IGNORED

Disk Kino Balloon (Disk Kino Exclusive #2007) (Blu-ray Scanavo Case) [China]

ksosk

18 minutes ago, Mutantsmiley said:

@ksosk 

The GB link above doesn't go anywhere. 

I cannot find the GB in the diskino section. 

@extantsrevenge

I think your translation says GB is closing tomorrow. Could you please help me locate this in order to get in ?

Thanks

GB for this title hasn’t been launched yet.

When it does, a proper notification will be posted here.
No need for alarm 😉

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, WKRP said:

Huh. What did I just see? Disk Kino selects titles that make me scratch my head. 

With all due respect, it's not at all surprising Disk Kino would release this.  Pema Tseden is among the most celebrated contemporary East Asian arthouse filmmakers, not least because he's a Tibetan, making films starring Tibetans, speaking Tibetan, about Tibetan culture; his work is important ethnographic expression at this historical moment, as encroaching modernity and Han politico-economic hegemony threaten to forever change Tibet as a place and people.  I encourage you to look up his back catalogue, though be advised most of it is extremely slow and minimalist.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Veum said:

I’m not sure if I want this, that it delves on this subject matter, can anyone convince me that this is a visually beautiful film & worthy of my time and purchase, thanks? 🧐 

Save your money by not buying releases you're not sure about and pick up that Drive one click. That will make you a lot happier than several questionable releases. 💡

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
2 hours ago, Grendel said:

I initially was going to pass on this title but, I have an enormous amount of respect for Tibet and we honestly don't have many shows that relate to that "Country".

I wanted to show my support, in at least this little gesture.  🙂

Love this big-hearted message ❤

There are a few members who have supported Diskino with all their asian titles; @huseyin @futurhythm @thisgenius just to name a few. 

What they do to promote asian films is inspiring 🙇‍♂️👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi my Buddy @ksosk  🙂

Ta.

I've been fortunate enough to have the opportunity to purchase most of their titles.

Of course, that is because of the incredible efforts of yourself and the MP Staff.

Discino and their off-shoots, MLIFE and WCL, offer us very unique and often obscure, titles that would most certainly fly under the radar for most, were we not given the opportunity afforded us here at MP.

For that my sincere thanks to you Ksosk and of course, MP.

Okay now that we are warm and fuzzy, I just picked up the Nova eds of the "Once Upon A Time In China" trilogy.

Did I not see mention of something similar at one time from Discino?

Pic:

image.thumb.jpeg.eac76de604f7d8e10c9843ab56077c3a.jpeg

Cheers my Friend.  🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

• R1s1ngs0n changed the title to Balloon (Disk Kino Exclusive #2007) (Blu-ray Scanavo Case) [China]