IGNORED

Veum’s movie room reviews/movie discussions/orders & TV news/info 🤠​​​​​​​ 🎥 🥤​​​​​​​🍿​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Veum

27 minutes ago, Veum said:

🤠🍿🎬:)

I can’t wait for my 4K to arrive at the end of the month of this great classic & I’ll let you enjoy a review of the 4K with one of my fav YT Jeff...

@Veum I have been watching Films at Home for the past couple of months.  Good channel.  I'll check out the other vid you posted.  I'm always look for good content to watch.

• Like 1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Batman: The Long Halloween (2021)

image.jpeg.12560f42a8980d426563c57cef8863c2.jpeg

A time-honored Batman tale is coming to the screen with the animated Batman: The Long Halloween, Part One. Supernatural's Jensen Ackles leads the cast as Batman/Bruce Wayne after previously voicing Jason Todd/Red Hood in 2010's Batman: Under the Red Hood.

Among the ensemble voice cast is Naya Rivera, the late Glee star who died in July. Rivera completed her voice work as Catwoman/Selina Kyle for The Long Halloween, which will be a two-part project, with Part One expected to bow this spring or summer.

'Batman: The Long Halloween, Part One' Sets Voice Cast (Exclusive)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If you could pick only one Studio for your collection who would it be? 🤔...

I’ll go first, I pick...

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS

Hammer Studios is a close second for me...

They have my catalogue of the Universal Classic Monsters, which by far have the most replay value 🎬 for me! 🧛‍♂️

image.png.75d7b0aa637fd05bbcd6d74c5d71cca2.png

The Chronological Universal Monsters

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Veum said:

If you could pick only one Studio for your collection who would it be? 🤔...

I’ll go first, I pick...

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS

Hammer Studios is a close second for me...

They have my catalogue of the Universal Classic Monsters, which by far have the most replay value 🎬 for me! 🧛‍♂️

image.png.75d7b0aa637fd05bbcd6d74c5d71cca2.png

The Chronological Universal Monsters

I pick...

Warner Brothers  image.png.c1cef7353f031bd27974724d19ece9c0.png

A24 is a close second for me cause I really like their drama and horror movies.

Pin on Type and Lettering Inspiration

Edited by Caktus26
  • Like 2

I’ll generally watch anything from her 😍

image.gif.e0f060782b74f5aeef0935fcfda31aa1.gif

Amazon Jolt (2021) (Kate Beckinsale, Stanley Tucci) (July 23 on Amazon Prime Video)

jolt-kate-beckinsale-amazon-studios-acti

Quote:
A bouncer with a slightly murderous anger-management problem that she controls with the help of an electrode-lined vest she uses to shock herself back to normalcy whenever she gets homicidal. After the first guy she's ever fallen for is murdered, she goes on a revenge-fueled rampage to find the killer while the cops pursue her as their chief suspect.
  • Like 2

image.thumb.jpeg.dc7e2d70310445eb209577a65af79b4a.jpeg

While Green has yet to be confirmed as the next director to tackle The Exorcist, Jason Blum did confirm to Den of Geek that Blumhouse will, in fact, be producing.

The interview takes an interesting turn, with Blum teasing a new direction for the next Exorcist, likening it to what they’ve done with John Carpenter’s Halloween.

“[It’s] going to be like David’s Halloween sequel,” Blum tells the site. “I think it’s going to pleasantly surprise all the skeptics out there. We had a lot of skeptics about Halloween and David turned them around, and I think he’s going to turn it around with The Exorcist.”

"I want to make a movie that works for both [audiences],” says Blum. “I want to make a movie for people that know and love the first Exorcist and are furious that we’re doing this, but somehow drag themselves to the theater. I want them to come out happy. And I want to make a movie that people who’ve never heard of The Exorcist really enjoy. I think David did that with Halloween. I think he’ll do that with The Exorcist also.”

‘The Exorcist’: Jason Blum Confirms Blumhouse Will Produce New Movie

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

Batman: The Long Halloween (2021) Part 1

You don't need to have seen the previous DC animations to understand the film. To be honest, you don't even have to be very familiar with Batman comics. In fact, the film is a great way to enter the world of Batman. A lot of villains are introduced without looking cluttered, so that as a beginner you can get to know a lot of characters. Anyone who is familiar with Batman and has followed the series "Gotham" or seen the masterpiece "The Dark Knight" will of course recognize many similarities, because the comic book "The Long Halloween" was the inspiration for these titles. "The Long Halloween - Part 1" is not pure action, it is actually very quiet, but atmospherically very dense. The world of Gotham is very dark and dirty and you can feel that here every second. Since you are dealing with a very young Batman, he also makes mistakes. He's not perfect, still has to learn and grow, but when it comes to action, Batman acts wonderfully brutal, very ruthless and comparatively hard for PG13 (Part 2 has got an R-Rated by the way). "Supernatural" star Jensen Ackles, who has already gained experience through his sensational performance as Red Hood DC Animations, does a very good job here as Batman and "Transformers" star Josh Duhamel also does an excellent job as Harvey Dent. If you haven't been able to do anything with Dent, you can experience his really great and tragic Origin story here.

