are CRAZY! Haha.

There were some discussion about moving it out of the BBM large box series, but I think Terminator deserves a huge one.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, ksosk said:

This is a big project for MAG!!

I heard some ideas they have for this release and they are CRAZY! Haha.

There were some discussion about moving it out of the BBM large box series, but I think Terminator deserves a huge one.

Absolutely.

I'm really looking forward to this.

T1 & T2 especially. 

Both some of my favourite films of all time.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, RAK said:

It’s not a problem for me, I am probably in the minority that enjoyed Rise of the Machines. I am yet to watch Dark Fate. The only one that I loath so far is Genisys.

I wasn't a fan of Genisys either.. so many wrong decisions made trying to mix the story up.

Although I must admit,.I wasn't a massive fan of Rise either..never forget my dismay at seeing Arnie in those campy star glasses I as like Wow so bad. I also think the guy they chose to play Connor was 💩

Dark Fate has a few stupid moments in it too but for me mate it's my 3rd favourite in the franchise.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

I wasn't a fan of Genisys either.. so many wrong decisions made trying to mix the story up.

Although I must admit,.I wasn't a massive fan of Rise either..never forget my dismay at seeing Arnie in those campy star glasses I as like Wow so bad. I also think the guy they chose to play Connor was 💩

Dark Fate has a few stupid moments in it too but for me mate it's my 3rd favourite in the franchise.

I think what I liked most about it was the fact that the story actually felt like it was moving forward. What is sad is that individually the movies aren’t bad, but as a cohesive story it is a jumbled mess.

Edited by RAK
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, RAK said:

It’s not a problem for me, I am probably in the minority that enjoyed Rise of the Machines. I am yet to watch Dark Fate. The only one that I loath so far is Genisys.

I enjoy Rise of the Machines, too. It's definitely got enough re-watchability to warrant me shelling out money on a premium release for it.

The rest I think are fine/ok, but none I would probably revisit or own.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ksosk said:

The movies are far apart in release. Since the 3rd movie, I treated each theatre experience as just a solo film and not think too much about them connecting with the first 2. Haha.

Exactly. 

3 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I enjoy Rise of the Machines, too. It's definitely got enough re-watchability to warrant me shelling out money on a premium release for it.

The rest I think are fine/ok, but none I would probably revisit or own.

I would rewatch Salvation, I didn’t mind that either. 

Genisys probably would of been a cool syfy movie if it didn’t have anything to do with Terminator.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ksosk said:

The movies are far apart in release. Since the 3rd movie, I treated each theatre experience as just a solo film and not think too much about them connecting with the first 2. Haha.

Best way mate 🙂 I tried to forget about everything going in to see Dark Fate and enjoyed it.

• Like 2

Just reading through the comments above and some great points raised wrt the different Terminator films.

Whilst I consider the 1st two as bona fide classics that fully deserve the love they get, I was a bit disappointed in "Rise"  simply by the way they handled the Terminator's mannerisms.

It has flaws but it did not leave me angry.

"Dark Fate", left me VERY angry.

Spoilers:

Spoiler

- killing John Connor, the savior of the world, in the first couple minutes, only to replace him with a young girl destined to fulfill the same role?

- treating a T-800 like a washed up old hit-man instead of a killing machine?

- turning Sarah into a shell of her former self that seemed clued out, misguided and just sad?

- using the film to check off Hollywood's "woke" boxes.

I could go on but I've made my impression known.

I WILL buy a pretty box, if HDZ or FAC provide one, but I won't watch it again.

Also, for what it's worth, I quite enjoyed "Salvation" as it at least had the gumption to tread new ground and give us a glimpse of the terrifying future with JOHN CONNOR still given the role he was meant to have.  It has flaws but it was at least presented in a Terminator universe we could comprehend and feel the angst such a future would certainly hold.

No need to mention "Genysis" as my opinion falls in lock-step with the majority.

Of course, wrt any/all the films,  ymmv...😉

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★

Looks very interesting, but I'm loathe to spend more money on another incomplete Terminator set. 

I'm waiting and hoping that HDz will do T2 and T6. They need to be limited print runs though, and thats where the problem is I suspect.

FAC have a mish mash of T releases. They also messed up big time with the print run on T2. That's why they still have them and another reason why HDz have shied away from doing it.

On the subject of all the T films, I think folks are too critical. They were all good entertainment, as individual films.

Isn't that the reason we watch films? To be entertained? ;)

• Like 10