IGNORED

Charles Chaplin Esencial (Collectors Limited edition) [Spain]

Casiusco

Release date: May 4h 2021

Purchase link: Amazon Spain - FNAC Spain - El Corte Inglés

Price: 199,95 €

Limited and numered collectors edition, only 1.000 copies, with 10 films, 11 discs,  7 short films,  6 digipacks, 1 book, more than 11 hours of extra content, and a bowler hat.

All movies on Blu-ray, from a 4K or HD restored version.

Chaplin-1.jpgChaplin-1b.jpg

Chaplin-2.jpg

More beauty shots:

Spoiler

Chaplin-3.jpg

Chaplin-4.jpg

Chaplin-5.jpg

91TkHYDwnZL._SL1500_.jpg

Films: 

• The kid
  • A woman of Paris
  • The gold rush
  • The circus
  • City lights
  • Modern times
  • The great dictator
  • Monsieur Verdoux
  • Limelight
  • A King in New York

Short films:

• A dong's life
  • Shoulder arms
  • A day's pleasure
  • Sunnyside
  • The idle class
  • Pay day
  • The pilgrim

The book is "Charlie Chaplin" by Serguei Eisenstein, probably in Spanish, to be confirmed.

The extra contents includes documentaries about Chaplin with the participation or contribution of Serguei Eisenstein, Hannah Arendt, Walter Benjamin, Abbas Kiarostami, Liv Ullmann, Emir Kusturica, Luc y Jean-Pierre Dardenne, Costa-Gavras, Claude Chabrol, Bernardo Bertolucci and Jim Jarmusch, plus others.

This edition will be released by "A Contracorriente", probably the best Spanish distributor. They are known to normally use the best image and sound quality available in their editions, and include interesting additional content.

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Casiusco said:

Release date: May 4h 2021

Purchase link: Amazon Spain - FNAC Spain

Price: 199,95 €

Limited and numered collectors edition, only 1.000 copies, with 10 films, 11 discs,  7 short films,  6 digipacks, 1 book, more than 11 hours of extra content, and a bowler hat.

All movies on Blu-ray, in a 4K or HD restored version.

Chaplin-1.jpgChaplin-1b.jpg

Chaplin-2.jpg

More beauty shots:

Reveal hidden contents

Chaplin-3.jpg

Chaplin-4.jpg

Chaplin-5.jpg

91TkHYDwnZL._SL1500_.jpg

Films: 

• The kid
  • A woman of Paris
  • The gold rush
  • The circus
  • City lights
  • Modern times
  • The great dictator
  • Monsieur Verdoux
  • Limelight
  • A King in New York

Short films:

• A dong's life
  • Shoulder arms
  • A day's pleasure
  • Sunnyside
  • The idle class
  • Pay day
  • The pilgrim

The book is "Charlie Chaplin" by Serguei Eisenstein, probably in Spanish, to be confirmed.

The extra contents includes documentaries about Chaplin with the participation or contribution of Serguei Eisenstein, Hannah Arendt, Walter Benjamin, Abbas Kiarostami, Liv Ullmann, Emir Kusturica, Luc y Jean-Pierre Dardenne, Costa-Gavras, Claude Chabrol, Bernardo Bertolucci and Jim Jarmusch, plus others.

This edition will be released by "A Contracorriente", probably the best Spanish distributor. They are known to normally use the best image and sound quality available in their editions, and include interesting additional content.

Nice @Casiusco however 199,95 € 😳... no English audio? 🧐 

3 hours ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Nice @Casiusco however 199,95 € 😳... no English audio? 🧐 

All the films and short film has its V.O., being only music or with dialogues.

What I still don't know is if the subtitles in Spanish are optional or fixed.

Edited by Casiusco
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

Does FNAC Spain deliver to Australia?

A kind girl named Jennifer from FNAC Spain Customer Service just confirmed to me by phone that FNAC Spain currently make shipments to Australia.

If you are thinking about the possibility of buy this edition, you can take into account this points:

• FNAC Spain has the typical affiliate client program, with which you save 5%. Membership for two years costs € 15, but currently there is an offer whereby membership costs only € 2. Thus, the pack would cost only € 189.99. If you need help, I can help you.
  • I have done a simulation of purchase as an affiliate, and shipping to Australia is done by DHL and costs € 40.60.
  • The good news is that when buying from outside the European Union you don't have to pay the taxes (21% VAT) that were already included in the price. The final price of the pack then is € 157.02, and if we add the shipping to Australia, it is € 197.62.
  • You also have the option of Amazon Spain. This morning, before I made this post, they lowered the price for a while to € 165, from which maybe taxes would also have to be removed. Right now it is at € 199.99.
  • It's still unknown if the Spanish subtitles can be removed or not. Keep that in mind. It may be important for you or not.
  • They are only 1000 copies, but it is not cheap. Not at all. I don't think they all will be sold out very fast. 