The interaction between Batman and Catwoman is also sensational. It's great how she turns his head and Batman gets in trouble when she's around. Naya Rivera can be seen here in her last role before her tragic death and she was also dedicated to the film. It's amazing that the film manages not to be cluttered with so many characters. Everyone gets their good moment, at the same time the main story is never lost sight of. It's great how the young Batman makes mistakes, tries to learn from them and also how he tries to investigate. His defeats are also very tough, of course, and the guesswork of who the serial killer is is very good. You are always excited and there is one great twist after the other, which of course makes you realize why The "Long Halloween" is one of the best Batman comics for many. The story was transferred very intelligently and very close to the original in the film. The drawing style is made of high quality as usual and at a top level, which sometimes reminds of motion comics with moments. A style that we already saw in “Man of Tomorrow”. The film has no humor except for a moment with Bruce Wayne. The film is absolutely deadly serious and dark, which reflects the tension very well and clearly shows that Batman is not a happy character. At the end you get a brutal cliffhanger that leaves you full of anticipation for part 2.

The bonus material is completely in HD. The short film is very nice, some of you probably know the filming of "The Loosers" with Chris Evans. The mood is clearly different and there have been better DC short films, but the short film is quite nice as a casual entertainment. The preview of “The Long Halloween Part 2” is more interesting, where there are also scenes from the comic and the original speakers and makers have their say. This feature takes just under 10 minutes. Unfortunately there is no feature about the comic itself. The two episodes from "The Animated Series", which is still considered one of the best Batman series of all time, are of course selected to match the theme. The other two previews have already been shown on various other DC Animations Blu-rays and of course these are recommended if you don't have the films yet. This not only gives you a great preview with comic comparisons but also interviews with speakers and crew. Everything makes you very curious. Overall, it is a very good bonus material with a running time of almost 90 minutes.

Conclusion:

The perfect introduction to the world of Batman, at the same time a great implementation of the masterpiece for fans of the comic. Complex, gloomy, atmospherically dense, brutal and very exciting, “The Long Halloween: Part 1” shows why the template delights critics and fans. A film that belongs in every good Batman collection

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know I’ve asked this before Psychos, but what I like on the Dark Shadows FB group is once in awhile they will have for us a Watching Party 🎉 📺

I think it would be so fun for us to pick a film 🎥 that all of us would own & watch it together and we could comment also, so why are most of you Psychos opposed to a fun event such as this? 🧐 

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

🥤🤠 finally decided to get this special edition of Star Trek The Motion Picture Director’s Edition 4K UHD/DLX (1979)

The Director's Edition Complete Adventure | Remastered / 4K Ultra HD + DigitalParamount Pictures | 1979 | 1 Movie, 3 Cuts | 144 min | Rated PG | Sep 06, 2022 (1 Month)

image.jpeg.7701b4ced4b47b940d75739fde46304e.jpeg

Fully Restored Director's Edition of Star Trek: The Motion Picture Arrives on 4K Ultra HD

The case for the Star Trek: The Motion Pictures Director's Edition 4K Ultra HD set.

UPDATE: decided to not get  this special one after all and just go with this regular one (the special only had 5 minutes from a 1983 TV version & just was not worth the extra money to me!)! :)

The Director's Edition | Remastered / 4K Ultra HD + DigitalParamount Pictures | 1979 | 136 min | Rated PG | Sep 06, 2022 (1 Month)

Star Trek: The Motion Picture 4K (Blu-ray)

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Noir21 said:

Surely you already know them but I will name three of the ones that I liked the most.

Rogue 2007, Black Water 2007 (that was a good year for the Gators😄🐊), and Crawl 2019

I have these in my Amazon queue so far, thanks! :)

The Great Alligator - aka Il fiume del grande caimano [Blu-ray], Opens in a new tab

Lake Placid (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray], Opens in a new tab

Black Water: Abyss, Opens in a new tab

Rogue (Unrated), Opens in a new tab

And I have the blu-ray of Crawl!! 

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

🥤:) received today/recently my Second Sight (ordered in June ‘22) BD The Mummy/Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell, fleabay BD Sinister 2 AMZ BD Sinister, The Visit, 4K Killer’s Kiss, Star Trek The Motion Picture (The Director’s Cut), Star Trek V The Final Frontier, Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country! :)

pic…

soon GIF

Edited by Veum

• 2 months later...

:)🤠🎬 ordered today from AMZ w/gift card :

High Plains Drifter 4K (Blu-ray) Death Wish II 4K (Blu-ray)

W/o gift card:

Doom 4K (Blu-ray) Conan the Barbarian 4K (Blu-ray)

Ordered Wed Nov 30 22:

Reservoir Dogs 4K (Blu-ray)

Ordered Thu Dec 1

Kino sale:

304543_medium.jpg?t=1662149064 310659_medium.jpg?t=1661142783 320813_medium.jpg?t=1659857586 318731_medium.jpg?t=1664058673 

299524_medium.jpg?t=1657736670 295276_medium.jpg?t=1629409287 290630_medium.jpg?t=1645455228

292538_medium.jpg?t=1646173790 231776_medium.jpg?t=1549586453 275313_medium.jpg?t=1600723526 305741_medium.jpg?t=1644011519

ordered this 4K region-free player to use in the new year movie watching w/cyber sale!! :)

Sony UBP-X700 Region Free 4K UHD Blu-ray Player

Sony UBP-X700 m Region Free 4K UHD Blu-ray Player UBP-X700m

FREE Shipping in USA!

