IGNORED

WeET Spider-Man Trilogy (WeET Exclusive #009/#010/#011) (WEA 4K UHD/2D Steelbook) [Korea]

extantsrevenge

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Hecko said:

It will be interesting to see how long discs can last especially with alot of things going digital. There used to be loads of shops around when I was younger but seems to be getting smaller by the year.

I have a feeling they will be around for a long time, there will always be a purists market for them. Kind of like LPs with music.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It will be interesting to see how long discs can last

Until streaming can match the bitrate of a 4K bluray they're not going anywhere for quality enthusiasts 😂

There's also  the added more recent issues of shows on streaming not having the original music due to rights issues (Scrubs), being poor quality remasters that crop the frame (Buffy) and the streaming rights moving between different platforms. If you have a few favourite movies it makes far more sense to buy a physical copy that you can just whack into a player whenever you want to watch it, instead of hunting around. 

But beyond that as @xSNAKExPLISSKENxsaid there will always be a niche collectors market for high quality physical media. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Vanguard1138 said:

Until streaming can match the bitrate of a 4K bluray they're not going anywhere for quality enthusiasts 😂

There's no until for this, streaming can do it today (Sonys Bravia Core service is pretty much disc video quality), it's just not practical as it takes ludicrous amounts of bandwidth and thereby cost. 

For older stuff streaming is the best we're going to get quality wise (Babylon 5 is a good example), good AI upscaling can improve on it somewhat, but it can only do so much.
A physical Bluray release is not exactly guaranteed quality either, see the recentish Bluray release of my favorite Stargate SG-1 which is atrocious with all detail DNRd (digital noise reduction) to death. Granted, movies usually have a better track record here than TV shows, but still, when the DVDs of 10 years ago is better quality than the Bluray...

No thank you, I'll pick and choose what to keep for my viewing pleasure - be that digital or pysical.
I will however, continue to grab physical editions of things I enjoy - I am a boxwhore after all :P 

Edited by tr0llhatt
  • Like 1

Awards

Well my order from Weet is now showing as cancelled on their website 😞 - I haven't had any comms from them around this so I'm hoping it's an error, or something to do with the PayPal issue I mentioned earlier in the thread that can be resolved.

Otherwise I'm going to be one sad guy. I've sent an email to their service address - I'm not sure how long they usually take to respond (sent one first thing this morning as well when I saw the PayPal issue) - if anybody knows a faster contact I'd definitely appreciate it

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, ravounette said:

They removed the listings xD

Shows up as unsold.

Edited by AlexFlame116
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Awards