I hope you find it useful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

NIF or NIE are the number of people official identifying card that everybody has to have in Spain. 

I don't know if you can do it with other identifying number as passport or other. 

If you want can ask them but their phone or online support service doesn't work until Monday.

Yeah I googled it and that's pretty much what I got. Cant even check out as guest. Guess I'll have to wait and see if it comes back in stock on amazon or somewhere else

• Like 1

I've asked to "A Contracorriente" if the spanish subtitles are removable or not. I still don't have an answer, they said with general info and that intertitles are in V.O., not translated; but I still don't know all about this specific issue. If anyone needs to know it, let me know and I keep trying.

About to buy this edition from FNAC Spain. I have tried to create a new account, puting foreigner info, and simulate a purchase; and it allows me to put a passport number; it does not oblige me to put the number of a Spanish NIF or DNI. @Intentcoin if you are still interested in buying it, send me a message I can try to help you.

Regarding Amazon, it is still apparently sold out, but in a Spanish forum I read that before they ran out they did not ship outside the European Union. I don't know why, those weird things Amazon does sometimes. Nor do I know if that sold out is marketing or real; and if they will send copies to other places in the future.

In case it is useful, I have added the link to buy it in "El Corte Inglés" shop. For those who don't know it, it's the online store of the most important department stores in Spain. A very large and well known company.

They have a help section in English: https://www.elcorteingles.es/help/en/

Amazon Spain had 250 copies assigned, and in theory for now are sold out. El Corte Inglés has just opened the sale of another 250 copies, there are still plenty left: they show the number of copies they have left. And we don't know how many FNAC have.

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 1

Please, those of you who are thinking of buying this edition take a good look at the images included on the first day, because the image on the back cover clearly indicates that the discs are locked Zone B. 

And @Cheaptrick, I have done a simulation and it seems that there is no shipping to the United Kingdom in FNAC, nor in El Corte Inglés, and in Amazon it is out of stock. This is new. I guess they are consequences of Brexit. I myself recently had problems with shipping from the UK to Spain. Too much shippings stoped in the both sid' of customs. 

Obviously, the dimensions of the box are not already known, nor its weight, but estimating it according to the photos and in an approximate and absolutely provisional way, not exactly, I would think of a minimum of 30 or 35 € for shipping. Maybe. 

The worst thing about buying it like this, when the store does not send it directly to you, is that if you buy from outside the EU they take away the VAT (21%) of the official price, and it is even cheaper than for the Spanish or UE people; but if the purchase is made here and then it is sent, you do not save that 21% for buyers from outside the EU.

Think about all this. If you need help, let me know.

Edited by Casiusco

4 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Please, those of you who are thinking of buying this edition take a good look at the images included on the first day, because the image on the back cover clearly indicates that the discs are locked Zone B. 

And @Cheaptrick, I have done a simulation and it seems that there is no shipping to the United Kingdom in FNAC, nor in El Corte Inglés, and in Amazon it is out of stock. This is new. I guess they are consequences of Brexit. I myself recently had problems with shipping from the UK to Spain. Too much shippings stoped in the both sid' of customs. 

Obviously, the dimensions of the box are not already known, nor its weight, but estimating it according to the photos and in an approximate and absolutely provisional way, not exactly, I would think of a minimum of 30 or 35 € for shipping. Maybe. 

The worst thing about buying it like this, and that the store does not send it directly, is that if you buy from outside the EU they take away the VAT (21%) of the official price, and it is even cheaper than for the Spanish or European; But if the purchase is made here and then it is sent, you do not save that 21% for buyers from outside the EU.

Think about all this. If you need help, let me know.

Thanks but I think I'm going to pass on this one. Too much money right now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Confirmed: Spanish subtitles cannot be removed. The Eisenstein book is only in spanish.

In terms of image quality, it seems the best there has ever been. It comes from the best existing masters in recent years, with more bitrate than anyone.

If anyone is interested, Amazon IT is the only known store that is shipping it to any country now and at the best price. 

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B08ZF7N5X8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Le 06/05/2021 à 10:59, Casiusco a dit :

Confirmed: Spanish subtitles cannot be removed. The Eisenstein book is only in spanish.

In terms of image quality, it seems the best there has ever been. It comes from the best existing masters in recent years, with more bitrate than anyone.

If anyone is interested, Amazon IT is the only known store that is shipping it to any country now and at the best price. 

I saw in the "show us your latest receptions" thread
that you had received this beautiful edition
congratulations, really

too bad for the Spanish subtitles 

Edited by romain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/6/2021 at 4:59 AM, Casiusco said:

🥤Very nice edition you have added to your collection my friend @Casiusco, congrats 🎊🎉🎈🍾 🥳:)

Well Done Reaction GIF

I would love this edition, however the Spanish only audio is my deal-breaker 😞 

• Like 2