• Newest model UBP-X700M updated 2022 model year 
  • Plays DVD Discs from All Regions (0 - 😎
  • Plays Blu-ray Discs from All Regions (A, B, and C)
  • Firmware can be updated via internet at any time doesn't affect regional codeing
  • Standard DVD region switching: Automatic
  • Blu-ray Region switching - 1 Button SUPER Fast & Easy
  • Worldwide Voltage (works with any voltage from 110 to 240 volts)
  • 4K Ultra-HD Resolution
  • Dolby Atmos, HDR10 and Dolby Vision
  • DLNA Compatibility (share media on your home network)
  • Upscaling of non-4K Discs to 4K Quality
  • Streaming Media including Netflix & Streaming 4K, Youtube, and Amazon
  • USB Input to Play Files from USB Drive
  • HDMI Output
  • Our #1 Recommended UHD 4k Player in terms of Durability, Quality of sound & Video, as well as ease of use
  • Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTDLS-HD Master Audio
  • Plays Practically Any Audio/Video File Format

Spoiler

Sony UBP-X700 m Region Free Multi region 4K UHD Ultra HD Blu-ray Player

The sony UBP-X700M is the newest model that replaced the UBP-X700. The newer model has the same reliability, durability, premium audio & video features, plus it is upgraded with the newest Software. The newest M model features a newer hardare & software / firmware upgrades which improve playback for UHD 4k Ultra hd Blu-ray discs. The new model also fixed some minor bugs in the older model, Improves HDMI connection stability, and Supports Dolby Vision content for Blu-ray Disc & Netflix.  Also the newest model includes Dolby vision hardware and software to compliment the newest tvs and home theaters. 

The Region-Free Sony UBP-X700 m is the newest UHD (Ultra-HD, or 4K) Blu-ray Player in the brand's lineup. Affordable and featuring plenty of features, this player will give you convenient access to everything you need for real home theater enjoyment. Offering more than just an amazing picture, the UBP-X700 we sell is a region-free model. This allows it to work with any TV, any voltage (110 to 240 volts) and to play discs from any region in the world. There's no need for video converters or voltage converters. Buy your discs from anywhere and use this player anywhere. It's totally universal. Just keep in mind that our Region-Free Sony UBP-X700 4k Blu-ray Player has been professionally modified for this functionality, and the region-free model is not available in department stores.

So what features and options does the player include? Let's take a look.

Region-Free Playback: Play Blu-rays and DVDs from any region in the world. This player is ideal for anyone who's traveling or anyone who purchases movies overseas. You'll never have another problem with disc compatibility.

Firmware can be updated via internet at any time doesn't affect regional codeing
Firmware upgradeable: Our player is 100% Firmware upgradeable

Note about our modification: Our Region-Free modification comes with a Lifetime guarantee. We are 100% confident that you will never find a DVD disc or Blu-ray disc that will not play in our player due to regional coding.

NOTE FROM OUR TECHS: We often get calls asking us which player we would recommend and why. We have now started putting in some notes from our techs. What we love about this Sony UBP-X700 m region free player is that is packs amazing sound and video into a small foot print. There aren't many negatives to really write about here. It's a great priced unit, does a fantastic job with Video & Audio, Durability is 2nd to none, and it has all the features one can want. Leaving aside the really high end models that are much more expensive we would highly recommend this model.

Worldwide Voltage: Use this player anywhere in the world without a voltage converter. There's a convenient switch that allows you to change the player to the proper voltage so it can be used safely at any voltage from 110 volts to 240 volts.

Internal PAL to NTSC Conversion: There's no need to worry about using this player with a foreign tv. Since it features internal PAL/NTSC conversion, it's always compatible and you won't need to purchase any kind of video converter. Simply plug and play!

4K Ultra-HD Resolution: The highest resolution yet, 4K is nearly 4-times more detailed than 1080p HD. You're going to witness cinema in all it's glory in the comfort of your own home. Brighter, deeper, and richer colors. Improved contrast and more detailed shadows. More intense and lifelike action scenes. Ultra-HD is as real as it gets, and it's not something you want to miss out on.

Streaming Media: Enjoy your favorite streaming services like Netflix, and even 4K streaming. Watch TV shows, documentaries, movies and more. With streaming media services, there's always something great to watch.

Dual band Wifi For smooth streaming

4K Up-scaling: Wish your old DVDs were 4k? Don't worry, because 4k upscaling raises the resolution of your non-4k discs to near-4k quality. This feature ensures you're getting the best picture possible from any disc in your collection.

HDR10 and Dolby Vision: An HDR10 signal contains up to 100x the brightness of a standard (SDR) signal, massively increasing peak brightness while retaining deep and highly-detailed blacks, for an entirely new viewing experience. Enjoy this option, along with Dolby Vision HDR for the most realistic viewing experience available.

DLNA Compatibility: If you want to share media wirelessly, DLNA is where it's at. This feature allows you to access media (music, movies, photos, video) from other DLNA enabled devices in your home using your home wi-fi network. Want to watch a movie on your TV, but the movie is saved on your laptop? No problem. With the DLNA connection you can easily reach and play the files on your laptop without hassle. You can also use this feature with mobile devices.

