IGNORED

UHD CLUB A Chinese Odyssey (Two Film Collection) (UHD CLUB DP #10) (Digipak Hardbox) (Blu-ray) [China]

deckard99

• ★ Administrators ★

MP Group Buy Here

Info & Questions Topic here

A Chinese Odyssey (Two Film Collection) (UHD CLUB Exclusive DP #10) (Digipak Hardbox) (Blu-ray) [China]

Release Date: 2021

Price: TBA

Limited: 248 copies only

Note:  Media Psychos will be the only official groupbuy for this release!

image.thumb.png.98489db64759e8f53b8f9784d52ce13d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• deckard99 changed the title to A Chinese Odyssey (Two Film Collection) (UHD CLUB DP #10) (Digipak Hardbox) (Blu-ray) [China]

A Chinese Odyssey

Fantasy adventure about the arrival of Buddhism in China. When the Goddess of Happiness tosses the Longevity Monk and his disciples out of heaven (because the Monkey King tried to attain immortality), the Monkey King is reincarnated as the Joker. He now spends his time chasing two jealous women. When one of them is dying, the Joker goes back in time in an attempt to save her. 

• Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, Veum said:

A Chinese Odyssey

Fantasy adventure about the arrival of Buddhism in China. When the Goddess of Happiness tosses the Longevity Monk and his disciples out of heaven (because the Monkey King tried to attain immortality), the Monkey King is reincarnated as the Joker. He now spends his time chasing two jealous women. When one of them is dying, the Joker goes back in time in an attempt to save her. 

Now I'm even more confused 🤔

• ★ Administrators ★

It looks very interesting to me. There are 2 movies included in this release, parts 1 & 2.

According to IMDB part 1 is a "Fantasy adventure about the arrival of Buddhism in China. When the Goddess of Happiness tosses the Longevity Monk and his disciples out of heaven (because the Monkey King tried to attain immortality), the Monkey King is reincarnated as the Joker. He now spends his time chasing two jealous women. When one of them is dying, the Joker goes back in time in an attempt to save her."

Some more info:

A Chinese Odyssey is a two-part 1995 Hong Kong fantasy-comedy film directed by Jeffrey Lau and starring Stephen Chow. The first part is titled A Chinese Odyssey Part One: Pandora's Box while the second one is called A Chinese Odyssey Part Two: Cinderella. The film is very loosely based on the 16th century Wu Cheng'en novel Journey to the West. Journey to the West (Chinese: 西遊記; pinyin: Xī Yóu Jì) is a Chinese novel published in the 16th century during the Ming dynasty and attributed to Wu Cheng'en. It is one of the Four Great Classical Novels of Chinese literature. It has been described as arguably the most popular literary work in East Asia.

• Like 4

Spoiler
7 minutes ago, ethnosax said:

When I first saw this thread, I was thinking it was the comedy spoof A Chinese Odyssey 2002 (which I remember being hilarious). Now I see from IMDB that pretty much every third movie made in China is called A Chinese Odyssey. (That might be an exaggeration, but there are about seven.)

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

• Haha 3

I am intrigued by this release but not sure I want to buy it.  I am all for supporting UHD as they seem to be very fan friendly and open to suggestions from us.  On the other hand, I don't know if I would watch it more than once.  And if I don't like part 1, I probably wouldn't bother watching part 2. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awards

32 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

I believe it's the same master.

I absolutely love both movies. I have them on bluray, I really recommend them to people who are fans of Chinese fantasy movies and Stephen Chow movies. But if they’re the same master I may just leave it. But a great set nonetheless 

Awards

Loved the old Monkey Magic tv series years ago and it basically introduced these types of movies to me. Have only seen the first movie Pandora’s Box so far and thought it was pretty decent movie. Both These movies are on Netflix at the moment.

I like the look of the special edition for these movies. 

Do do they have English subs?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...