Miracast Screen Sharing: Using the built-in Wi-Fi, you can share screens with your TV. Have a home video you want to share with your family? Want to surf Youtube on your smartphone but see the video on your TV? No problem. You can easily connect and watch anything you want right there on the big screen, thanks to Sony's Miracast technology.

USB Playback: Want to watch a movie that's stored on a USB or external hard drive? Want to connect your SLR camera and view the photos on your TV screen? Want to play music from an MP3 player? It's all possible by utilizing the convenient frontal USB port.

File Compatibility: The UBP-X700 plays practically any video or audio file format that you can imagine.

This player offers a wide variety of features for your home theater. It allows youu to integrate media from your laptops and mobile devices, play streaming media, access your favorite music playlists, share your smartphone screen to the TV, view older movie titles in near-4K resolution, and more. Best of all, it allows you to do these things with any TV, from anywhere in the world. For more information about the Region-Free SOny UBP-X700 4k Blu-ray Player, see the detaile specifications below.

High Dynamic Range offers the richest picture

The UBP-X700m is ready for Ultra HD Blu-ray discs with HDR (High Dynamic Range). These discs offer the absolute highest level of picture detail currently available. HDR allows compatible TVs to display extremely bright and dark black picture content together within the same image. 

And this player supports the HDR10 format, but also the more sophisticated Dolby Vision format on the new UBP-X700m model. Dolby Vision can adjust brightness and color levels on a scene-by-scene basis.

Product Specifications

Playback Capability

• Disc - BD-RE, BD-RE Dual Layer, BD-ROM, CD (CD-DA), CD-R/-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R Double Layer, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-R Dual Layer, DVD-RW, DVD-Video, SA-CD (SA-CD / CD) Playback, Stereoscopic 3D (profile 5), Ultra HD Blu-ray™
  • Video Format - AVCHD Disc Format, HEVC, Motion JPEG (.mov, .avi), MPEG-1 Video/PS (.mpg, .MPEG, .mkv).VOB, .VRO, MPEG-2 Video/PS, TS (.mpg, .MPEG, .m2ts, .mts, .mkv).VOB, .VRO, MPEG-4/AVC (.mov, 3gp, .3g2, .3gpp, .3gpp2, .flv), MPEG-4 AVC (.mkv, .mp4, .m4v, .m2ts, .mts), VC1 (.m2ts, .mts, .mkv), VP6, VP8, VP9, WMV9 (.wmv, .asf, .mkv), Xvid (.avi, .mkv)
  • Audio Format - AAC (.AAC, .mka), AIFF (.aiff, .aif), ALAC (.m4a), Dolby® Digital (.ac3, .mka), DSD - DSDIFF/DSD (.dff, .dsf), FLAC (.flac, .fla), HEAAC v.1/v.2/level2, LPCM (.mka), Mokey’s Audio, Vorbis, WMA10 Pro, WMA9 Standard (.WMA)
  • Photo Format - BMP (.bmp), GIF (.gif), JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg), MPO MPF 3D (.mpo), PNG (.png), WEBP (.webp)

Audio Section

Surround Sound Decoders: The Sony UBP-X700 UHD Blu-ray player has built-in Dolby Digital and DTS surround processors with support for Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High Resolution, and DTS-HD Master Audio. Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS-HD are only output via the player's HDMI output.

• Dolby Digital Plus: Dolby Digital Plus was developed as an extension to Dolby Digital. The audio coding technology supports 7.1 channel surround sound. Dolby Digital Plus also includes the standard Dolby Digital bit stream and is compatible with all current Dolby Digital processors using the coaxial digital output.
  • Dolby TrueHD: Dolby TrueHD is a lossless coding technology that supports up to 8 channels of multi-channel surround sound for the next generation optical discs. The reproduced sound is true to the original source bit-for-bit.
  • DTS-HD High Resolution Audio: DTS-HD High Resolution Audio supports a maximum sampling frequency of 96 kHz, and 7.1 multi-channel surround. DTS-HD High Resolution Audio has a maximum transmission rate of 6 Mbps, with a lossy compression.
  • DTS-HD Master Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio has a maximum transmission rate of 24.5 Mbps and uses lossless compression (Lossless), and DTS-HD Master Audio corresponds to a maximum sampling frequency of 192 kHz, and maximum of 7.1ch.

Picture and Audio Features

• supports HDR10 format and Dolby Vision
  • Picture Feature: 24p True Cinema™, 4K Upscale (60p), Deep color (12 bit)
  • Certified Hi-Res Audio: No
  • Dolby: Dolby Atmos® (bitstream out)/Dolby® True HD decoding (7.1ch)
  • DTS: DTS:X™ (bitstream out)/DTS decoding (7.1ch)
  • Will pass Dolby Atmos and DTS:X soundtracks when HDMI output is set to "bitstream"

Network

• Wifi Built In: Yes
  • Wifi Mimo: Yes
  • Features: Screen mirroring (Wi-Fi® Miracast)
  • Streaming: Streaming 3D Streaming, 4K streaming, Live streaming

Convenience Features

• Functions: Auto Power Off (Auto Stand-by), BRAVIA Sync, Child Lock, Parental Control, Super Quick Start Mode
  • Applications: Video & TV SideView

Terminals

• Input and Output: Coaxial Audio Output(s): 1 (Rear), Ethernet Connection(s): 1 (Rear), HDMI Output(s): 2 (Rear), USB Input(s): 1 (Front)

Power

• Power Consumption: 15 W in Operation 0.35 W in Standby
  • 110 120 220 240 volts for world wide use
  • 50 / 60 hz 

Addtional highlights

• compact design
  • plays Ultra HD Blu-ray discs, 3D and standard Blu-ray discs, SACDs, DVDs, CDs and rewriteable discs
    • Quick Start/Load mode swiftly queues up a disc from the "off" position
Video Features:
  • full 4K resolution video for use with Ultra HD TVs
    • 4K video upscaling for standard Blu-ray and DVDs
  • HDR (High Dynamic Range) for extended picture contrast and brightness on compatible TVs
    • supports HDR10 format and Dolby Vision™
  • supports lower resolutions when used with non-4K TVs
  • Our version is upgraded and plays Region A, Region B, and Region C blu-rays
  • It also supports Region 0, region 1, region 2, region 3, region 4, region 5, reigon 6, region 7 and any other region dvd
  • Supports Pal / NTSC / Secam
  • Play any Region DVD or Blu-ray from anywhere in the world.
Wireless Features:
  • built-in Wi-Fi for smooth wireless streaming
    • streaming video apps include Netflix, YouTube, and Amazon Prime Video 
  • HEVC for watching streamed 4K content from sources like Netflix and Amazon Instant Video 
  • Miracast-compatible — screen-mirroring with Miracast-compatible smartphones and tablets
Technical Specs and General Info:
  • selectable video resolution up to 3840 x 2160 pixels
  • built-in audio decoding for Dolby® Digital, Dolby TrueHD, DTS®, and DTS-HD Master Audio
    • can pass Dolby Atmos and DTS:X soundtracks when HDMI output is set to "bitstream"
  • front-panel USB port to play music, movies, and images from external hard drives and thumb drives
    • plays AAC, AIFF, ALAC, DSD (.dff and .dfs files), FLAC, MP3, and WMA audio file formats
  • 2 HDMI outputs for separating audio and video signals
    • "VIDEO" HDMI output is HDMI 2.0a (connected 4K TV and/or receiver must have an HDCP 2.2-compatible HDMI input, and must have HDMI 2.0a to support HDR)
    • "AUDIO" HDMI output does not pass video signals

• Multibrand Remote: The supplied remote operates The UHD Blu-ray player and a Sony TV's power on/off, input select, and volume up/down. The remote even has a dedicated Netflix button for immediate access to your Netflix movies. The remote is also pre-programmed with power, input, and volume controls for several other brand TVs.
  • Backward Compatible: Ultra HD Blu-ray players will play all current Blu-ray Disc & DVD content. When connected to a current HDTV television, the player will output a standard HDTV signal. Ultra HD Blu-ray players will support existing Blu-ray media, as well as provide down conversion and HDR to SDR conversion functionality to match the connected television's capabilities.

DLNA Certified: certification allows you to enjoy various content from your home network, such as music, photo, and video files stored on your Windows 7/8 PC (or other DLNA Certified media server/Android device) through the Sony UBP-X700 - up to 999 files/folders. The UHD Blu-ray player can be connected to your compatible PC using a hardwired Ethernet (LAN) connection or WiFi connection (via built-in WiFi).

• Built-in WiFi: The UHD Blu-ray player also features built-in 2.4GHz WiFi which allows you to wirelessly access the Internet and your home network (not compatible with 5GHz). With this feature, you can easily connect to a wireless LAN and enjoy the benefits of networking in a cable-free environment. A wireless connection requires a home network with an 802.11 a/b/g/n access point (802.11n recommended) and internet connection. Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security.

Dual Core Processor: Dual Core Processor ensures fast, no lag performance. Fast loading

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

:) 🤠 🎬 📀 looky here just ordered today from the 🐭 DMC! 🤑

Mickey Mouse Disney GIF

2432300.jpg
Item Aliens 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Blu-ray Bonus + Digital Code
Qty - 1
Price - $29.95
Ext Price $29.95 
Estimated Delivery Date 03/12/24

2432360.jpg
Item True Lies (1994) 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital Code
Qty - 1
Price - $11.98 
Ext Price $11.98 

2438970.jpg
Item The Abyss (1989) 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital Code
Qty - 1
Price - $11.98 
Ext Price $11.98 

• Like 5

• Veum changed the title to Veum’s movie room reviews/movie discussions/orders & TV news/info 🤠​​​​​​​ 🎥 🥤​​​​​​​🍿​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • 1 month later...

🤠 🎬 📀 shocking that our classic films are being changed for a “new” rating… I suggest you get your physical media before they change our beloved classics! 😳

THERE ARE SEVERAL CLASSIC FILMS THAT THEY ARE CHANGING THE RATING!! 😠 

One of the classics Mary Poppins is getting a “new” rating 🤔 😠 

“Mary Poppins” is apparently no longer practically perfect in every way.

The much-beloved Disney classic has been slapped with a ratings change in the U.K., losing its “U” rating for “universal” — the equivalent of a “G” rating in the U.S. — in favor of a “PG” rating, meaning parental guidance is suggested.

‘Mary Poppins’ Ratings Changed Due to ‘Discriminatory Language’ in Disney Classic

The Wizard of Oz also C’MON MAN 😡 

Angry Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga

'Wizard of Oz' Rating Could Change Over Offensive Language

image.jpeg.e509511b37cd77f581e2eee509a48cff.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 12:29 PM, Veum said:

:)🤠🎬 ordered today from AMZ w/gift card :

High Plains Drifter 4K (Blu-ray) Death Wish II 4K (Blu-ray)

W/o gift card:

Doom 4K (Blu-ray) Conan the Barbarian 4K (Blu-ray)

Ordered Wed Nov 30 22:

Reservoir Dogs 4K (Blu-ray)

Ordered Thu Dec 1

Kino sale:

304543_medium.jpg?t=1662149064 310659_medium.jpg?t=1661142783 320813_medium.jpg?t=1659857586 318731_medium.jpg?t=1664058673 

299524_medium.jpg?t=1657736670 295276_medium.jpg?t=1629409287 290630_medium.jpg?t=1645455228

292538_medium.jpg?t=1646173790 231776_medium.jpg?t=1549586453 275313_medium.jpg?t=1600723526 305741_medium.jpg?t=1644011519

ordered this 4K region-free player to use in the new year movie watching w/cyber sale!! :)

Sony UBP-X700 Region Free 4K UHD Blu-ray Player

Sony UBP-X700 m Region Free 4K UHD Blu-ray Player UBP-X700m

FREE Shipping in USA!

• Newest model UBP-X700M updated 2022 model year 
  • Plays DVD Discs from All Regions (0 - 😎
  • Plays Blu-ray Discs from All Regions (A, B, and C)
  • Firmware can be updated via internet at any time doesn't affect regional codeing
  • Standard DVD region switching: Automatic
  • Blu-ray Region switching - 1 Button SUPER Fast & Easy
  • Worldwide Voltage (works with any voltage from 110 to 240 volts)
  • 4K Ultra-HD Resolution
  • Dolby Atmos, HDR10 and Dolby Vision
  • DLNA Compatibility (share media on your home network)
  • Upscaling of non-4K Discs to 4K Quality
  • Streaming Media including Netflix & Streaming 4K, Youtube, and Amazon
  • USB Input to Play Files from USB Drive
  • HDMI Output
  • Our #1 Recommended UHD 4k Player in terms of Durability, Quality of sound & Video, as well as ease of use
  • Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTDLS-HD Master Audio
  • Plays Practically Any Audio/Video File Format

Reveal hidden contents

Sony UBP-X700 m Region Free Multi region 4K UHD Ultra HD Blu-ray Player

The sony UBP-X700M is the newest model that replaced the UBP-X700. The newer model has the same reliability, durability, premium audio & video features, plus it is upgraded with the newest Software. The newest M model features a newer hardare & software / firmware upgrades which improve playback for UHD 4k Ultra hd Blu-ray discs. The new model also fixed some minor bugs in the older model, Improves HDMI connection stability, and Supports Dolby Vision content for Blu-ray Disc & Netflix.  Also the newest model includes Dolby vision hardware and software to compliment the newest tvs and home theaters. 

The Region-Free Sony UBP-X700 m is the newest UHD (Ultra-HD, or 4K) Blu-ray Player in the brand's lineup. Affordable and featuring plenty of features, this player will give you convenient access to everything you need for real home theater enjoyment. Offering more than just an amazing picture, the UBP-X700 we sell is a region-free model. This allows it to work with any TV, any voltage (110 to 240 volts) and to play discs from any region in the world. There's no need for video converters or voltage converters. Buy your discs from anywhere and use this player anywhere. It's totally universal. Just keep in mind that our Region-Free Sony UBP-X700 4k Blu-ray Player has been professionally modified for this functionality, and the region-free model is not available in department stores.

So what features and options does the player include? Let's take a look.

Region-Free Playback: Play Blu-rays and DVDs from any region in the world. This player is ideal for anyone who's traveling or anyone who purchases movies overseas. You'll never have another problem with disc compatibility.

Firmware can be updated via internet at any time doesn't affect regional codeing
Firmware upgradeable: Our player is 100% Firmware upgradeable

Note about our modification: Our Region-Free modification comes with a Lifetime guarantee. We are 100% confident that you will never find a DVD disc or Blu-ray disc that will not play in our player due to regional coding.

NOTE FROM OUR TECHS: We often get calls asking us which player we would recommend and why. We have now started putting in some notes from our techs. What we love about this Sony UBP-X700 m region free player is that is packs amazing sound and video into a small foot print. There aren't many negatives to really write about here. It's a great priced unit, does a fantastic job with Video & Audio, Durability is 2nd to none, and it has all the features one can want. Leaving aside the really high end models that are much more expensive we would highly recommend this model.

Worldwide Voltage: Use this player anywhere in the world without a voltage converter. There's a convenient switch that allows you to change the player to the proper voltage so it can be used safely at any voltage from 110 volts to 240 volts.

Internal PAL to NTSC Conversion: There's no need to worry about using this player with a foreign tv. Since it features internal PAL/NTSC conversion, it's always compatible and you won't need to purchase any kind of video converter. Simply plug and play!

4K Ultra-HD Resolution: The highest resolution yet, 4K is nearly 4-times more detailed than 1080p HD. You're going to witness cinema in all it's glory in the comfort of your own home. Brighter, deeper, and richer colors. Improved contrast and more detailed shadows. More intense and lifelike action scenes. Ultra-HD is as real as it gets, and it's not something you want to miss out on.

Streaming Media: Enjoy your favorite streaming services like Netflix, and even 4K streaming. Watch TV shows, documentaries, movies and more. With streaming media services, there's always something great to watch.

Dual band Wifi For smooth streaming

4K Up-scaling: Wish your old DVDs were 4k? Don't worry, because 4k upscaling raises the resolution of your non-4k discs to near-4k quality. This feature ensures you're getting the best picture possible from any disc in your collection.

HDR10 and Dolby Vision: An HDR10 signal contains up to 100x the brightness of a standard (SDR) signal, massively increasing peak brightness while retaining deep and highly-detailed blacks, for an entirely new viewing experience. Enjoy this option, along with Dolby Vision HDR for the most realistic viewing experience available.

DLNA Compatibility: If you want to share media wirelessly, DLNA is where it's at. This feature allows you to access media (music, movies, photos, video) from other DLNA enabled devices in your home using your home wi-fi network. Want to watch a movie on your TV, but the movie is saved on your laptop? No problem. With the DLNA connection you can easily reach and play the files on your laptop without hassle. You can also use this feature with mobile devices.

Miracast Screen Sharing: Using the built-in Wi-Fi, you can share screens with your TV. Have a home video you want to share with your family? Want to surf Youtube on your smartphone but see the video on your TV? No problem. You can easily connect and watch anything you want right there on the big screen, thanks to Sony's Miracast technology.

USB Playback: Want to watch a movie that's stored on a USB or external hard drive? Want to connect your SLR camera and view the photos on your TV screen? Want to play music from an MP3 player? It's all possible by utilizing the convenient frontal USB port.

File Compatibility: The UBP-X700 plays practically any video or audio file format that you can imagine.

This player offers a wide variety of features for your home theater. It allows youu to integrate media from your laptops and mobile devices, play streaming media, access your favorite music playlists, share your smartphone screen to the TV, view older movie titles in near-4K resolution, and more. Best of all, it allows you to do these things with any TV, from anywhere in the world. For more information about the Region-Free SOny UBP-X700 4k Blu-ray Player, see the detaile specifications below.

High Dynamic Range offers the richest picture

The UBP-X700m is ready for Ultra HD Blu-ray discs with HDR (High Dynamic Range). These discs offer the absolute highest level of picture detail currently available. HDR allows compatible TVs to display extremely bright and dark black picture content together within the same image. 

And this player supports the HDR10 format, but also the more sophisticated Dolby Vision format on the new UBP-X700m model. Dolby Vision can adjust brightness and color levels on a scene-by-scene basis.

Product Specifications

Playback Capability

• Disc - BD-RE, BD-RE Dual Layer, BD-ROM, CD (CD-DA), CD-R/-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R Double Layer, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-R Dual Layer, DVD-RW, DVD-Video, SA-CD (SA-CD / CD) Playback, Stereoscopic 3D (profile 5), Ultra HD Blu-ray™
  • Video Format - AVCHD Disc Format, HEVC, Motion JPEG (.mov, .avi), MPEG-1 Video/PS (.mpg, .MPEG, .mkv).VOB, .VRO, MPEG-2 Video/PS, TS (.mpg, .MPEG, .m2ts, .mts, .mkv).VOB, .VRO, MPEG-4/AVC (.mov, 3gp, .3g2, .3gpp, .3gpp2, .flv), MPEG-4 AVC (.mkv, .mp4, .m4v, .m2ts, .mts), VC1 (.m2ts, .mts, .mkv), VP6, VP8, VP9, WMV9 (.wmv, .asf, .mkv), Xvid (.avi, .mkv)
  • Audio Format - AAC (.AAC, .mka), AIFF (.aiff, .aif), ALAC (.m4a), Dolby® Digital (.ac3, .mka), DSD - DSDIFF/DSD (.dff, .dsf), FLAC (.flac, .fla), HEAAC v.1/v.2/level2, LPCM (.mka), Mokey’s Audio, Vorbis, WMA10 Pro, WMA9 Standard (.WMA)
  • Photo Format - BMP (.bmp), GIF (.gif), JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg), MPO MPF 3D (.mpo), PNG (.png), WEBP (.webp)

Audio Section

Surround Sound Decoders: The Sony UBP-X700 UHD Blu-ray player has built-in Dolby Digital and DTS surround processors with support for Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High Resolution, and DTS-HD Master Audio. Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS-HD are only output via the player's HDMI output.

• Dolby Digital Plus: Dolby Digital Plus was developed as an extension to Dolby Digital. The audio coding technology supports 7.1 channel surround sound. Dolby Digital Plus also includes the standard Dolby Digital bit stream and is compatible with all current Dolby Digital processors using the coaxial digital output.
  • Dolby TrueHD: Dolby TrueHD is a lossless coding technology that supports up to 8 channels of multi-channel surround sound for the next generation optical discs. The reproduced sound is true to the original source bit-for-bit.
  • DTS-HD High Resolution Audio: DTS-HD High Resolution Audio supports a maximum sampling frequency of 96 kHz, and 7.1 multi-channel surround. DTS-HD High Resolution Audio has a maximum transmission rate of 6 Mbps, with a lossy compression.
  • DTS-HD Master Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio has a maximum transmission rate of 24.5 Mbps and uses lossless compression (Lossless), and DTS-HD Master Audio corresponds to a maximum sampling frequency of 192 kHz, and maximum of 7.1ch.

Picture and Audio Features

• supports HDR10 format and Dolby Vision
  • Picture Feature: 24p True Cinema™, 4K Upscale (60p), Deep color (12 bit)
  • Certified Hi-Res Audio: No
  • Dolby: Dolby Atmos® (bitstream out)/Dolby® True HD decoding (7.1ch)
  • DTS: DTS:X™ (bitstream out)/DTS decoding (7.1ch)
  • Will pass Dolby Atmos and DTS:X soundtracks when HDMI output is set to "bitstream"

Network

• Wifi Built In: Yes
  • Wifi Mimo: Yes
  • Features: Screen mirroring (Wi-Fi® Miracast)
  • Streaming: Streaming 3D Streaming, 4K streaming, Live streaming

Convenience Features

• Functions: Auto Power Off (Auto Stand-by), BRAVIA Sync, Child Lock, Parental Control, Super Quick Start Mode
  • Applications: Video & TV SideView

Terminals

• Input and Output: Coaxial Audio Output(s): 1 (Rear), Ethernet Connection(s): 1 (Rear), HDMI Output(s): 2 (Rear), USB Input(s): 1 (Front)

Power

• Power Consumption: 15 W in Operation 0.35 W in Standby
  • 110 120 220 240 volts for world wide use
  • 50 / 60 hz 

Addtional highlights

• compact design
  • plays Ultra HD Blu-ray discs, 3D and standard Blu-ray discs, SACDs, DVDs, CDs and rewriteable discs
    • Quick Start/Load mode swiftly queues up a disc from the "off" position
Video Features:
  • full 4K resolution video for use with Ultra HD TVs
    • 4K video upscaling for standard Blu-ray and DVDs
  • HDR (High Dynamic Range) for extended picture contrast and brightness on compatible TVs
    • supports HDR10 format and Dolby Vision™
  • supports lower resolutions when used with non-4K TVs
  • Our version is upgraded and plays Region A, Region B, and Region C blu-rays
  • It also supports Region 0, region 1, region 2, region 3, region 4, region 5, reigon 6, region 7 and any other region dvd
  • Supports Pal / NTSC / Secam
  • Play any Region DVD or Blu-ray from anywhere in the world.
Wireless Features:
  • built-in Wi-Fi for smooth wireless streaming
    • streaming video apps include Netflix, YouTube, and Amazon Prime Video 
  • HEVC for watching streamed 4K content from sources like Netflix and Amazon Instant Video 
  • Miracast-compatible — screen-mirroring with Miracast-compatible smartphones and tablets
Technical Specs and General Info:
  • selectable video resolution up to 3840 x 2160 pixels
  • built-in audio decoding for Dolby® Digital, Dolby TrueHD, DTS®, and DTS-HD Master Audio
    • can pass Dolby Atmos and DTS:X soundtracks when HDMI output is set to "bitstream"
  • front-panel USB port to play music, movies, and images from external hard drives and thumb drives
    • plays AAC, AIFF, ALAC, DSD (.dff and .dfs files), FLAC, MP3, and WMA audio file formats
  • 2 HDMI outputs for separating audio and video signals
    • "VIDEO" HDMI output is HDMI 2.0a (connected 4K TV and/or receiver must have an HDCP 2.2-compatible HDMI input, and must have HDMI 2.0a to support HDR)
    • "AUDIO" HDMI output does not pass video signals

• Multibrand Remote: The supplied remote operates The UHD Blu-ray player and a Sony TV's power on/off, input select, and volume up/down. The remote even has a dedicated Netflix button for immediate access to your Netflix movies. The remote is also pre-programmed with power, input, and volume controls for several other brand TVs.
  • Backward Compatible: Ultra HD Blu-ray players will play all current Blu-ray Disc & DVD content. When connected to a current HDTV television, the player will output a standard HDTV signal. Ultra HD Blu-ray players will support existing Blu-ray media, as well as provide down conversion and HDR to SDR conversion functionality to match the connected television's capabilities.

DLNA Certified: certification allows you to enjoy various content from your home network, such as music, photo, and video files stored on your Windows 7/8 PC (or other DLNA Certified media server/Android device) through the Sony UBP-X700 - up to 999 files/folders. The UHD Blu-ray player can be connected to your compatible PC using a hardwired Ethernet (LAN) connection or WiFi connection (via built-in WiFi).

• Built-in WiFi: The UHD Blu-ray player also features built-in 2.4GHz WiFi which allows you to wirelessly access the Internet and your home network (not compatible with 5GHz). With this feature, you can easily connect to a wireless LAN and enjoy the benefits of networking in a cable-free environment. A wireless connection requires a home network with an 802.11 a/b/g/n access point (802.11n recommended) and internet connection. Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security.

Dual Core Processor: Dual Core Processor ensures fast, no lag performance. Fast loading

Found a good YouTuber that explains some settings changes needed if any of your 4K discs skip/freeze on your Sony X700 4K player (a really nice guy! :))! 😉

I went ahead and changed my settings to his recommendations (I did have a few 4K discs skip/freeze on me and even cleaned them but still did not help, let’s hope this settings change helps me 🙏)!! 🙏

• Like 1